As a food company, its activities fall under the purview of the National Agency for ...
Quick Glance: No Evidence of Erisco's Nagiko Tomato Approval on NAFDAC's Website
- Verification conducted on tomato producer's registration and approvals
- Regulator classifies and certifies food as safe
- Renewable approvals issued to food manufacturers
- Expiration of approvals for certain products in 2019 and 2020
Quick Glance: Trump found liable for fraud in New York civil lawsuit
- The court determined that the documents presented here contain fraudulent valuations that the defendants used in their business.
- Attorney General Letitia James filed a lawsuit against Mr. Trump last September, accusing him, his two adult sons, and the Trump Organization of lying about his net worth and asset values between 2011 and 2021.
- Mr. Trump previously denied any wrongdoing and dismissed the New York case as another politically motivated "witch hunt" brought by a biased prosecutor.
- As part of the Tuesday decision, the Trump Organization was instructed to cancel its business licenses in New York and propose independent monitors within 10 days to oversee the process.
Quick Glance: Raid and Ban of Artgemeinschaft: Faeser Informs about Police Action and Border Controls
- Officials conduct raid against group members
- Interior Minister Faeser informs about results of police action and decision for increased border controls
Susanne Daubner bringt auf Sendung gewöhnlich nichts aus der Ruhe. An diesem Morgen kommt der ...
Quick Glance: Sprecherin Daubner's Laughing Fit on ARD Morning Magazine
- Daubner bursts into laughter and can't stop for almost a minute.
- Daubner returns to the moderator team, who welcomes her with a remorseful gesture.
- Possibly, a blocker is preventing this due to your browser settings.
Quick Glance: California governor raises taxes on guns to fund schools
- California will double taxes on guns and use the money for school security and violence prevention programs.
- The new law, signed by Governor Gavin Newsom, adds an additional 11% tax on guns and ammunition.
- California will be the only state with its own tax on guns and ammunition.
- Newsom, known as one of the country's most liberal governors, has often opposed tax increases, even for causes he supports like combating climate change.
Quick Glance: French Ambassador Departs Niger After Withdrawal Announcement
- Sylvain Itte, the French ambassador to Niger, has left the capital Niamey early Wednesday morning, according to the French presidency.
- Niger's military junta had ordered his expulsion soon after seizing power in a coup on July 26.
- France received EU support in refusing to bring back its ambassador.
- The decision sparked daily protests in front of the embassy and rallies across the capital with thousands demanding the withdrawal of French troops.
Quick Glance: Fire claims over 100 lives and injures 150 at Iraq wedding celebration
- A fire that spread through a hall hosting a Christian wedding in northern Iraq claimed the lives of at least 100 people and injured 150 others, authorities reported on Wednesday. The death toll is expected to rise.
- The fire occurred in Iraq's Nineveh province, in the Hamdaniya area, according to authorities.
- This area is predominantly Christian and located just outside the city of Mosul, approximately 335 kilometers (205 miles) northwest of the capital, Baghdad.
- Television footage showed flames engulfing the wedding hall as the fire rapidly spread.
Quick Glance: Bank of America CEO: Fed prevails against inflation for now
- Bank of America Chairman and CEO Brian Moynihan speaks before Senate committee on banking
- The Federal Reserve has emerged victorious in the battle against inflation for now
- Interest rates are expected to remain high for a longer period
- Moynihan was en route to Washington following his remarks in New York
Quick Glance: SEC Chief: New California Law Could Transform SEC Climate Regulation
- A pending California law could impact federal regulators' approach to forthcoming climate regulations.
- SEC Chair Gary Gensler's testimony highlighted the potential for the California law to support the agency's efforts to regulate corporate climate disclosures.
- California Governor Gavin Newsom intends to sign legislation requiring large companies to disclose their carbon footprints.
- The bill addresses the complex issue of measuring and reporting Scope 3 emissions, which are linked to supply chains and end-users.
Quick Glance: 15-year-old schoolgirl fatally stabbed outside Croydon shopping centre
- A young girl was fatally stabbed in south London.
- The incident occurred around 8.30am on Wellesley Road outside the Whitgift shopping centre.
- Police have arrested a teenage boy.
- Chief Superintendent Andy Brittain expressed: 'Our thoughts are with the family of this young girl, who are faced with this tragic news.'
Quick Glance: Flexible border controls announced immediately
- Instead of fixed controls, extended flexible controls will be implemented at the borders with Czech Republic and Poland.
