Quick Glance: Documentary brings Argentine comic strip icon Mafalda to television
- The documentary 'Rereading: Mafalda' explores the beloved Argentine comic strip from a feminist perspective.
- Comic artist Joaquin Salvador Lavado, also known as 'Quino', launched the series six decades ago.
- The two-hour docuseries examines the criticism of the 1960s military dictatorship of Juan Carlos Ongania.
- The Mafalda comics have been published in 28 languages and sold worldwide.
U.S. President Joe Biden was firm in his backing of Ukraine as he vowed to keep supporting the country in its war against Russia as he met with Ukrainian ... Show more
Quick Glance: White House threatens veto on two GOP funding bills
- The White House threatens to veto two GOP funding bills as it seeks a way to fund the government and prevent a shutdown.
- The Office of Management and Budget has issued two statements on appropriations bills for the Department of State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs, as well as for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
- The White House argues that the bills violate the spending agreement reached by President Biden and Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) in May to raise the debt ceiling and avoid a government default.
- The White House criticizes House Republicans for wasting time with partisan bills that significantly cut discretionary spending below the [Fiscal Responsibility Act] agreement and endanger critical services for the American people.
Quick Glance: China warns citizens about the risk of espionage
- Spies are everywhere, according to the local intelligence agency
- Even a sea-cucumber farm can be a potential target for spies
- Stories like this serve the purpose of China's intelligence agency
- The increased paranoia will make life even more challenging for foreigners in China
Leadership expert Anne Morriss doesn't ...
Harvard-trained expert shares how to 'move fast and fix things'
Quick Glance: Expert shares tips for fast action and problem-solving
- Mark Zuckerberg's motto 'move fast and break things' inspired a whole generation of entrepreneurs.
- Harvard Business School expert Anne Morriss criticizes the advice and recommends 'move fast and fix things'.
- Acting quickly can lead to overlooking mistakes, but it is achievable, according to Morriss.
- Building trust is crucial for successfully fixing mistakes and avoiding damages, emphasizes Morriss.
Quick Glance: US Senate calls for investigation into Musk and Starlink's Ukraine operation
- US Senator Elizabeth Warren calls for investigation into SpaceX over the blockade of Starlink access for Ukraine to protect against an attack on Russian warships off the coast of Crimea.
- Musk is expected to attend a closed-door meeting with senators at the Capitol.
- SpaceX reduces the cost of space access, including for national security launches. Reed emphasizes that Musk cannot have the final say in terms of national security.
- Musk himself confirms the disruption of the drone attack on the Russian fleet in Crimea.
Quick Glance: ‘Blade’ - Most Influential Film of the Last 25 Years
- Wesley Snipes didn't play Blade.
- Blade is one of the most important and influential movies of the last 25 years.
- Blade paved the way for most Marvel movies.
- Blade created a shadow world that became the template for almost every Marvel movie.
Quick Glance: New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem Game Announced for Next Year
- Outright Games announces Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem game inspired by the recent film.
- Set months after the movie, the game features unique visuals inspired by the film’s bold, painterly art style.
- Players take control of the Turtles, engaging in energetic ninja teamwork and a humorous narrative.
- Interact with memorable characters from the franchise and fight to save this stylized version of New York City from a new mutant threat.
Quick Glance: Affordable train tickets in Lancashire from 50p
- Millions of tickets at knockdown prices - starting from as little as 50p.
- Flash sale with five million tickets at knockdown prices.
- Sale closes on Thursday, September 7 at 6pm, valid for travel between September 11 and October 20.
- One million 50p tickets, three million £1 tickets, and one million £2 tickets on sale.
Quick Glance: Next season's storm names with experts and comic character
- Next season's storm names have been revealed - with inspiration from civil servants, scientists, and even a famous comic character.
- Names on the list include Debi, Ciaran, and Regina - named after individuals working to protect the public from severe weather in the UK.
- Also on the list is the name Minnie, inspired by Minnie the Minx from the Beano comic, following the inclusion of Storm Dennis in 2020.
- Names of famous scientists have also been suggested, including Jocelyn, after astrophysicist Dame Jocelyn Bell.
Our fans voted #BreakingBad (🍅96%) as the best TV show of the last 25 years! Read on for all their picks: editorial.rottentomatoes.com/guide/rt25-fans-top-tv-shows-of-the-last-25-years/
Recommended for you