Quick Glance: Arrest Made in 1996 Tupac Shakur Murder
- Breaking news photo
- Tupac Shakur, the hip-hop legend, was shot four times in a drive-by shooting in Las Vegas in 1996.
- This news is constantly updated and more details will be released soon.
Jessica Baker was a passenger on the coach that struck a reservation on the motorway in the Wirral.
Quick Glance: Fatal Accident: Identification of Teenage Victim
- Jessica Baker was a passenger on the bus that collided with a barrier on the motorway.
- The bus driver, whose name has not been disclosed, was also killed.
- A total of 58 individuals were involved in the incident, including a 14-year-old boy receiving treatment in the hospital for life-changing injuries.
- According to a police statement, Jessica Baker tragically lost her life as a result of the collision on the M53 northbound carriageway.
Quick Glance: Baltimore Archdiocese declares bankruptcy in response to abuse lawsuits
- Decades of alleged sexual abuse by priests in Maryland detailed in report
- The Archdiocese of Baltimore has filed for bankruptcy to seek a settlement for abuse claims
- The bankruptcy filing will help compensate victims and maintain operations
- Sex abuse lawsuits have already led several other Catholic dioceses into bankruptcy
Eleven dead in one month: In Sweden, violence between criminal gangs is ...
Wave of violence
Quick Glance: Swedish Prime Minister to Deploy Military Against Gang Crime
- Violence between criminal gangs escalates in Sweden with eleven deaths in a month
- Prime Minister Ulf Kristersson resorts to drastic measures
- Military to be called upon for assistance following recent clashes between rival gangs
- Wave of violence centered around the Foxtrot network: connections to fatal incidents
Quick Glance: Resignation of Transnet CEO Portia Derby
- On Friday, Derby submitted her resignation to the Transnet board.
- Mounting pressure for Derby and Transnet Freight Rail (TFR) CEO Sizakele Mzimela to resign from industry bodies.
- Minerals Council South Africa calls for replacement of Derby and Mzimela to prevent negative impact on the mining industry.
- Transnet has not responded to questions from TimesLIVE so far.
Quick Glance: Judge Ends Conservatorship of Ex-NFL Player Michael Oher and Memphis Couple
- Former Titans Offensive Tackle Oher stands for the National Anthem.
- Oher signed the agreement at 18 while living with the couple as he was being recruited by colleges as a talented high school football player.
- Gomes expressed shock over the approval of such an agreement.
- Oher and Tuohys listened in via video conference call but did not speak.
BREAKING: A teenager who killed four students at Michigan’s Oxford High School will be sentenced to life in prison with no chance for parole, a judge said. Show more
Quick Glance: Beijing confirms 'closed loop' for Winter Olympics
- Participants in the 2022 Winter Games will be strictly isolated and may face expulsion for violating COVID-19 restrictions.
- Participants must remain in a 'closed loop' for training, competition, transportation, dining, and accommodation.
- All participants must be fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to departure to China.
- Epidemic prevention and control poses the biggest challenge for hosting the Winter Olympics.
Quick Glance: US General Milley Criticizes Trump Upon Retirement
- US General Mark Milley retires after a four-year tenure.
- Milley emphasizes that US troops take an oath to the Constitution and not to a 'wannabe dictator'.
- Milley made the statement during a ceremony at Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall near Washington.
- Milley handed over command to General Charles Q. Austin.
Many municipalities no longer know where to accommodate refugees. District Administrator Sailer says: "We're at the end." If necessary ... Show more
Quick Glance: Interview: Landrat Sailer on the Refugee Crisis
- Communities unsure where to accommodate refugees.
- Government plans to cut refugee aid.
- Financial support for states and communities to be more than halved.
- Underallgäu District Administrator Eder writes letter to Chancellor Scholz.
Quick Glance: Judge denies 'fake electors' attempts to move cases to federal court
- Judge denies 'fake electors' attempts to move cases to federal court.
- Judge Jones denies defendants' requests to move their cases.
- Judge Jones rules that 'fake electors' were not federal officials.
- Judge denies defendants' argument of acting under the direction of other federal officers.
In Plauen, Saxony, a 79-year-old runs one of the largest swingers clubs in ...
Sex adventures in old age
Quick Glance: Exciting Sexual Adventures in Old Age: Doctor Sends Patient to Swinger Club
- A 79-year-old operates one of Saxony's largest swinger clubs in Plauen.
- The patient's doctor recommends more adrenaline.
- The swinger club features a prison, a tipi, and a Titanic room.
Quick Glance: Pakistan: Over 50 killed, dozens injured in Mastung blast
- Explosion occurred near a mosque in the southwestern province of Balochistan during the celebration of the birth of the Prophet Muhammad.
- Number of casualties unknown at the mosque in Hangu near Peshawar, as people could be trapped under collapsed roof.
