Jessica Baker was a passenger on the coach that struck a reservation on the motorway in the Wirral.
Quick Glance: Fatal Accident: Identification of Teenage Victim
- Jessica Baker was a passenger on the bus that collided with a barrier on the motorway.
- The bus driver, whose name has not been disclosed, was also killed.
- A total of 58 individuals were involved in the incident, including a 14-year-old boy receiving treatment in the hospital for life-changing injuries.
- According to a police statement, Jessica Baker tragically lost her life as a result of the collision on the M53 northbound carriageway.
Quick Glance: Sycamore Gap: Teenager arrested for felling Hadrian's Wall tree
- Tree felled at Sycamore Gap
- 16-year-old arrested for criminal damage
- Tree featured in Kevin Costner's film Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- National Trust shocked and saddened by loss of tree
Quick Glance: Energy price cap to decrease, concerns over higher household payments
- Energy bills are still almost double compared to three years ago.
- Experts predict that vulnerable households will continue to face average energy bills of around £2,000 in the coming years.
- Consumers are advised to submit their meter readings before October 1 to ensure accurate billing.
- The government must implement the recommendations from the recent report on addressing the energy bill crisis to support vulnerable households.
Quick Glance: September's Full Moon: Last Supermoon of the Year
- The full moon on September 29, known as the harvest moon, is also the fourth and final supermoon of 2023.
- It is expected to be fully illuminated until Saturday morning, according to NASA.
- A supermoon is a full moon that is closer to Earth than normal, appearing larger and brighter in the night sky.
- September's full moon will be approximately 5% bigger and 13% brighter than an average full moon, as stated by NASA.
High winds and heavy rain are expected across the UK and Ireland on Wednesday and Thursday.
Quick Glance: Storm Agnes Arrives in Ireland: Weather Warnings Activated
- Expected arrival in Northern Ireland at lunchtime.
- Yellow rain warning in place in Northern Ireland until 20:00, yellow wind warning until Thursday at 07:00.
- Storm Agnes brings strong and disruptive winds from Wednesday afternoon to early Thursday.
Recommended for you