Quick Glance: Arrest Made in 1996 Tupac Shakur Murder
- Breaking news photo
- Tupac Shakur, the hip-hop legend, was shot four times in a drive-by shooting in Las Vegas in 1996.
- This news is constantly updated and more details will be released soon.
Quick Glance: Chief Embarrassment Officer of X (Formerly Twitter)
- Linda Yaccarino continues to be humiliated on behalf of Elon Musk.
- Yaccarino struggles to address concerns about ad placement next to bigoted posts.
- Yaccarino is not taken seriously by many - not Musk, not his fans, not X's remaining users.
- It has never been easy for women in business, especially in the misogynistic world of Silicon Valley.
Quick Glance: Alligator Denied Access to Baseball Match
- Wally the Alligator currently in custody
- Animal assistance common at sports events
- Wally serving as emotional support alligator
- Wally denied entry to baseball venue
Quick Glance: Dianne Feinstein, California Senator and Pioneer of Liberal Priorities, Dies at 90
- California Senator Dianne Feinstein, a moderate Democrat and advocate for liberal causes, has passed away at the age of 90.
- Feinstein was a trailblazer and champion in local and national politics.
- President Joe Biden described her as a pioneering American and a cherished friend.
- Feinstein's bipartisan efforts led to legislative wins throughout her career.
Quick Glance: Sycamore Gap: Teenager arrested for felling Hadrian's Wall tree
- Tree felled at Sycamore Gap
- 16-year-old arrested for criminal damage
- Tree featured in Kevin Costner's film Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- National Trust shocked and saddened by loss of tree
Quick Glance: Importing a Solution to Nursing Shortages: Impact on Rich and Poor Countries
- An international bidding war for healthcare workers has led to opportunities for some nurses and exploitation for others, while leaving poorer health systems struggling.
- AMN Healthcare, a Dallas-based staffing agency and one of America's largest international recruiters, has seen a 300% increase in the number of foreign nurses placed in US hospitals since the start of the pandemic.
- Sinead Carbery, President of International Staffing at AMN Healthcare, explains the value of international nurses: they have an average of 12 years of nursing experience.
- International nurses are often assigned to bedside positions, according to Aure and Carbery.
Quick Glance: Michigan Football Cancels Historic Ohio State Game, Harbaugh's Future in Spotlight
- Due to a COVID-19 outbreak, the Michigan vs. Ohio State game is canceled after 103 years.
- Coach Jim Harbaugh and AD Warde Manuel face questions about Harbaugh's long-term future.
- Prospective recruits are concerned about Harbaugh's leadership.
- A decision on Harbaugh's retention should be made before potential replacements are hired.
Quick Glance: Crucial Moments Secure Collingwood an Epic Grand Final Win
- Collingwood prevails over Brisbane by four points in an epic grand final.
- These were the most significant moments of the game and will be remembered by all who witnessed it.
- Zac Bailey of the Brisbane Lions lit up the MCG with a brilliant snap from the left pocket, evading Collingwood defender Nathan Murphy.
- On the grand stage, young Magpie Hill flew high onto the shoulders of Lions defender Brandon Starcevich, juggling the mark and nailing his third goal for the day. It was his first goal in his fifth grand final and 383rd game.
Quick Glance: The 'Taylor Swift Effect' Boosts Football Spending
- The connection between Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce has fans excited for the Kansas City Chiefs vs New York Jets game.
- Swift's appearance in Kansas City has led to a surge in Jets ticket sales.
- Official NFL e-commerce partner Fanatics saw a nearly 400% increase in sales of Travis Kelce jerseys.
Quick Glance: North Texas federal employees prepare for upcoming government shutdown
- Federal employees in North Texas seeking assistance from local food banks and community centers.
- A shutdown is unnecessary and avoidable, hopefully it doesn't happen.
- Sen. Patty Murray blocked the proposal but argued for continued pay for all federal workers.
- Ted Cruz would pause his paychecks in the event of a shutdown.
Quick Glance: BYU dominates Cincinnati in second half for first Big 12 win
- BYU's offense comes to life in the second half, defeating Cincinnati 35-27.
- The Cougars score touchdowns on four of six drives, building a two-score lead in the fourth quarter.
- Cincinnati controls the first half and leads 10-7 after a late field goal.
- BYU's offense struggles until late in the first half, with only two passing yards.
Experts are optimistic of detecting life signs on a faraway world within our ...
Alien life in Universe
Quick Glance: Is Discovering Alien Life in the Universe Near at Hand?
- Astronomers are now certain that there is life elsewhere in the Universe.
- NASA's James Webb Space Telescope (JWST) recently found promising indications of life on a planet outside our Solar System - and it has many more worlds to explore.
- Even if no signs of life are detected on K2-18b, the team has 10 more Goldilocks planets on their list to investigate.
- The most probable location for life is one of Jupiter's icy moons, Europa.
The guard, traded to Milwaukee on Wednesday, thanked the Blazers fans ...
Damian Lillard writes long, heartfelt letter to Rip City
Quick Glance: Trail Blazers trade Damian Lillard to the Milwaukee Bucks in unexpected move
- The Portland Trail Blazers traded Damian Lillard to the Milwaukee Bucks, causing a stir not only in the NBA but also in the sports world.