- Footage shows injured being rescued in Mastung by emergency responders and locals.
- Balochistan's police chief confirms suicide blast.
The military will provide help with analysis, logistics and explosives handling, the PM says.
Quick Glance: Swedish PM convenes army and police chiefs to address gang violence
- Sweden's prime minister has called for a meeting with the head of the armed forces and the police commissioner to tackle the increase in gang-related violence.
- At least 11 individuals have been victims of the violence in September.
- The opposition Social Democrats are advocating for a change in the law to allow military assistance in combating gang violence.
- The police estimate that approximately 30,000 people in Sweden are directly linked to gang crime.
Quick Glance: Netflix Stops Sending DVDs
- Netflix launched as a DVD mailing service 25 years ago
- Less than 1 million subscribers still use the DVD service
- Customers are allowed to keep their DVDs
- Netflix has become the leading streaming service
Quick Glance: PCB clarifies controversy after Zaka Ashraf's controversial remark on India
- PCB issues statement following Ashraf's controversial remark on India
- Fans gather at Hyderabad airport to welcome Pakistan players in India
- PCB chairman Ashraf indirectly refers to India as 'enemy nation'
- PCB announces salary increase for players after arrival in India
Quick Glance: Sycamore Gap: Teenager arrested for felling Hadrian's Wall tree
- Tree felled at Sycamore Gap
- 16-year-old arrested for criminal damage
- Tree featured in Kevin Costner's film Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- National Trust shocked and saddened by loss of tree
Quick Glance: Fatal Shootings Shake Rotterdam
- Images show medical personnel and armed forces at Rotterdam Medical Centre
- Photos capture medical personnel fleeing from Erasmus Medical Centre - where one of the shootings occurred - while armed forces secure the building
- A 32-year-old resident was apprehended at Erasmus Medical Center in Rotterdam, suspected of involvement in both shooting incidents
- Gunfire erupts in residential building and medical center - police
Quick Glance: Trump fails to delay New York civil fraud trial
- Trump and his adult children will be called as witnesses.
- Judge Engoron ruled that Trump is liable for business fraud.
- The Trump Organization is accused of inflating the value of their properties.
- Trump's legal team attempted to delay the case.
Quick Glance: X to Achieve Profitability Next Year, CEO States
- CEO Linda Yaccarino stated on Wednesday that X, formerly known as Twitter, is expected to become profitable by early 2024.
- Yaccarino, who took over the company from billionaire owner Elon Musk in June, announced at Vox Media's annual Code Conference that the social media company is close to breaking even.
- Since Musk acquired the social media company last fall and implemented a series of controversial changes, the platform has faced challenges in retaining advertisers.
- Musk mentioned in a recent post on X that the company's U.S. advertising revenue is still down by 60 percent, although he did not specify the timeframe.
Quick Glance: Putin meets South Sudan's leader to strengthen ties
- Russia's President Putin and South Sudan's President Kiir strengthened their relationship during a meeting in Moscow.
- Both parties agreed to expand their relationship in the areas of energy, trade, and notably, oil.
- South Sudan aims to have arms embargoes removed.
- Putin assured South Sudan of assistance in handling its domestic political situation and ensuring security.
A 17-year-old boy is charged after Elianne Andam, 15, was stabbed to death in south London.
Quick Glance: 17-year-old boy charged with schoolgirl's murder in Croydon
- A 17-year-old boy has been charged in connection with the murder of Elianne Andam, a schoolgirl who was fatally stabbed in Croydon, south London.
- The teenager is scheduled to appear in court on Friday in relation to the death of the 15-year-old, who sustained a neck injury while on her way to school on Wednesday morning.
- The teenage suspect, who is also facing charges of knife possession, will make an appearance at the youth court held at Croydon Magistrates’ Court.
The government in Rome accuses German organizations of promoting ...
Escape across the Mediterranean
Quick Glance: Elon Musk criticizes German politics
- Criticism of German support for Mediterranean sea rescue
- Criticism of German migration policy
- Criticism of German ships bringing refugees to Italy
- Increasing comments on political issues
His remarks come in the wake of Canada's detriorating diplomatic relations with India.
Quick Glance: Air India Flight 182: 1985 Bombing Resurfaces Amid Canada Conflict
- In 1985, an Air India flight exploded off the Irish coast, killing all 329 people on board.
- Arrests made and public inquiry established in response to outrage from victims' families.
- Families of the victims felt neglected and left out after the bombing.
Quick Glance: Fresno in California Bans Caste Discrimination, Second US City to Do So
- Fresno in California becomes the second US city to ban caste discrimination
- Seattle was the first US city to outlaw caste discrimination, followed by Fresno
- Toronto's school board became the first in Canada to recognize caste discrimination in schools
- If signed into law, California would be the first US state to ban caste discrimination
Recommended for you