Quick Glance: Dianne Feinstein, California Senator and Pioneer of Liberal Priorities, Dies at 90
- California Senator Dianne Feinstein, a moderate Democrat and advocate for liberal causes, has passed away at the age of 90.
- Feinstein was a trailblazer and champion in local and national politics.
- President Joe Biden described her as a pioneering American and a cherished friend.
- Feinstein's bipartisan efforts led to legislative wins throughout her career.
Quick Glance: Impending Government Shutdown in the US
- Republicans narrowly control the House, while Democrats hold the Senate by a single seat.
- In a closed-door meeting, Mr McCarthy stated that Republicans must choose between the House bill or the Senate's version to avoid being blamed for a shutdown.
- The White House supports Mr Schumer's call for the House to back his spending bill.
- The path to fund the government has been outlined by the Senate with bipartisan support - House Republicans just need to take it, according to press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre's statement on Friday.
This village home for sale on the fringe of the Yorkshire Dales National Park has it all including exceptional views and rail links to Leeds
Quick Glance: North Texas federal employees prepare for upcoming government shutdown
- Federal employees in North Texas seeking assistance from local food banks and community centers.
- A shutdown is unnecessary and avoidable, hopefully it doesn't happen.
- Sen. Patty Murray blocked the proposal but argued for continued pay for all federal workers.
- Ted Cruz would pause his paychecks in the event of a shutdown.
'Will not bow down:' #Delhi CM #ArvindKejriwal reacts to CBI probe on residence renovation case The CBI has registered a preliminary enquiry to probe the alleged ... Show more
Quick Glance: Kejriwal challenges PM to resign if CBI enquiry yields no results
- Kejriwal challenges the Prime Minister to resign if nothing comes of the enquiry.
- The CBI has started a new enquiry after finding nothing so far.
- Kejriwal believes the enquiry against him was initiated because he refused to bow down to the BJP government.
- Kejriwal poses the question to the PM of whether he will resign if the enquiry yields no results.
Quick Glance: Republicans initiate Biden impeachment inquiry over son's business dealings
- Republicans hold first hearing on impeachment inquiry, revealing foreign payments to Biden family members but no evidence of personal benefit to the president.
- Hearing reviews Republican evidence of Hunter Biden's foreign business ventures, alleging that Biden's family sold access.
- Biden accused of lying about family's business dealings and failing to separate them from his official duties.
- Republicans claim Biden and his family profited from policies pursued during Obama administration.
The Baltimore Orioles completed one of the greatest turnarounds in ...
'It's worth it'
Quick Glance: Orioles secure 30-year lease agreement for Camden Yards through in-game announcement
- The Orioles announced on Thursday night on the video board at Oriole Park that the team and Maryland Stadium Authority have reached a new 30-year lease agreement to keep the team in Baltimore.
- After the announcement, a jubilant Moore was seen in the Camden Yards concourse hugging people and affirming that the lease was for 30 years.
- The approval of the Maryland Stadium Authority board and the Board of Public Works is required.
- As part of their pursuit of a lease agreement, Angelos sought commercial development rights to state-owned parking lots B and C, which are situated on valuable land between Oriole Park at Camden Yards and the Ravens’ M&T Bank Stadium.
Riverfront SoHo in Yishun, ‘transparent factories’ in Kallang-Kolam Ayer among ideas under review
Manipur: Mob attempts to attack CM Biren Singhs ancestral house
Quick Glance: Security forces use pellets on protesters in Imphal for the first time
- The Imphal police suspect that the students were killed by Kuki militants.
- During clashes with security forces, Singh sought shelter in a nearby house.
- What is particularly noteworthy is the allegation that security forces fired pellet guns at students - a first in Manipur.
- The director-general of police has announced the formation of a committee to investigate allegations of excessive force by security forces.
President Biden's latest speech on democracy comes the day after the Republican debate, as a government shutdown looms and as House Republicans hold an ... Show more
Quick Glance: Trump found liable for fraud in New York civil lawsuit
- The court determined that the documents presented here contain fraudulent valuations that the defendants used in their business.
- Attorney General Letitia James filed a lawsuit against Mr. Trump last September, accusing him, his two adult sons, and the Trump Organization of lying about his net worth and asset values between 2011 and 2021.
- Mr. Trump previously denied any wrongdoing and dismissed the New York case as another politically motivated "witch hunt" brought by a biased prosecutor.
- As part of the Tuesday decision, the Trump Organization was instructed to cancel its business licenses in New York and propose independent monitors within 10 days to oversee the process.
Recommended for you