Is news.abs-cbn.com a reliable source?
This is how independent third parties assess the credibility and media bias of this source.
news.abs-cbn.com scores a total of 18 Plus Points and 2 Minus Points in our evaluation of journalistic quality.
This corresponds to a score of 77* resp. the grade B+ (good).
*: (18 + 5 BP) * 100 / (18 + 5 BP + 2 + 5 BP)
The breakdown of the points follows below.
This corresponds to a score of 77* resp. the grade B+ (good).
|very good||A+||> 89|
|A||89 - 84|
|A-||83 - 79|
|good||B+||78 - 74|
|B||73 - 69|
|B-||68 - 63|
|satisfactory||C+||62 - 58|
|C||57 - 53|
|C-||52 - 47|
|sufficient||D+||46 - 44|
|D||43 - 40|
|D-||39 - 37|
|poor||E+||36 - 33|
|E||32 - 30|
|E-||29 - 26|
The breakdown of the points follows below.
News from reputable sources that might interest you
Quick Glance: Trump found liable for fraud in New York civil lawsuit
- The court determined that the documents presented here contain fraudulent valuations that the defendants used in their business.
- Attorney General Letitia James filed a lawsuit against Mr. Trump last September, accusing him, his two adult sons, and the Trump Organization of lying about his net worth and asset values between 2011 and 2021.
- Mr. Trump previously denied any wrongdoing and dismissed the New York case as another politically motivated "witch hunt" brought by a biased prosecutor.
- As part of the Tuesday decision, the Trump Organization was instructed to cancel its business licenses in New York and propose independent monitors within 10 days to oversee the process.
It's done. Damian Lillard has been traded to the Milwaukee Bucks. ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reports that The Blazers are receiving Jrue Holiday ... Show more
Quick Glance: Trail Blazers trade Damian Lillard to the Milwaukee Bucks in unexpected move
- The Portland Trail Blazers traded Damian Lillard to the Milwaukee Bucks, causing a stir not only in the NBA but also in the sports world.
- The Bucks acquired Lillard, while Portland received Jrue Holiday, Deandre Ayton, Toumani Camara, an unprotected first-round Bucks pick in 2029, and an unprotected Bucks pick swap in 2028.
- The surprise is not that Lillard was traded - that was expected.
- The shock is that Lillard is going to Milwaukee, not the Miami Heat.
Quick Glance: UAW to Strike Additional Auto Targets on Friday Without Progress - Source
- US President Joe Biden joins the United Auto Workers picket line in Belleville, Michigan.
- The United Auto Workers union plans to strike additional Detroit Three automotive facilities on Friday if there is no serious progress in labor negotiations, according to a source familiar with the talks.
- UAW President Shawn Fain plans to announce new targets at 10 a.m. ET Friday in online remarks, and workers would walk out of those sites at noon, the source said.
- The union historically selects one of the Detroit Three as the target for negotiations, setting the pattern for subsequent deals.
U.S. Senator Bob Menendez pleaded not guilty on Wednesday to charges of taking bribes from three New ...
Quick Glance: Senator Menendez proclaims innocence in corruption allegations
- Senator Bob Menendez proclaimed his innocence on Wednesday regarding bribery allegations from three businessmen in New Jersey, as demands for his resignation from fellow Democrats grew.
- Last week, federal prosecutors in Manhattan charged Menendez, 69, and his wife for allegedly accepting gold bars and hundreds of thousands of dollars to utilize the senator's influence in favor of Egypt's government and obstruct investigations of the businessmen.
- Wang stated that Menendez could be released on a $100,000 personal recognizance bond.
- After exiting the courthouse, Menendez and his 56-year-old wife, Nadine Menendez, passed by dozens of reporters without answering questions, entered a black car, and departed.
Quick Glance: US Astronaut Rubio Lands in Kazakhstan, Delighted to Finally Be Home
- US astronaut Frank Rubio breaks record for longest space flight by an American, landing in Kazakhstan with two Russian cosmonauts.
- Rubio, 47, says with a smile, 'Delighted to finally be home,' after landing with Russian cosmonauts Sergey Prokopyev, 48, and Dmitry Petelin, 40.
- Rubio receives a Russian matryoshka doll while Prokopyev is seen smiling beside the capsule, holding a watermelon he requested on landing.
- Rubio is the first American to spend a full year in space.