- Up to 500 enforcement officers from the German Customs will support the additional controls.
- The new controls do not require application to the EU Commission.
- Stationary controls have been in place at the border with Austria in Bavaria since autumn 2015.
Quick Glance: Travis King in US Custody after North Korea Expulsion
- US soldier Travis King after crossing border into North Korea
- No trace of Travis King since he left South Korea in July
- 23-year-old reconnaissance specialist illegally entered North Korea in July
- According to North Korean media, he fled due to 'inhuman treatment' and racism within the US military
Quick Glance: Canada's House speaker resigns over inviting a Nazi fighter to Parliament
- Canada's House speaker resigns for inviting an individual who fought for a Nazi military unit during World War II to Parliament to attend a speech by the Ukrainian president.
- After Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy delivered an address in the House of Commons, a standing ovation was given to 98-year-old Yaroslav Hunka when Speaker Anthony Rota highlighted his presence.
- Rota introduced Hunka as a war hero of the First Ukrainian Division.
- Rota stepped down after a meeting with the House of Commons' party leaders.
Quick Glance: Hollywood writers strike ends after guild leaders approve contract
- Hollywood's writers strike is declared over after union board members approve a contract agreement with studios.
- The writers still need to vote on the contract in October, but the strike will be lifted to allow them to work during the voting process.
- The writers were given the details of the contract for the first time after the board votes.
- SAG-AFTRA actors vote to potentially expand their strike to include the video game market.
www.derstandard.at/story/3000000188735/orf-beendet-nach-leak-von-spoe-papier-zusammenarbeit-mit-sora The ORF declared its collaboration with the opinion research institute Sora ended on Wednesday. The day before, a strategy paper that Sora had designed ... Show more
According to a judge, former US President Donald Trump intentionally ...
Case against ex-president
Quick Glance: Trump Faces Fraud Charges: New York Judge Holds Him Accountable
- Former US President Donald Trump suffered a major legal defeat.
- Judge Arthur Engoron ruled that Trump and his company can be held liable for fraud.
- Trump manipulated the value of his Trump Organization for years, committing fraud.
- Trump is accused of inflating his wealth by up to $3.6 billion to obtain loans more easily.
Private solar systems in conjunction with electric car chargers should be ...
Rush of applications
Quick Glance: Rush on Solar Charging System Grants Overloads KfW Portal
- KfW portal overwhelmed after launch of solar charging station grants
- Fast applicants receive money
- State development bank overloaded due to competitive principle
- Fast charging points grow twice as fast as the total stock
Quick Glance: UAW President Criticizes Trump's Loyalty to the 'Billionaire Class' Ahead of Visit
- UAW President Shawn Fain criticizes former President Trump, stating that he serves a 'billionaire class,' one day before Trump's visit to Detroit to speak with union members.
- Fain added, 'He serves a billionaire class, and that's the problem in this country.'
- Fain stated, 'All you have to do is look at his track record.'
- Fain said, 'And the ultimate proof of how much he cares about our workers was in 2019 when he was the president of the United States.'
German Chancellor Olaf Scholz does not consider the current high ...
House purchase comparison in the fact check
Quick Glance: Home Purchase Comparison: Chancellor Scholz Confirms High Interest Rates
- Chancellor Scholz does not consider high interest rates as an obstacle to building a house
- Interest rates in the seventies were significantly higher than today
Breaking: Jacinta Allan will become Victoria’s next premier, running for the leadership unopposed. Ben Carroll will become her deputy.www.theage.com.au/politics/victoria/daniel-andrews-resignation-live-updates-victorian-premier-s-tenure-to-end-at-5pm-today-after-nine-years-in-power-jacinta-allan-tipped-as-successor-20230926-p5e7ss.html
They are notorious and were extremely important in the battles for Bakhmut: the ...
In fighting in the East
Quick Glance: Return of Wagner Mercenaries: Ukraine Reports Fighting in the East
- Infamous Wagner mercenaries active again in eastern Ukraine
- Privatarmy Wagner has been leaderless since the crash
- The return of the men does not pose a major threat, according to Kiev
Quick Glance: Alcohol breath tests could prevent vehicle starting
- A personal breath test device for drivers could prevent vehicle starting if the limit is exceeded.
- The Alcohol Ignition Interlock is attached to the vehicle and detects the alcohol level on the driver's breath.
- The introduction of the devices is part of the government's road safety strategy.
- The Medical Bureau for Road Safety (MBRS) is actively involved in ensuring that the device meets the highest EU standards.
