Former Arizona Cardinal receiver Larry Fitzgerald now a member of Pitt Hall of Fame
Quick Glance: Alligator Denied Access to Baseball Match
- Wally the Alligator currently in custody
- Animal assistance common at sports events
- Wally serving as emotional support alligator
- Wally denied entry to baseball venue
Quick Glance: Kraft Heinz recalls cheese slices due to choking hazard
- Kraft Heinz is recalling over 83,000 cases of individually-wrapped Kraft Singles American processed cheese slices because part of the wrapper could stick to the slice and become a choking hazard.
- The voluntary recall was initiated by Kraft Heinz after receiving multiple consumer complaints.
- The recall affects 16-ounce packages of Kraft Singles American Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product with a 'Best When Used By' date between Jan. 10, 2024, and Jan. 27, 2024.
Quick Glance: Bryce Harper's Outburst at Ángel Hernández After Controversial Check-Swing Call
- Phillies outfielder Bryce Harper was ejected on Thursday after arguing with third base umpire Ángel Hernández over his decision to rule him out on strikes on an attempted check swing.
- Hernández, however, believed that Harper completed the swing and called the 30-year-old out on strikes.
- An angry Harper then charged towards third base and berated the umpire.
- While walking to the dugout after his ejection, Harper threw his helmet into the crowd, generating a loud cheer from the fans at Citizens Bank Park.
Quick Glance: Marlins secure wildcard spot by defeating Pirates
- The Miami Marlins overcome a sleepless night to defeat the Pirates in Pittsburgh.
- A victory by the Marlins or one loss each for both the Chicago Cubs and the Cincinnati Reds would send Miami to the postseason.
- Marlins manager Skip Schumaker sees the effects of sleep deprivation on his players, but they bounce back.
- With one more victory in Pittsburgh, the Marlins can prevent the game on Monday in New York.
Joey Votto: "It ended up going on a little bit longer than I'm used to ...
'I could have soaked that in forever'
Quick Glance: 'Deep emotions': Joey Votto's reaction to standing ovation
- Votto felt overwhelmed and humbled.
- He came close to tears.
- The standing ovation lasted longer than expected, which was fantastic.
- Joey Votto's first at-bat today at Great American Ball Park was met with a standing ovation from the fans, creating a spectacular moment for him.
Quick Glance: Deshaun Watson of Browns Fined for Violations Against Steelers
- Watson, 28, received fines totaling $35,513 for three incidents during Cleveland's Week 2 loss to the Steelers.
- The fines include unsportsmanlike conduct and two unnecessary roughness violations for facemask infractions.
- The fines add another lowlight to Watson's slow start in his second year with the Browns (1-1).
- Against Pittsburgh, Watson had a poor performance and was sacked six times.
Quick Glance: White Supremacist Confesses to Threatening Jury and Witnesses in Shooter's Trial
- Self-proclaimed white supremacist confessed to making online threats towards the jury and witnesses in the trial of the man who killed 11 congregants at the synagogue in Pittsburgh.
- Lloyd admitted to targeting the jury and witnesses based on their actual or perceived Jewish faith.
- The Justice Department referred to Lloyd as a self-proclaimed leader of a white supremacy movement.
- Lloyd was convicted for obstructing the proper administration of justice.
Quick Glance: Reveal, Chicago Bears. What has been happening?
- Bears fans are wondering why the team is struggling.
- Meanwhile, the Chicago Bears had retreated.
- The Bears played the role of the scapegoat, allowing Swift to cheer even more.
- It sure looks like the Bears are trying to keep everything under wraps, and there may well be good reasons we don't yet know to protect Williams.
The president's job approval rating is 19 points underwater.
Quick Glance: Trump Leads by 10 Points in Poll: Washington Post
- Poll shows Trump leading Biden by 10 points, according to Washington Post.
- Concerns for the president's reelection campaign are indicated by the poll findings and an NBC News poll.
Quick Glance: Is Justin Fields Already a Failure for the Bears?
- The Bears had an ugly start to the season, getting blown out by the Packers and coming up short against the Bucs.
- Fields simply refuses to throw the ball away.
- This Bears offense is both using Moore poorly, and Fields isn’t willing to take the downfield shots needed to improve this offense.
- It's not over yet for Justin Fields.
Recommended for you