Susanne Daubner bringt auf Sendung gewöhnlich nichts aus der Ruhe. An diesem Morgen kommt der ...
Quick Glance: Sprecherin Daubner's Laughing Fit on ARD Morning Magazine
- Daubner bursts into laughter and can't stop for almost a minute.
- Daubner returns to the moderator team, who welcomes her with a remorseful gesture.
- Possibly, a blocker is preventing this due to your browser settings.
Quick Glance: Donald Trump held accountable for fraud in New York civil case
- Engoron also ordered the cancellation of certificates that allowed some of Trump's businesses, including the Trump Organization, to operate in New York, and appointed a receiver to manage the businesses' dissolution.
- The judge described how Trump, his adult sons Donald Jr. and Eric, the Trump Organization, and other defendants fabricated valuations and inflated Trump's net worth to meet their business needs.
- Christopher Kise, a lawyer representing Trump, stated, 'Today's scandalous decision is completely detached from the facts and the applicable law.'
- James expressed anticipation in presenting the remaining aspects of her case in court.
President Joe Biden said on Wednesday that a government shutdown is not evitable, but that if there is one ...
Quick Glance: Biden: No Inevitable Government Shutdown
- Biden believes nothing is inevitable in politics.
- A government shutdown is possible if a budget deal is not reached.
- A government shutdown could impact important work in science and health.
- Biden calls on Republican friends in the House of Representatives to fund the government.
Quick Glance: UAW President Criticizes Trump's Loyalty to the 'Billionaire Class' Ahead of Visit
- UAW President Shawn Fain criticizes former President Trump, stating that he serves a 'billionaire class,' one day before Trump's visit to Detroit to speak with union members.
- Fain added, 'He serves a billionaire class, and that's the problem in this country.'
- Fain stated, 'All you have to do is look at his track record.'
- Fain said, 'And the ultimate proof of how much he cares about our workers was in 2019 when he was the president of the United States.'
Quick Glance: Record Number of Migrants Heading to US Border
- Migrants cross the Rio Grande to continue their journey through Mexico to Eagle Pass, Texas, USA.
- An asylum seeker is attended by Red Cross medical personnel due to high temperatures while traveling from Nava to Piedras Negras, Coahuila state, Mexico, on the way to the US border.
- Asylum seekers cross the Rio Grande to finish their journey to Eagle Pass, Texas, USA.
- Migrants gather near the border wall after crossing the Rio Bravo river to turn themselves in to US Border Patrol agents and request asylum.
Quick Glance: Rich Countries Import Solution to Nursing Shortages
- Investigation reveals international bidding wars for healthcare workers
- Exploitation of nurses and strain on poorer health systems
- AMN Healthcare reports 300% increase in foreign nurses placed in US hospitals
- Pandemic intensifies demand for Filipino nurses and triggers mass resignations
Quick Glance: Calls for Bob Menendez's Resignation
- Senator Bob Menendez to make first remarks following indictment
- Democratic senators call for Bob Menendez's resignation
- Many Democratic officials in New Jersey also call for Menendez's resignation
- Democratic Representative Andy Kim to challenge Menendez
Quick Glance: Paul Ryan warns Republicans about impending shutdown
- Internal conflicts within the House GOP have been occurring for weeks.
- Ryan, however, is uncertain if House Republicans will be able to accomplish it in time.
- Ryan served as Speaker of the House during the 2018 government shutdown, which lasted a record-breaking 35 days.
Quick Glance: US Senate Considers Cannabis Banking Reform, Industry Demands More
- A US Senate committee will vote on a bill to grant the legal cannabis industry access to banking.
- The disconnect between federal and state governments is concerning for the $13.2 billion legal marijuana industry.
- Meanwhile, 22 states have legalized cannabis for medical or recreational purposes.
- The CEO of the National Cannabis Industry Association expressed frustration with the ongoing discussions.
Quick Glance: Hunter Biden sues Rudy Giuliani for unauthorized access and sharing of personal data
- Hunter Biden files lawsuit against Rudy Giuliani for wrongfully accessing and sharing his personal data.
- The lawsuit is part of Hunter's efforts to push back against Republicans who have spread his private data, including alleged emails and embarrassing images.
- The suit accuses Giuliani and attorney Robert Costello of hacking, manipulating, copying, and disseminating Biden's data, resulting in a complete breach of his digital privacy.
