LIVE: Joe Biden, Michelle Obama, Melania Trump and the Clintons join Jimmy Carter at a tribute service in honor of former first lady Rosalynn Carter. nbcnews.to/3GqYXDL
Quick Glance: Jimmy Carter Attends Rosalynn Carter's Memorial Service
- Ailing former President Jimmy Carter attended his late wife's memorial service despite physical limitations.
- President Biden and other former presidents and First Ladies were also in attendance.
- Carter's grandson described him as a moral rock for many, while Rosalynn was a rock for him.
- The 99-year-old former president has been in home hospice care for 10 months and had not been seen in public since September.
Quick Glance: Progress for FDA Approval of Drug to Extend Life of Large Dogs
- A new drug that could extend the lifespan of large dogs and help them age more healthily has taken a major step toward FDA approval.
- On average, larger dogs live for 8 to 12 years, compared to smaller dogs with a lifespan of 10 to 15 years.
- The drug LOY-001 is specifically designed for large and giant breed dogs and is intended to be administered every three to six months.
- FDA approval is based on data showing LOY-001's ability to reduce the growth hormone IGF-1 and its positive impact on the functional outcomes of dogs.
Quick Glance: Hunter Biden Willing to Testify Before Congress
- Lawyer confirms Hunter Biden's willingness to testify publicly before Congress
- Republicans initially request private testimony, but agree to public testimony at a later date
- Hunter Biden's legal team criticizes the investigation and requests a public testimony in December
- No evidence of wrongdoing by President Biden or an impeachable offense
Quick Glance: Flight Powered by Fat and Sugar Crosses Atlantic
- Virgin Atlantic tests sustainable fuel on London to New York flight
- Fuel made from waste fats and plant sugars emits 70% less carbon
- Experts see sustainable fuels as crucial for reducing aviation industry's carbon footprint
- Sustainable Aviation Fuels currently account for about 0.1% of airlines' fuel consumption
Republican presidential candidate Chris Christie said Tuesday that he will not sign a law enacting a ...
Quick Glance: Christie Criticizes 6-Week Abortion Ban
- Christie refuses to sign the 6-week abortion ban
- He believes there is no consensus on a national abortion ban
- Haley's statement supporting the 6-week abortion ban at the state level
- Christie thinks this affects Haley's chances in a general election
Quick Glance: Koch Group Backs Haley's 2024 Presidential Run
- Conservative political network led by Charles Koch endorses Nikki Haley for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination.
- Group prioritizes defeating Donald Trump in the Republican primaries, believing he would lose to President Joe Biden.
- Koch-affiliated Super PAC, Americans for Prosperity Action, will support Haley with campaign funds and thousands of staffers nationwide.
- Internal group polls show Haley in the best position to defeat Trump in the Republican primaries.
Quick Glance: Trump's Request for Disclosure of Covert Investigators
- Trump is demanding the disclosure of all covert investigators within a five-mile radius of the Capitol during the events on January 6.
- According to Donald Trump's lawyers, undercover agents hiding among Trump supporters should have stopped the events on January 6.
- Trump's lawyers are requesting information on undercover agents to demonstrate that it was the security forces, not Trump, who could have stopped the Capitol invasion.
- The presence of undercover agents or informants would indicate a failure of controls and/or covert operations, as argued by Trump's lawyers.
Quick Glance: The Loss of Charlie Munger
- Renowned billionaire Charlie Munger has passed away at the age of 99.
- His death was officially announced by Berkshire Hathaway.
- As vice chairman of Berkshire Hathaway, Munger was a pivotal figure for the company.
- His legacy leaves a lasting impact on the world of investments.
Quick Glance: California Democrat Moves to Force Vote on Santos' Expulsion After Ethics Report
- Garcia forced a vote on Santos' expulsion following the release of the Ethics Committee report.
- The current expulsion effort has the greatest chance of success after several skeptical lawmakers agreed to vote to oust Santos.
- The Ethics Committee found 'substantial evidence of potential violations of federal criminal law' by Santos.
- Efforts to expel Santos began after the long-awaited Ethics report was released.
Mike Pence reportedly spoke with Special Counsel Jack Smith about Donald Trump and the time ...
Quick Glance: Report: Pence's Hesitation to Preside Over Jan. 6 Electoral Count Revealed
- Mike Pence initially did not want to preside over the count of electoral votes on Jan. 6, 2021, amid pressure from Trump to overturn the election results.
- Investigations by special counsel Jack Smith show that Pence left personal notes indicating his initial reluctance to preside over the count of electoral votes.
- Pence told investigators that his loyalty to Trump never wavered at the time.
- Pence was also questioned about his recent memoir, detailing conversations with Trump about certifying the votes, including an investigation into the placement of a comma in one section of the book, which Pence deemed a mistake.
Quick Glance: OU Football Hires Seth Littrell and Joe Jon Finley as Co-Offensive Coordinators, Report Says
- Seth Littrell, former Sooners player and previous offensive analyst under Venables, will serve as co-offensive coordinator alongside OU tight ends coach Joe Jon Finley, according to a report on Tuesday night from Sooner Scoop.
- Littrell will replace Jeff Lebby, who was appointed head coach of Mississippi State after two seasons as OU's offensive coordinator.
- Before joining Venables' staff, Littrell spent seven seasons as head coach of North Texas and had previous stints as offensive coordinator at other universities, including North Carolina, Indiana, and Arizona.
