A sanctuary in Indonesia is celebrating the birth of a Sumatran rhino, the most threatened species of rhinoceros in the world ... Show more
Quick Glance: Rare Sumatran Rhino Calf Born in Indonesia
- A rare Sumatran rhino calf was born in Way Kambas National Park in Indonesia.
- The rhino is a welcome addition to a species that currently numbers fewer than 50 animals.
- It is the second rhino born in the country this year.
- The Indonesian government emphasizes its commitment to rhino conservation in Indonesia, especially for the Sumatran rhino.
The war in Ukraine may be heading for stalemate: 2024 will be a difficult, dangerous period for Ukraine. Despite modest progress in its counter-offensive ...
Quick Glance: Russian Minister Visits North Korea
- A Russian delegation led by the Minister of Natural Resources, Alexander Kozlov, visits North Korea and emphasizes economic and technological cooperation.
- Russia and North Korea are conducting talks on the economy, science, and technology, without providing further details.
- North Korea is in its final stages of preparation for the launch of a spy satellite and may have received technical assistance from Russia.
- North Korea's announcement of successful static tests of new-type solid-fuel engines for intermediate-range ballistic missiles coincides with a joint aerial exercise involving South Korea and the U.S., serving as a show of force against North Korea.
Strikes kill three civilians in Kherson; Russia stockpiling ...
‘Ukraine is Constantly Getting Stronger’
Quick Glance: Ukraine Grows Stronger - Nov 17 War Update (Europe Edition)
- Four killed in Russian strikes in southern Ukraine, followed by more civilian casualties in Kherson on Thursday.
- Mortars hit Kherson, killing a man and a woman, and Russian artillery struck Bilozerka, killing one and injuring many.
- Russian forces made verified gains near Avdiivka, and Ukrainian forces recaptured some positions west of Novodonetske.
- Ukrainian forces launched successful assaults along the regional border of Donetsk and Zaporizhzhia on Thursday.
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!