- Biden also calls for an investigation into Giuliani, Costello, and the owner of the Wilmington computer repair shop.
Quick Glance: SEC Chief: New California Law Could Transform SEC Climate Regulation
- A pending California law could impact federal regulators' approach to forthcoming climate regulations.
- SEC Chair Gary Gensler's testimony highlighted the potential for the California law to support the agency's efforts to regulate corporate climate disclosures.
- California Governor Gavin Newsom intends to sign legislation requiring large companies to disclose their carbon footprints.
- The bill addresses the complex issue of measuring and reporting Scope 3 emissions, which are linked to supply chains and end-users.
Quick Glance: Raid and Ban of Artgemeinschaft: Faeser Informs about Police Action and Border Controls
- Officials conduct raid against group members
- Interior Minister Faeser informs about results of police action and decision for increased border controls
Jason Dean Billingsley, 32, of Baltimore, is wanted for first-degree ...
Quick Glance: Police search for suspect in Baltimore tech CEO's murder
- Baltimore police and U.S. marshals are searching for the man suspected of killing Pava LaPere, a 26-year-old tech executive.
- EcoMap Technologies, the company co-founded by LaPere, will hold a vigil in her honor at Baltimore's Washington Monument on Wednesday evening.
- Baltimore acting Police Commissioner Richard Worley announced an arrest warrant for Jason Billingsley, 32, of Baltimore, for first-degree murder, assault, reckless endangerment, and other charges.
- Baltimore Mayor Brandon Scott described LaPere as a 'very young, talented, devoted Baltimorean' at the news conference, saying he had gotten to know her over the years.
Colin Kaepernick, who hasn’t been on an NFL roster since 2017, formally requested that he join the New York ...
Quick Glance: Colin Kaepernick Requests to Join Jets' Practice Squad
- The former NFL quarterback provides multiple reasons why he would be a good fit for the Jets' practice squad following Aaron Rodgers' Achilles injury in Week 1 of the 2023 season.
- Unlike other veteran quarterbacks considered as possible options for the Jets, Kaepernick has not retired from the league despite not playing since 2016.
- Kaepernick's letter was shared on Instagram by J. Cole with permission from the quarterback, after the Jets signed another veteran quarterback, Trevor Siemian, to their practice squad on Tuesday.
Quick Glance: Dries Van Noten showcases layered tailoring at Paris Fashion Week
- Dries Van Noten showcased a layered collection for spring, incorporating patterns and sparkles into a lineup of tailored coats and loosely worn dress shirts.
- Paris Fashion Week runs until October 3, featuring some of the world's biggest brands including Hermes, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, and Dior.
Quick Glance: French Ambassador Departs Niger After Withdrawal Announcement
- Sylvain Itte, the French ambassador to Niger, has left the capital Niamey early Wednesday morning, according to the French presidency.
- Niger's military junta had ordered his expulsion soon after seizing power in a coup on July 26.
- France received EU support in refusing to bring back its ambassador.
- The decision sparked daily protests in front of the embassy and rallies across the capital with thousands demanding the withdrawal of French troops.
Quick Glance: Hollywood writers strike ends after guild leaders approve contract
- Hollywood's writers strike is declared over after union board members approve a contract agreement with studios.
- The writers still need to vote on the contract in October, but the strike will be lifted to allow them to work during the voting process.
- The writers were given the details of the contract for the first time after the board votes.
- SAG-AFTRA actors vote to potentially expand their strike to include the video game market.
Quick Glance: Vedanta prepares for demerger - Bloomberg News
- Vedanta plans to split its businesses into multiple listed entities.
- Vedanta Resources is struggling to raise funds due to rating downgrades and debt obligations.
- Agarwal attempted to reduce the group's $7.7 billion debt by having Hindustan Zinc Ltd purchase some of the parent company's zinc assets for $2.98 billion.
Quick Glance: Canada's House speaker resigns over inviting a Nazi fighter to Parliament
- Canada's House speaker resigns for inviting an individual who fought for a Nazi military unit during World War II to Parliament to attend a speech by the Ukrainian president.
- After Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy delivered an address in the House of Commons, a standing ovation was given to 98-year-old Yaroslav Hunka when Speaker Anthony Rota highlighted his presence.
- Rota introduced Hunka as a war hero of the First Ukrainian Division.
