In the piece titled Means of Unification, the man hailed Pyongyang's socialist system.
Quick Glance: South Korea: Man Jailed 14 Months for Praising North in Poem
- Man sentenced for publishing a poem praising North Korea.
- The poem advocated for unification and led to charges under the National Security Act.
- Published in North Korean state media in 2016, the poem was a contest winner.
- The man had previously served 10 months for a similar offense and was convicted again for propagating North Korean propaganda.
Quick Glance: South Korean City Hosts Mass Blind Dating
- 100 men and women gather in Seongnam, South Korea, to find love.
- Local government organizes event to boost low birth rates.
- 198 participants leave as 'couples' after exchanging contacts.
- Critics call for direct financial support for pregnancy, childbirth, and parenting.
Quick Glance: North Korea Criticizes Critics, Hints at More Satellite Launches
- North Korea claims it launched the first spy satellite.
- The United States and nine other countries criticized North Korea for launching a space booster using ballistic missile technology.
Before leaving for his military service, BTS member ...
BTS member Jungkook pens emotional letter to fans ahead of military service
Quick Glance: Jungkook Shares Heartfelt Message Before Military Service
- The 26-year-old idol shared a heartfelt message on Weverse with BTS fans, also known as ARMYs, ahead of his mandatory service.
- The singer reflected on his emotions for the upcoming journey and thanked his fans for their unconditional love and support.
- Jungkook expressed gratitude for the support and love of ARMYs and promised to continue to develop to return to the stage.
Quick Glance: China, Japan, South Korea Enhance Trilateral Cooperation
- The foreign ministers of China, Japan, and South Korea agreed to restart cooperation and pave the way for a summit of their three leaders.
- The three diplomats met in Busan, South Korea, to advance cooperation in six areas and promote concrete discussions to prepare for the summit.
- The ministers condemned North Korea's launch of its first spy satellite and agreed to boost responses to arms deals between Pyongyang and Moscow.
- South Korea's foreign minister emphasized the need to institutionalize trilateral cooperation to develop a stable and sustainable system.
Quick Glance: North Korea's Successful Spy Satellite Launch
- After two failed attempts earlier this year, North Korea successfully launched its first military spy satellite on November 21st.
- Up-to-date information is crucial for South Korea's 'Kill Chain' pre-emptive strike system to deter North Korea from using its nuclear arsenal.
- Pinpointing the whereabouts of North Korea's leaders would lend credibility to South Korea's threat to eliminate them if they ever pose a threat.
- South Korea plans to launch five satellites by 2025.
Quick Glance: Holiday Shoppers Strategically Seek Best Deals
- Holiday shoppers in the U.S. are searching for the best deals and deepest discounts ahead of Cyber Monday.
- Cyber Monday, known as the biggest online shopping day in the U.S., is being heavily promoted by merchants with online promotions.
- Strong online traffic on Black Friday shows that buyers are investing time and effort to select the most cost-effective and valuable goods.
- Despite the earlier start of holiday promotions, there weren't many great deals initially.
Quick Glance: True Crime Enthusiast Commits Murder
- A 23-year-old Korean woman, obsessed with crime series and novels, murdered a stranger and scored high on psychopath tests, according to the police.
- The police reported to the court that the unemployed loner, Jung Yoo-jung, who lived with her grandfather, had been searching for victims for months and used an online tutoring app to find a target.
- Prosecutors reported that Jung showed up at the tutor's house in a school uniform she had bought online.
- According to the police, Jung's online history showed that she had been researching how to commit murder and dispose of a body for months.
S. Korean city turns matchmaker to boost low birth rates: Thousands have signed up for blind dates arranged by the local government in Seongnam.
S Korea, Japan, China fail to set summit date, condemn N Korea: The lack of consensus shows widening gaps between the three neighbors.
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!