Quick Glance: Czech Government Approves Purchase of 24 F-35 Jets
- According to Fiala, it is an effective solution.
- Defense Minister Jana Cernochova stated that the state will pay 150 billion crowns ($6.47 billion) by 2034, including 44 billion for base upgrades in the Czech Republic, as well as fuel, staff training, and taxes.
- In June, the US State Department approved the sale of F-35 jets, munitions, and related equipment to the Czech Republic, which will replace the leased Gripen fighters from Saab AB (SAABb.ST).
Quick Glance: EU: X Identified as Primary Source of Disinformation
- Over 6,000 unique social media posts were examined
- Study analyzes disinformation risk in Spain, Poland, and Slovakia
- TrustLab conducts study to support the EU's code of practice on disinformation
- X, formerly known as Twitter, is subject to the EU's Digital Services Act (DSA)
Quick Glance: Paul Ryan warns Republicans about impending shutdown
- Internal conflicts within the House GOP have been occurring for weeks.
- Ryan, however, is uncertain if House Republicans will be able to accomplish it in time.
- Ryan served as Speaker of the House during the 2018 government shutdown, which lasted a record-breaking 35 days.
The two-member SPD faction in Rottenburg an der Laaber is angry about the Social Democrats' ...
Quick Glance: SPD councilors switch to Free Voters in Rottenburg
- Both local politicians resign from their party and join the Free Voters.
- The flyer affair involving Hubert Aiwanger is a concern for local politics in Rottenburg.
- Aiwanger denies being the author of the paper.
- Rottenburg's mayor expects a soon-to-be switch to the Free Voters faction.
Quick Glance: Biden's dog bites again: Secret Service officer injured
- Biden's dog Commander injures another Secret Service officer.
- The dog has had multiple unpleasant encounters with the individuals who protect the White House.
- The President and First Lady express their gratitude to the Secret Service and Executive Residence staff for their efforts in safeguarding them, their family, and the nation.
- The White House is developing additional leash protocols and training for Commander.
Colin Kaepernick, who hasn’t been on an NFL roster since 2017, formally requested that he join the New York ...
Quick Glance: Colin Kaepernick Requests to Join Jets' Practice Squad
- The former NFL quarterback provides multiple reasons why he would be a good fit for the Jets' practice squad following Aaron Rodgers' Achilles injury in Week 1 of the 2023 season.
- Unlike other veteran quarterbacks considered as possible options for the Jets, Kaepernick has not retired from the league despite not playing since 2016.
- Kaepernick's letter was shared on Instagram by J. Cole with permission from the quarterback, after the Jets signed another veteran quarterback, Trevor Siemian, to their practice squad on Tuesday.
Quick Glance: Eric Trump criticizes court ruling on Mar-a-Lago value
- Eric Trump criticized a judge's valuation of Mar-a-Lago in a fraud case, claiming the Florida property could be worth over a billion dollars.
Quick Glance: Donald Trump held accountable for fraud in New York civil case
- Engoron also ordered the cancellation of certificates that allowed some of Trump's businesses, including the Trump Organization, to operate in New York, and appointed a receiver to manage the businesses' dissolution.
- The judge described how Trump, his adult sons Donald Jr. and Eric, the Trump Organization, and other defendants fabricated valuations and inflated Trump's net worth to meet their business needs.
- Christopher Kise, a lawyer representing Trump, stated, 'Today's scandalous decision is completely detached from the facts and the applicable law.'
- James expressed anticipation in presenting the remaining aspects of her case in court.
Quick Glance: Amazon sued for price manipulation and unfair competition
- US regulators and 17 states are suing Amazon for allegations of using its market position to increase prices and overcharge sellers.
- They are seeking a permanent court injunction to prevent Amazon from continuing its unlawful behavior and restore competition.
- The complaint accuses Amazon of engaging in anti-competitive practices that discourage sellers from offering lower prices on other websites.
- The lawsuit also claims that Amazon forces sellers to use its Fulfillment by Amazon logistics service to qualify for Amazon Prime, despite their preference for alternative shipping services.
Quick Glance: New Initiative for Net Neutrality: Is Broadband Essential?
- Former President Donald Trump could bring back landmark net neutrality rules.
- The proposed rules would classify broadband services as an essential telecommunications service.
- Internet service providers would be prohibited from blocking or throttling lawful Internet traffic and selling 'fast lanes'.
- The FCC will vote in October to gather public comment on the proposed rules.
Recommended for you