- Rota stepped down after a meeting with the House of Commons' party leaders.
Quick Glance: Biden's dog bites again: Secret Service officer injured
- Biden's dog Commander injures another Secret Service officer.
- The dog has had multiple unpleasant encounters with the individuals who protect the White House.
- The President and First Lady express their gratitude to the Secret Service and Executive Residence staff for their efforts in safeguarding them, their family, and the nation.
- The White House is developing additional leash protocols and training for Commander.
Quick Glance: Bank of America CEO: Fed prevails against inflation for now
- Bank of America Chairman and CEO Brian Moynihan speaks before Senate committee on banking
- The Federal Reserve has emerged victorious in the battle against inflation for now
- Interest rates are expected to remain high for a longer period
- Moynihan was en route to Washington following his remarks in New York
Quick Glance: Google's 25-Year Journey from Dorm to Internet Dominance
- Over 25 years ago, two Stanford University students brainstormed in their dormitory and came up with the idea to create an internet search engine that would organize and rank web pages.
Quick Glance: Moonlighting, Iconic '80s Series, Coming to Hulu Streaming
- Hulu will add all five seasons and 67 episodes of Glenn Gordon Caron's detective dramedy to its lineup.
- This marks the first time the show will be legally available to stream.
- The announcement comes a year after Caron convinced Disney to invest in making the show ready for streaming.
- Most of the original songs, including the theme song, have been cleared for streaming.
Quick Glance: Fire claims over 100 lives and injures 150 at Iraq wedding celebration
- A fire that spread through a hall hosting a Christian wedding in northern Iraq claimed the lives of at least 100 people and injured 150 others, authorities reported on Wednesday. The death toll is expected to rise.
- The fire occurred in Iraq's Nineveh province, in the Hamdaniya area, according to authorities.
- This area is predominantly Christian and located just outside the city of Mosul, approximately 335 kilometers (205 miles) northwest of the capital, Baghdad.
- Television footage showed flames engulfing the wedding hall as the fire rapidly spread.
Quick Glance: Worldwide Theatrical Release for Taylor Swift's Eras Concert Film
- Taylor Swift announces worldwide screening of her documentary film from her billion-dollar Eras concert tour.
- The film titled 'Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour' will be shown in theaters worldwide on October 13th.
- Originally planned for North America only, the tour later expanded to include 78 international dates.
Quick Glance: Nasa celebrates successful rescue mission: Asteroid sample reaches military base
- Capsule with most dangerous asteroid material safely landed in Utah desert
- Scientists hope samples will help explain the origin of life on Earth
- Contents of the capsule will be inspected under sterile conditions
- Researchers from around the world can request samples to support future generations
Quick Glance: OpenAI Plans Sale of Shares to Investors
- OpenAI is in talks with investors about selling existing shares at a higher valuation.
- The proposed deal could value OpenAI at $80 to $90 billion.
- OpenAI has already raised $300 million through share sales this year.
- Other startups like SpaceX have conducted private share sales to monetize their equity.
Quick Glance: Lawsuit Filed Against eBay for Sale of Harmful Products
- The U.S. government is suing eBay for violating environmental laws by allowing the sale of harmful products.
- EBay allowed the sale of over 343,011 illegal 'defeat' devices that bypass emissions controls.
- Additionally, over 23,000 unregistered pesticides were sold, violating a US Environmental Protection Agency order.
- EBay is defending itself against the lawsuit and removing over 99.9% of the cited products from its website.
Quick Glance: Meta Connect: New Products and Features Revealed
- Meta unveils Quest 3, the first mainstream headset for mixed reality
- Over 100 new and upgraded games for the latest headset
- Microsoft's Xbox Cloud Gaming coming to the Quest platform in December
- Meta introduces over two dozen chatbots for social media
Quick Glance: Mark Milley's Controversial Legacy as America's Top General
- Milley's conduct was unquestionably extraordinary in the final months and days of the Trump administration.
- Concerned about Trump's mental decline, Milley instructed senior operations officers not to take orders from anyone unless he was involved.
- Milley publicly apologized for creating a perception of the military involved in domestic politics.
- Republican lawmakers and former Trump administration officials accused him of undermining civilian control of the military.
Quick Glance: Former Microsoft product chief to lead Amazon's device business
- Panos Panay will head Amazon's unit responsible for Alexa and Echo.