- The Bucks acquired Lillard, while Portland received Jrue Holiday, Deandre Ayton, Toumani Camara, an unprotected first-round Bucks pick in 2029, and an unprotected Bucks pick swap in 2028.
- The surprise is not that Lillard was traded - that was expected.
- The shock is that Lillard is going to Milwaukee, not the Miami Heat.
Former Arizona Cardinal receiver Larry Fitzgerald now a member of Pitt Hall of Fame
Quick Glance: Crawford leads Mariners to victory over Rangers, keeping playoff hopes alive
- Mariners win against Rangers, staying in the playoff race
- Crawford identified as potential captain of the Mariners
- Rangers have lead in AL West ahead of Houston and Seattle
- Crawford receives standing ovation after hitting a home run
Quick Glance: New York paralyzed by heavy rainfall
- Fifteen centimeters of rain fell on Manhattan on Friday, overwhelming the city's evacuation capacities and bringing most transportation to a standstill.
- Nevertheless, it demonstrated that New York - after experiencing its wettest September in over a century - was ill-prepared for torrential flooding in times of global climate change.
- The streets were flooded, cars submerged, expressways blocked, and the subway paralyzed.
- "The sad reality is our climate is changing faster than our infrastructure can respond," said Rohit Aggarwala, head of the city's Department of Environmental Protection, to the New York Times.
Quick Glance: Apple Investigates iPhone 15 Heat Issue
- YouTubers and bloggers subject new Apple smartphones to various stress situations.
- Korean YouTuber demonstrates temperatures of up to 46.7 degrees Celsius on the backs of iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro.
- Results show iPhone reaching 43 degrees Celsius, while Xiaomi heats up to almost 48 degrees Celsius.
- Apple has not yet responded to the reports.
Quick Glance: US General Milley Criticizes Trump Upon Retirement
- US General Mark Milley retires after a four-year tenure.
- Milley emphasizes that US troops take an oath to the Constitution and not to a 'wannabe dictator'.
- Milley made the statement during a ceremony at Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall near Washington.
- Milley handed over command to General Charles Q. Austin.
Quick Glance: U2 wows at Las Vegas Sphere premiere
- Innovative Las Vegas Sphere celebrates U2 debut
- U2 impresses with spectacular show in Las Vegas
- Stars come out for U2's Las Vegas Sphere premiere
- Las Vegas Sphere offers unique experience for U2 fans
Quick Glance: Judge Ends Conservatorship of Ex-NFL Player Michael Oher and Memphis Couple
- Former Titans Offensive Tackle Oher stands for the National Anthem.
- Oher signed the agreement at 18 while living with the couple as he was being recruited by colleges as a talented high school football player.
- Gomes expressed shock over the approval of such an agreement.
- Oher and Tuohys listened in via video conference call but did not speak.
Now the Chancellor has also spoken out: Olaf ...
Scholz criticizes dentists' statement
Quick Glance: Scholz criticizes Merz: Statements about refugees not legally accurate
- Scholz criticizes Merz for statements about refugees
- Scholz open to allowing more asylum seekers to work in Germany
- Scholz has no objection to giving vouchers to asylum seekers
FC Barcelona icon Lionel Messi has decided to leave Inter Miami in 2025 according to El Nacional. Furthermore, the Argentine has already chosen his next ... Show more
Quick Glance: Lionel Messi to Leave Inter Miami After Short Period
- Messi plans to stay at the club until 2025
- According to El Nacional, the 37-year-old will join boyhood club Newell's Old Boys when his current contract expires
- Messi has adapted well to life in America and his on-field performances reflect his satisfaction
- Lionel Messi is highly respected at Newell's Old Boys and could make a return to his hometown club
The “green economy” will be short of seven million skilled workers in just a ...
Quick Glance: Skills Shortage Threatens Climate Goals
- New study reveals global skills shortage
- Lack of skilled workers for greener economy
- Study: 7 million skilled workers needed by 2030
- 40% of workforce requires minimal upskilling
The government in Rome accuses German organizations of promoting ...
Escape across the Mediterranean
Quick Glance: Elon Musk criticizes German politics
- Criticism of German support for Mediterranean sea rescue
- Criticism of German migration policy
- Criticism of German ships bringing refugees to Italy
- Increasing comments on political issues
The Baltimore Orioles completed one of the greatest turnarounds in ...
'It's worth it'
Quick Glance: Orioles secure 30-year lease agreement for Camden Yards through in-game announcement
- The Orioles announced on Thursday night on the video board at Oriole Park that the team and Maryland Stadium Authority have reached a new 30-year lease agreement to keep the team in Baltimore.
- After the announcement, a jubilant Moore was seen in the Camden Yards concourse hugging people and affirming that the lease was for 30 years.
- The approval of the Maryland Stadium Authority board and the Board of Public Works is required.
- As part of their pursuit of a lease agreement, Angelos sought commercial development rights to state-owned parking lots B and C, which are situated on valuable land between Oriole Park at Camden Yards and the Ravens’ M&T Bank Stadium.
