Quick Glance: Why Chile Should Ratify the TPP-11
- Seven out of the eleven nations that signed the TPP-11 in March 2018 have ratified it to date: Canada, Australia, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Singapore, and Vietnam. All of them have fully reaped the benefits of the TPP-11 in the past two years.
- Before Covid-19, Canada saw growth in bilateral trade of goods with our TPP-11 partners, and many sectors such as meat, fish, and seafood experienced an expansion of exports to TPP-11 markets like Japan and Vietnam.
- Canada and Chile also enjoy a strong and multifaceted relationship anchored in our shared values, including commitments to democracy, human rights, women's economic empowerment, open markets and trade, and multilateral cooperation to address global peace and security challenges.
- By offering a unique set of trade rules across the Asia-Pacific region, the TPP-11 makes trade more predictable, transparent, and accessible for all involved.
Quick Glance: Alligator Denied Access to Baseball Match
- Wally the Alligator currently in custody
- Animal assistance common at sports events
- Wally serving as emotional support alligator
- Wally denied entry to baseball venue
Flying Scotsman crash: Train involved in ‘shunting incident’ as five people treated with eight fire crews on scene
Fergus Ewing demands urgent update from Humza Yousaf on A96 delays: Fergus Ewing has called on the Scottish Government to explain why dualling the A96 between ...
Quick Glance: Sycamore Gap: Teenager arrested for felling Hadrian's Wall tree
- Tree felled at Sycamore Gap
- 16-year-old arrested for criminal damage
- Tree featured in Kevin Costner's film Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- National Trust shocked and saddened by loss of tree
Recommended for you