Quick Glance: Carolina Panthers Turmoil: Owner Fires Coach Again
- Carolina Panthers team owner David Tepper has once again fired the team's coach.
- Following Carolina's 17-10 loss to Tennessee on Sunday, dropping to an NFL-worst 1-10 record, Tepper dismissed head coach Frank Reich.
- Panthers special teams coordinator Chris Tabor will serve as the interim head coach for the remaining six games of the season.
- Having had six head coaches (including interims) since purchasing the team in 2018, Tepper is evidently impatient and incapable of hiring good football coaches.
Quick Glance: Prominent Guests to Attend Rosalynn Carter's Memorial Service
- Former President Jimmy Carter plans to attend the memorial service for his late wife, Rosalynn Carter, in Atlanta.
- All living former First Ladies, including Jill Biden, Hillary Clinton, Laura Bush, Michelle Obama, and Melania Trump, are also expected to attend.
- President Donald Trump is not expected to attend the service.
- Rosalynn Carter passed away peacefully at her home in Plains, Georgia, at the age of 96 after being moved to home hospice care.
Quick Glance: Christie's Accountability for Islamophobia and Antisemitism Rise
- Chris Christie attributes part of the rise in antisemitism and Islamophobia across the country to Donald Trump.
- Christie recently visited Israel.
- The Post reached out to the Trump campaign for a comment.
- Despite his current third place, Christie remains optimistic about his chances, drawing parallels to the late Sen. John McCain's position in 2008.
Quick Glance: Paris Mayor Condemns X as 'Global Sewer'
- Elon Musk attends AI Safety Summit at Bletchley Park.
- The mayor of Paris announces resignation from X, formerly Twitter, calling it a 'gigantic global sewer' that undermines democracy and peaceful debate.
- Anne Hidalgo criticizes Twitter for contributing to the destruction of democracies and dominating public debate with irrelevant facts.
- She condemns 'its owner' for intentionally exacerbating tensions and conflicts and describes life on Twitter as the opposite of democratic.
Quick Glance: Elon Musk's Visit to Israel Amid Antisemitism Controversy on X
- Musk visits Israel to meet top leaders despite antisemitism accusations on X.
- He toured a kibbutz attacked by Hamas militants and met the Israeli Prime Minister.
- Musk expressed concern over images of the attack and planned meetings with Israeli leaders.
- Netanyahu hopes Musk can find ways to combat antisemitism within the limits of the First Amendment.
Quick Glance: Biden Criticizes Trump and GOP
- The president criticized Republicans and former President Trump for actions that could jeopardize the supply chain, including undoing his achievements and seeking to replace ObamaCare.
- The president announced 30 actions to improve access to medicine and economic data.
- The council is to strengthen the supply chain during the 2023 holiday season, following significant issues during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Biden referenced a Truth Social post from Trump in the meeting, in which the former president revived calls to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act if he wins the 2024 election.
Quick Glance: Judge: Tesla, Musk Aware of Autopilot Defect
- Florida judge found 'reasonable evidence' that Tesla CEO Elon Musk and other managers knew about the automaker's defective Autopilot system and still allowed unsafe driving.
- Plaintiff in lawsuit over fatal crash allowed to proceed to trial and bring punitive damages claims against Tesla for intentional misconduct and gross negligence.
- Setback for Tesla after winning product liability trials in California earlier this year over Autopilot driver assistant system.
- Evidence found that Tesla engaged in marketing strategy painting products as autonomous, and Musk's public statements had significant effect on belief about product capabilities.
Quick Glance: Mitt Romney Would Vote for Democrat Over Trump
- Romney says he would support almost any Republican, except Vivek Ramaswamy.
- He prefers another candidate over Trump and Biden.
- Romney rejects Ramaswamy and Trump as candidates.
- He criticizes the Republican Party as populist.
Quick Glance: Expert Predictions: Who Will Win the Chiefs-Raiders Game in Las Vegas?
- Both broadcasters for the Chiefs-Raiders game have ties to Kansas City.
