Quick Glance: Armenia Seeks World Court Order for Troop Withdrawal in Nagorno-Karabakh
- Armenia requests the World Court to reaffirm its previous orders and to instruct Azerbaijan to refrain from actions aimed at displacing ethnic Armenians from the region.
- Azerbaijan invites a UN mission to visit Nagorno-Karabakh in the coming days, according to the foreign ministry.
- The World Court in The Hague serves as the UN court for resolving disputes between countries.
Quick Glance: Afghan currency achieves top rally in Q3
- Aid inflows and Taliban currency controls drive the afghani up by almost 10%.
- Afghanistan's currency was the best-performing worldwide in the third quarter of this year, with foreign aid inflows and strict capital controls helping the afghani recover from historic lows following the Taliban's takeover two years ago.
- With an almost 10% increase, the afghani ranks as the third-best currency this year, behind the Colombian peso and Sri Lankan rupee.
- Despite the Taliban's takeover, Afghanistan's economy shows signs of stabilization as the Taliban consolidates control and takes measures to support the afghani, which initially experienced a sharp decline after the takeover.
Sri Lanka handpicked India. The nation extended its support to ...
Quick Glance: India examines America's friendship
- Relations between Canada and India have significantly deteriorated.
- Many in India believe that the Americans have abandoned Mr. Trudeau.
- Instead of raising the alarm, it expressed concerns and urged India to cooperate with the Canadian investigation.
- India may have underestimated the strength of Western solidarity.
Rosebank is one of Britain's largest known and untapped oil and gas fields ...
Drilling in the North Sea
Quick Glance: Regulator Approves Rosebank Oil Field
- Equinor and Ithaca Energy granted development and production consents
- Rosebank is the UK's largest untapped oil field with an estimated 500 million barrels of oil
- Delayed decision on development now accepted
- Rosebank could account for 8% of the UK's total oil production from 2026
Quick Glance: Illegal Migration: Challenge for Home Secretary Suella Braverman
- Call for reform of international asylum system
- UN Refugee Convention outdated in today's world
- Need for a revised global asylum framework
- Finding a balance between national rights and human rights
The WHO wants to negotiate an international pandemic agreement, but there is ...
Quick Glance: Karlsruhe rejects complaint on pandemic treaty
- Resistance to Germany's potential approval of international pandemic agreement
- Constitutional complaint against possible approval fails
- Federal Constitutional Court refuses to consider the complaint
- Complaint against future approval of pandemic treaty filed in Karlsruhe in June
Elon Musk's X, formerly called Twitter, disabled a feature that let users report ...
Quick Glance: X disables feature for reporting electoral misinformation - researcher
- X removed the 'politics' category from its drop-down menu, except in the European Union.
- Users can still report posts on X globally for violence or hate speech.
- Removing a way to report political misinformation may limit intervention to combat falsehoods about electoral integrity.
- Reset.Tech Australia warned that content violating X's policy on electoral misinformation may remain online without proper review.
Quick Glance: Thousands of Armenians Flee Nagorno-Karabakh
- Over 28,000 Armenians leave Karabakh
- Roads out of the enclave overwhelmed
- Death toll rises after fuel depot fire
- US urges Azerbaijan to allow observers and aid
🔊 UPDATE: Russia’s Black Sea commander appeared on video a day after Ukraine said it killed him. For more go to Reuters World News daily podcast reut.rs/3LEABJT
Quick Glance: USA's Diplomatic Situation in Niger & UNGA Wrap-up
- Follow on Apple, Google or Spotify.
- Listen through the Reuters app.
- UN General Assembly concludes with successful diplomacy.
- The United States manages a delicate balance amidst France's troop withdrawal from Niger.
Quick Glance: Lawrow accuses the West of direct confrontation with Russia
- Russian Foreign Minister Lawrow strongly criticizes the West again.
- Allies of Ukraine are directly fighting with Russia through financial aid and weapons supplies.
- Kremlin claims the West is a threat to Russia and supports Ukraine in a war against Moscow.
- Russia has no interest in a major war, Lawrow emphasizes.
Kabataan Representative Raoul Manuel on Tuesday, September 26, questioned the travel spending of the jet-setting President Ferdinand Marcos Jr ... Show more
Quick Glance: Youth lawmaker: No payment for Marcos' 'revenge travels'
- The government under Marcos has spent over P480 million for travels as of September 2023.
- Kabataan Representative Raoul Manuel questioned the travel expenses of President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. and the 'return on investment' for these trips borne by Filipino taxpayers.
- He specifically highlighted Marcos' two trips to Singapore as president - in October 2022 and September 2023 - primarily for the F1 race.
- Filipinos should not bear the cost of revenge travels by our top officials, according to Manuel.
Concerns mount over human rights violations in Amhara region: US tells Ethiopia: The United States is worried about the situation in the region of Amhara ...
Quick Glance: Biden recognizes two Pacific nations to counter China
- President Joe Biden officially recognizes the Pacific nations of Cook Islands and Niue to counter China's influence.
- The recognition of the two nations aims to maintain a "free and open Indo-Pacific region".
- The deals to recognize the two nations will also combat illegal fishing, address climate change in a vulnerable region, and boost economic growth.
- The Cook Islands and Niue together form a sprawling economic zone in the South Pacific.
Recommended for you