- His coaching career began in 2011 at the high school level before moving to various positions at different universities in the following years, finally joining the OU team in 2021.
Quick Glance: Monica Lewinsky Calls for Ban on Presidential Self-Pardons
- In an op-ed in Vanity Fair, Lewinsky called for six constitutional amendments, including a ban on presidential self-pardons.
- Lewinsky quoted constitutional law professor Neal Katyal, who warned about the potential danger of former President Trump returning to the White House.
- She also advocated for unspecified age limits for elected officials without naming President Biden directly.
- Legal scholars have been discussing the issue of presidential self-pardons for some time.
Quick Glance: Lawsuit Against UC Over Antisemitism Allegations
- Jewish organizations file lawsuit against UC and UC Berkeley, alleging unchecked antisemitism.
- The suit claims that antisemitism has been tolerated at UC Berkeley Law for over a year.
- Nearly two dozen student organizations at UC Berkeley Law are accused of forcing Jewish students to go against their identities to participate in activities.
- The lawsuit argues that UC Berkeley violates antidiscriminatory policies and is hostile towards Zionist students, thus violating the Equal Protection and Free Exercise clauses of the US Constitution and Title VI of the Civil Rights Act.
Quick Glance: Christie's Accountability for Islamophobia and Antisemitism Rise
- Chris Christie attributes part of the rise in antisemitism and Islamophobia across the country to Donald Trump.
- Christie recently visited Israel.
- The Post reached out to the Trump campaign for a comment.
- Despite his current third place, Christie remains optimistic about his chances, drawing parallels to the late Sen. John McCain's position in 2008.
Quick Glance: Tragic Death of Official at Ron DeSantis' Office
- Governor Ron DeSantis appointed Peter Antonacci in 2022 to head a new office to combat election fraud.
- Following a heated meeting, the top election fraud officer collapsed in the governor's office and went unnoticed for 24 minutes before receiving help.
- An in-depth investigation reveals more about the circumstances of Antonacci's death and his prior conflict with some of the state's top officials.
- Despite claims that Antonacci died after an argument, the records do not mention the governor.
Quick Glance: Critics Slam Tommy Tuberville for New U.S. Military Insult
- Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-Ala.) under fire for insulting U.S. military on Monday evening.
- Critics point out that U.S. military weakness is not due to 'wokeness'.
- Tuberville's latest comments about weakened U.S. military faced immediate backlash.
- Tuberville obstructs 300+ military appointments while speaking negatively about our military.
While the Chancellor explains why the unconstitutional budget policy of the “traffic ...
Scholz's government statement on the budget crisis
Quick Glance: Scholz Justifies Expenditure in Government Declaration
- Chancellor justifies additional federal spending in government declaration.
- Scholz emphasizes calm in government declaration at the Bundestag.
- Scholz admits mistakes and emphasizes unpredictability of the situation.
- Opposition criticizes Scholz's budget policy and lack of plan.
Quick Glance: UAE's Oil Deals Agenda at COP28 Climate Talks
- Dr. Sultan al-Jaber leads the climate summit and the UAE's state oil company
- Hosts of the COP28 summit were expected to act without bias or self-interest
- The UAE team utilized COP28 meetings for business talks and emphasized the confidentiality of 'private meetings'
- The UAE declined to discuss the meeting contents, focusing on 'meaningful climate action'
Quick Glance: Romney Prefers Any Democrat Over Trump in 2024
- Republican Senator Mitt Romney signaled that almost any candidate in the 2024 field, regardless of party, would be an 'upgrade' over another term for former President Trump.
- Romney stated that he would be happy to support and vote for almost any Republican, as well as for some Democrats.
- After Romney announced that he will not seek reelection, this sparked a wave of gloating insults from Trump and his allies.
Quick Glance: 2022 Sees Increase in US Life Expectancy
- Newborns in the US gained roughly a year in life expectancy in 2022 compared to 2021, indicating progress after two consecutive years of decline due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Life expectancy at birth for newborns in 2022 was 77.5 years, an increase from 2021, but still lower than the expected 78.8 years for those born in 2019, according to data from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- The biggest increase in life expectancy from 2021 was observed for non-Hispanic American Indians, by 2.3 years, followed by an increase of 2.2 years for Hispanic newborns.
- Previous declines in mortality due to COVID explained more than 80% of the increases in life expectancy in all groups, according to the report.
Quick Glance: Mark Cuban Sells Majority Stake of Dallas Mavericks to Adelson Family
- Cuban retains ownership in the team and will oversee basketball operations.
- Adelson plans to sell $2 billion worth of Las Vegas Sands stock, approximately 10% of her stake.
- The Adelson family holds the largest share in Las Vegas Sands.
- Las Vegas Sands intends to utilize the proceeds from the stock sale for the acquisition of a majority interest in a professional sports franchise.
Quick Glance: iOS 17.1.2 Update for iPhone Expected This Week
- Based on evidence in our website's analytics logs, Apple is expected to release iOS 17.1.2 this week.
- iOS 17.1.2 should mainly focus on bug fixes, but it's unclear which issues will be addressed.
- After some users continued to experience Wi-Fi issues on iOS 17.1.1, iOS 17.1.2 may include the same fix for Wi-Fi connectivity issues that Apple already included in the iOS 17.2 beta.
- The release of iOS 16.1.2 occurred in the week after U.S. Thanksgiving last year, so there is precedent for a bug-fix update being released this week.
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!