It would be an “upgrade” from Trump, the Utah senator said.
Quick Glance: Romney Prefers Any Democrat Over Trump in 2024
- Republican Senator Mitt Romney signaled that almost any candidate in the 2024 field, regardless of party, would be an 'upgrade' over another term for former President Trump.
- Romney stated that he would be happy to support and vote for almost any Republican, as well as for some Democrats.
- After Romney announced that he will not seek reelection, this sparked a wave of gloating insults from Trump and his allies.
Quick Glance: Mitt Romney Would Vote for Democrat Over Trump
- Romney says he would support almost any Republican, except Vivek Ramaswamy.
- He prefers another candidate over Trump and Biden.
- Romney rejects Ramaswamy and Trump as candidates.
- He criticizes the Republican Party as populist.
Quick Glance: Jimmy Carter Faces Life Alone After Rosalynn's Passing
- Rosalynn Carter, aged 90, underwent major surgery in Atlanta.
- The surgeon warned Jimmy Carter about the dangers of the operation due to Rosalynn's advanced age.
- After learning of Rosalynn's survival, Jimmy made the decision to retire and spend time with her.
- This marked the moment when he truly retired from executive meetings at the Carter Center.
Quick Glance: The Final Moments of Rosalynn Carter's Life
- Rosalynn Carter's health declined as Jimmy Carter sat by her side.
- Jimmy Carter expressed his love and gratitude to his wife.
- He was seen praying.
- Jimmy Carter now lies beside his wife in the hospital bed, allowing them to see and talk to each other.
Quick Glance: Senate Passes Legislation to Prevent Government Shutdown
- The Senate approved a bill on Wednesday to extend funding for federal agencies and sent the legislation to prevent a government shutdown to President Biden, just days before the weekend deadline.
- The bill, passed by a vote of 87-11, signifies a significant de-escalation between congressional Democrats and the new House Speaker, Mike Johnson (R-La.).
- Without the new spending measure, referred to as a continuing resolution or CR, the government would have closed shortly after midnight on Saturday, compelling federal employees - including military personnel and airport security officers - to work without pay or go on furlough on the eve of Thanksgiving.
- These concessions were sufficient to secure easy bipartisan support in the Senate, which is much less concerned with spending debates.
Quick Glance: Dean Phillips Opts Out of Congressional Reelection in 2024: 'Time for a New Generation'
- Democrat Dean Phillips is challenging President Joe Biden in the 2024 primary and is heeding his own advice to pass the torch.
- The 54-year-old Phillips will not seek reelection to the U.S. House and is opening up his congressional seat.
- Phillips is urging Biden to also forgo seeking reelection as both parties vie for control of Congress.
- As one of about a dozen lawmakers not seeking reelection next year, Phillips becomes part of the contest for congressional control.
Quick Glance: Manchin's Potential Presidential Candidacy
- Senator Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) is considering a presidential run, shortly after stating he would not seek re-election to the Senate.
- In an interview, Manchin emphasized that every capable American should have the opportunity to run for president to help save the country.
- He expressed significant concerns about another term for former President Trump and also about President Biden being pushed too far to the left.
- Manchin has been mentioned as a possible 2024 presidential candidate alongside the group No Labels, advocating for a third-party ticket.
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!