- CBS Sports has assigned Kevin Harlan and Trent Green to cover the game.
- The Chiefs are predicted to win 30-14 according to Vinnie Iyer of Sporting News.
- Five writers at NFL.com have selected the Chiefs to win.
Quick Glance: Trump's Deliberate Mix-Up: Biden and Obama
- Donald Trump claims to intentionally confuse Joe Biden and Barack Obama to suggest potential outside influence on the government.
- His confusions are a prominent attack point for Ron DeSantis, who claims that Trump is not the same candidate he was in 2016.
- Polls show a higher share of voters believe Trump has the stamina and sharpness for the presidency compared to Biden.
- Campaigns from DeSantis and Biden use Trump's errors to highlight and promote them on social media.
It would be an “upgrade” from Trump, the Utah senator said.
Quick Glance: Romney Prefers Any Democrat Over Trump in 2024
- Republican Senator Mitt Romney signaled that almost any candidate in the 2024 field, regardless of party, would be an 'upgrade' over another term for former President Trump.
- Romney stated that he would be happy to support and vote for almost any Republican, as well as for some Democrats.
- After Romney announced that he will not seek reelection, this sparked a wave of gloating insults from Trump and his allies.
Quick Glance: Trump's Impact at USC-Clemson Appearance
- First South Carolina appearance since campaign visit
- Campaign video shows enthusiastic fan reaction to Trump
- First time as Gamecocks' guest, previously attended Clemson game
- Visited Iowa-Iowa State game and scheduled town hall in Bluffton
Quick Glance: Rep. Santos Expects Congress Expulsion
- Rep. George Santos anticipates expulsion from Congress following a House Ethics Committee report.
- Santos defiantly stated he won't resign, but acknowledged his time as a member may soon end.
- House Ethics Committee Chair Michael Guest introduced a resolution to expel Santos after Thanksgiving break.
- Many colleagues who previously opposed expulsion now support it, citing the committee's investigation into alleged misconduct by Santos.
Qatari officials, who helped negotiate the initial deal, said Israel and Hamas had agreed to ...
Israel and Hamas Agree to Extend Truce, Qatar Says
Quick Glance: Israel Gaza: Release of 33 Palestinians
- Release of 33 individuals, totaling 150 Palestinians since Friday.
- Hamas releases 51 Israeli hostages, including three-year-old twin sisters.
- Little information released about the latest group of freed Palestinians.
- A bus carrying the newly released Palestinian prisoners has arrived in Ramallah.
Quick Glance: Sam Altman: The Indispensable
- Altman brought ChatGPT to the world.
- His ability to win people over is remarkable.
- Colleagues at Open AI did not take it lying down.
- In the end, Altman was supposed to emerge as the shining victor of the saga.
Quick Glance: LeBron James Makes NBA History with 39,000 Career Points
- LeBron James has been setting records throughout his 21-year NBA career.
- He reached 39,000 career points, becoming the first player in NBA history to achieve this milestone.
- Based on his current scoring average, he is expected to reach 40,000 points in approximately 38 more games.
- Each milestone James reaches will make his record harder and harder to catch.
Quick Glance: UAE's Oil Deals Agenda at COP28 Climate Talks
- Dr. Sultan al-Jaber leads the climate summit and the UAE's state oil company
- Hosts of the COP28 summit were expected to act without bias or self-interest
- The UAE team utilized COP28 meetings for business talks and emphasized the confidentiality of 'private meetings'
- The UAE declined to discuss the meeting contents, focusing on 'meaningful climate action'
Quick Glance: Dean Phillips Opts Out of Congressional Reelection in 2024: 'Time for a New Generation'
- Democrat Dean Phillips is challenging President Joe Biden in the 2024 primary and is heeding his own advice to pass the torch.
- The 54-year-old Phillips will not seek reelection to the U.S. House and is opening up his congressional seat.
- Phillips is urging Biden to also forgo seeking reelection as both parties vie for control of Congress.
- As one of about a dozen lawmakers not seeking reelection next year, Phillips becomes part of the contest for congressional control.
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!