Quick Glance: Norway shuts border to cars with Russian number plates
- Vehicles with Russian registration and nine or fewer seats are no longer allowed to enter Norway.
- Exceptions apply to vehicles with ten or more seats and vehicles for humanitarian reasons.
- Diplomatic vehicles and vehicles belonging to international organizations or state courier services are also exempt from the regulation.
- The Baltic States have also prohibited the entry of cars with Russian number plates.
Quick Glance: Putin meets Ex-Wagner commander Andrei Troshev
- Troshev was a former aide of deceased Wagner chief Yevgeny Prigozhin.
- He passed away after a brief march of Wagner troops on Moscow.
- President Putin assigned Mr Troshev to lead volunteer units in Ukraine.
- Mr Troshev now works in the defense ministry, according to Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov.
The alarm is ringing in two Romanian border towns. Residents should go ...
Alarm messages in the border region
Quick Glance: Romania Reports Violation of Airspace by Russian Drones
- Residents of Tulcea and Galati near the Ukrainian border received alarm messages
- Galati and Tulcea are located on the opposite bank of the Danube from Reni
- Alarm for Tulcea and Galati lifted after two hours
- Romania started building air-raid shelters on the Ukrainian border after finding drone debris
If they deviate from Kremlin propaganda, Russian military bloggers must expect ...
Hunters about Romania warning
Quick Glance: Romania warns of NATO confrontation with Russia
- Political scientist explains: Russian military bloggers face imprisonment and repression if they deviate from Kremlin propaganda
Quick Glance: US General Milley Criticizes Trump Upon Retirement
- US General Mark Milley retires after a four-year tenure.
- Milley emphasizes that US troops take an oath to the Constitution and not to a 'wannabe dictator'.
- Milley made the statement during a ceremony at Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall near Washington.
- Milley handed over command to General Charles Q. Austin.
Shutdown droht in den USA: Sprecher des Repräsentantenhauses will Aussetzung der Ukraine-Hilfe
Russia celebrates one year of annexation - and attacks western Ukraine with drones ...
War against Ukraine
Quick Glance: Kiev Plans Own Air Defense Systems
- Russia attacks western Ukraine with drones.
- Strack-Zimmermann demands immediate delivery of Taurus cruise missiles.
- Ukraine is developing new air defense systems due to outdated and scarce ammunition.
- Protection of Ukrainian cities improved with the acquisition of new weapons.
Russia is using the feared Ka-52 attack helicopters less and less as Ukraine becomes increasingly effective at eliminating them, the ISW says in its new report.
Quick Glance: Russian Athletes to Compete as Neutrals at Paris Paralympics, IPC Announces
- The IPC also voted for a partial suspension of Belarus, allowing its athletes to compete as neutrals as well.
- Belarus has served as a staging ground for Russian troops and weapons during the invasion.
- Now that the decision is behind us, the focus can shift to the sport and the performances of Para athletes as we approach the Paris 2024 Paralympic Games.
- The decision comes two weeks before the International Olympic Committee session in Mumbai, where the participation of Russia and Belarus at the Paris Olympics next year will also be discussed.
Twice a year more than 100,000 conscripts are drafted into basic military ...
Deployment in Ukraine optional
Quick Glance: Ukraine Exposes Russian Chaos Agents
- Ukraine has revealed Russian chaos agents to the world.
- Public support for Ukraine remains relatively stable ahead of the US elections.
- The American voter is not voting based on the Ukraine policy.
- President Trump will recognize that supporting the Ukrainian people and rebuilding Ukraine makes the most sense for the United States, Ukraine, and his own legacy.
Slovakia is heading to the polls today - and things are too close to call after what ...
Quick Glance: Slovakia: Election tests pro-Western values
- The upcoming election in Slovakia on September 30 was triggered by the collapse of a coalition of center-right parties that caused three years of chaos and discord in this small Central European state.
- That has resulted in strong support for the liberal Progressive Slovakia (PS).
- The PS promotes its credibility in reforms.
- Another election could follow soon.
Quick Glance: Estonia proposes complete EU trade embargo on Russia
- Estonian government supports EU proposal for complete trade ban on Russia.
- Blockade of EU-sanctioned goods to be implemented as well.
- Minister emphasizes that business with Russia supports war machinery.
- Earlier announcement expected for restrictions on Russian diamond trade.
NZZ news, background information, opinions from Switzerland, international, sport, digital, business, car & more ...
Quick Glance: Switzerland: Latest News
- Switzerland to be fully supplied from mandatory reserves for three to four months due to severe scarcity.
- The Federal Council intends to take action in case of miscalculated Covid tests.
- Covid-19 was the third leading cause of death in 2021.
- Cardiovascular diseases, cancer, and Covid were the most common causes of death in Switzerland in 2021.
Quick Glance: Ukraine reclaiming ground gradually, according to NATO chief
- Stoltenberg consistently advocates for increased support and faster delivery of air defense systems for Ukraine.
- NATO has framework contracts valued at 2.4 billion euros ($2.53 billion) for ammunition, including 1 billion euros in confirmed orders.
- Stoltenberg also condemned Russian attacks near the border of Ukraine and NATO member Romania.
Russian propagandists joke on TV that the Netherlands could be ...
“Perfect target for cluster munitions”
Quick Glance: Russian Propagandists Make Jokes About Attack on NATO State
- Russian propagandists joke on TV about attacking the Netherlands with cluster munitions
- The idea was spontaneously generated during banter
- Russia is unlikely to attack a NATO country lightly
- Russian propagandists are often known for their saber-rattling
Zelensky opens forum in bid to attract arms makers: Ukraine has depended heavily on western aid since Russia invaded last year.
Quick Glance: Putin meets South Sudan's leader to strengthen ties
- Russia's President Putin and South Sudan's President Kiir strengthened their relationship during a meeting in Moscow.
- Both parties agreed to expand their relationship in the areas of energy, trade, and notably, oil.
- South Sudan aims to have arms embargoes removed.
- Putin assured South Sudan of assistance in handling its domestic political situation and ensuring security.
Adults are responsible for Russia's war of aggression in Ukraine ...
UEFA brings back youth teams
Quick Glance: UEFA Brings Back Russian Youth Teams: Rummenigge and Watzke Support Decision
- Russian youth national teams return to UEFA level, while the ban on senior teams remains.
- Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and Hans-Joachim Watzke endorse the decision.
- The ban on Russian senior teams continues as long as the war in Ukraine persists.
- Ukraine urges UEFA to reconsider the decision and plans to boycott games against Russia.
Recommended for you