- Panay, who led the creation of Microsoft's Surface line, joins Amazon in October.
- Amazon has stated that its devices and services business is not profitable.
- Workers in the hardware unit express concerns about morale and the success of upcoming devices.
Quick Glance: Travis King: Fate of US soldiers who fled to North Korea?
- An image shows Private Travis T. King (wearing a black shirt and black cap) taken during a tour of the tightly controlled Joint Security Area (JSA) on the border between the two Koreas, in Panmunjom, South Korea, on July 18, 2023.
- According to US officials, Private Travis King, who fled to North Korea in July, is now in US custody after being expelled from North Korea to China. This follows a rare diplomatic cooperation between the US, North Korea, and China.
- North Korea claimed he had defected, although Pyongyang refused a request by the United Nations Command to meet him.
- An investigation by the US military later revealed that King crossed into North Korea voluntarily.
Quick Glance: Proposals for three Alabama district maps to strengthen black voters' rights
- A court-appointed special master presented three proposals on Monday to enhance the black voting-age population in a newly configured district in Alabama.
- This is the latest development in a closely watched redistricting case with implications for control of the US House of Representatives in the upcoming elections.
- Two other plans for the district would result in a black population of 48.7% or 48.5%.
- All of these exceed the approximately 40% black population in the second district, which had been rejected by federal judges as improperly diluting black political power in this Deep South state.
Quick Glance: Victims demand 'zero tolerance' on church abuse in Rome
- A group of abuse victims and their advocates completed a pilgrimage to Rome to deliver their message to Pope Francis.
- The pilgrimage demonstrates the survivors' determination to demand a universal zero tolerance law in the Church.
- The 10 men and women walked 130 kilometers carrying a large wooden cross.
- They call on Pope Francis to enforce 'zero tolerance' against clerical sex abuse.
According to a judge, former US President Donald Trump intentionally ...
Case against ex-president
Quick Glance: Trump Faces Fraud Charges: New York Judge Holds Him Accountable
- Former US President Donald Trump suffered a major legal defeat.
- Judge Arthur Engoron ruled that Trump and his company can be held liable for fraud.
- Trump manipulated the value of his Trump Organization for years, committing fraud.
- Trump is accused of inflating his wealth by up to $3.6 billion to obtain loans more easily.
Media Bias/Fact Check18 +, 2 -
Media Bias/Fact Check (MBFC) is an American fact-checking website founded in 2015. It uses a 0-10 scale to rate sites on two areas: bias and factual accuracy. A source rated by MBFC with minimal bias gets 10 plus points. Maximum bias gets 10 minus points. The same principle applies to factual accuracy.
- "Least Biased"
Wikipedia's reliability was often criticized in the 2000s but has improved over time; in the late 2010s and early 2020s, it was universally praised. Any positive mention of a source in the extract of a Wikipedia page in terms of credibility and quality gets a plus point, and vice versa.
- "com is a news website based in Quezon City,"
We primarily use fact-checkers affiliated with the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN). We have linked to the International Fact-Checking Network fact-checkers' code of principles in the headline. For each failed fact-checker there is one minus point.
- There are no failed fact checks to date.
Journalism prizes are awards for excellent journalistic work in the period covered by the call for entries, which is usually one or two years. Sources receive one plus point for each journalistic award won that we track. We currently track up to three prestigious awards per country.
- There are no journalism awards won to date.
Press Council Rulings
Press councils are national institutions of media self-regulation. Press councils have their own defined press code. Reprimands are issued in the event of a violation of the press code (e.g. for truthfulness, diligence, sensationalism, separation of advertising and editorial, personal rights). For each reprimand issued by a national press council, a source receives one minus point.
- There have been no press council rulings against the source to date.
Most scientific publications, though not all, rely on some form of peer review or editorial review to qualify texts for publication. Sources mentioned in studies which rate media quality and/or reliability receive between 10 plus and 10 minus points.
- There are no evaluations of studies available to date.
Ad Fontes Media
Ad Fontes Media, Inc. is a media watchdog organization based in Colorado that is best known for its Media Bias Chart, which ranks media sources based on political bias and reliability. We combine their ratings of individual articles and episodes to create a weighted average, with low-rated items increasingly weighted higher.
- Ad Fontes Media rating was not found.
Recommended for you