Quick Glance: Sam Bankman-Fried's Parents Influence FTX's Fall and Their Son's Trial
- As lawyers negotiated Bankman-Fried's exit from FTX, Bankman was in the Bahamas, where FTX was headquartered, appearing on video calls with his son.
- Prosecutors said that Bankman-Fried's legal team suggested to them in an August letter to the court that Bankman-Fried may have relied on his parents' legal advice.
- Lawyers for Bankman and Fried stated, 'This is a dangerous attempt to intimidate Joe and Barbara and undermine the jury process just days before their child's trial begins.'
- Joe Bankman said he was involved from early on.
His remarks come in the wake of Canada's detriorating diplomatic relations with India.
Quick Glance: Air India Flight 182: 1985 Bombing Resurfaces Amid Canada Conflict
- In 1985, an Air India flight exploded off the Irish coast, killing all 329 people on board.
- Arrests made and public inquiry established in response to outrage from victims' families.
- Families of the victims felt neglected and left out after the bombing.
Quick Glance: Bryce Harper's Outburst at Ángel Hernández After Controversial Check-Swing Call
- Phillies outfielder Bryce Harper was ejected on Thursday after arguing with third base umpire Ángel Hernández over his decision to rule him out on strikes on an attempted check swing.
- Hernández, however, believed that Harper completed the swing and called the 30-year-old out on strikes.
- An angry Harper then charged towards third base and berated the umpire.
- While walking to the dugout after his ejection, Harper threw his helmet into the crowd, generating a loud cheer from the fans at Citizens Bank Park.
Quick Glance: Free upgrade to Windows 10 no longer available
- The path to obtain the free upgrade from Windows 7/8 has been removed.
- Upgrades from Windows 10 to Windows 11 are still free.
- Microsoft offered free upgrades from Windows 7/8 to Windows 10 for a year.
- Users could upgrade their older PCs to Windows 10, but this loophole has now been closed.
Quick Glance: Republicans initiate Biden impeachment inquiry over son's business dealings
- Republicans hold first hearing on impeachment inquiry, revealing foreign payments to Biden family members but no evidence of personal benefit to the president.
- Hearing reviews Republican evidence of Hunter Biden's foreign business ventures, alleging that Biden's family sold access.
- Biden accused of lying about family's business dealings and failing to separate them from his official duties.
- Republicans claim Biden and his family profited from policies pursued during Obama administration.
Quick Glance: Radical Republicans Threaten to Paralyze Washington
- Trump loyalists in Congress have pushed the US federal government to the brink of paralysis.
- A 36-year-old former restaurateur gained notoriety by bringing a gun into Congress to assert her constitutional right to bear arms.
- Along with a dozen or so lesser-known Republicans in the House of Representatives - mostly staunch conservatives with hardline views on immigration and federal spending - these are the people willing to bring America to the brink of another budgetary crisis by halting funding for the government of the world's largest economy.
- The rebels are the modern equivalents of the Tea Party conservatives who caused several budgetary crises under Barack Obama, including a 16-day government shutdown in October 2013.
Quick Glance: Issues with Some USB-C Power Banks and iPhone 15
- Certain USB-C battery packs are not working properly with the iPhone 15, causing charging issues.
- In some cases, the iPhone 15 fails to charge or charges the power bank instead.
- To charge the iPhone, the USB A port must be used.
- Anker will conduct further tests to address the issue with specific power banks.
Former President Trump said late Thursday the Republican ...
Quick Glance: Trump urges RNC to fight election interference and Pennsylvania scam instead of hosting debates
- Trump calls on the RNC to stop hosting debates and focus on combating 'election interference and the Pennsylvania voter registration scam.'
- The debates should be ended as they are detrimental to the Republican Party!
- Trump referred to Chris Christie as a disaster and a Trump-obsessed lunatic.
Quick Glance: Donald Trump held accountable for fraud in New York civil case
- Engoron also ordered the cancellation of certificates that allowed some of Trump's businesses, including the Trump Organization, to operate in New York, and appointed a receiver to manage the businesses' dissolution.
- The judge described how Trump, his adult sons Donald Jr. and Eric, the Trump Organization, and other defendants fabricated valuations and inflated Trump's net worth to meet their business needs.
- Christopher Kise, a lawyer representing Trump, stated, 'Today's scandalous decision is completely detached from the facts and the applicable law.'
- James expressed anticipation in presenting the remaining aspects of her case in court.
Quick Glance: Trump fails to delay New York civil fraud trial
- Trump and his adult children will be called as witnesses.
- Judge Engoron ruled that Trump is liable for business fraud.
- The Trump Organization is accused of inflating the value of their properties.
- Trump's legal team attempted to delay the case.
Quick Glance: California increases minimum wage for fast food workers to $20
- Fast food workers in California will receive a minimum wage of at least $20 per hour starting next year.
- California's minimum wage for all other workers, $15.50 per hour, is already one of the highest in the United States.
- Most fast food workers in California are over 18 and the primary providers for their families.
- The minimum wage increase takes effect on April 1 and applies to workers in restaurants with at least 60 nationwide locations.
Recommended for you