Quick Glance: Seven-Year-Old Boy Impresses Will Smith with His Performance
- Seven-year-old Desmond Koolen from Johannesburg caught Will Smith's attention this week with his performance on social media.
- Koolen, whose mother manages his social media accounts, will be performing in acting, singing, and modeling at the South African Championships on Friday.
- The video showcases a performance in front of the junior prep for his class assembly, where he demonstrates his talent in acting and singing after achieving great accolades at the National Eisteddfod.
- He is always laughing, dancing, and singing.
Burkina Faso's security and intelligence services have foiled a coup attempt, says the country's military government. It has been almost a year since the ... Show more
Quick Glance: South Sudan President Meets Putin in Russia
- Orthodox Christians celebrate the annual religious festival Meskel
- South Sudan President addresses the UN General Assembly
- Ethiopians celebrate the Meskel festival in Addis Ababa
- Ethiopian Orthodox pilgrims prepare for Christmas
Quick Glance: Devastating Impact of America's War on Afghanistan's Environment
- The long-term effects of exposure to America's military bases and burn pits remain unclear.
- The base commander shows us the location of a burn pit behind a locked gate on the international side of the airfield.
- He has been experiencing kidney problems for five years.
- The U.S. military primarily used open-air burn pits to dispose of its waste during the first four years in Afghanistan.
The Baltimore Orioles completed one of the greatest turnarounds in ...
'It's worth it'
Quick Glance: Orioles secure 30-year lease agreement for Camden Yards through in-game announcement
- The Orioles announced on Thursday night on the video board at Oriole Park that the team and Maryland Stadium Authority have reached a new 30-year lease agreement to keep the team in Baltimore.
- After the announcement, a jubilant Moore was seen in the Camden Yards concourse hugging people and affirming that the lease was for 30 years.
- The approval of the Maryland Stadium Authority board and the Board of Public Works is required.
- As part of their pursuit of a lease agreement, Angelos sought commercial development rights to state-owned parking lots B and C, which are situated on valuable land between Oriole Park at Camden Yards and the Ravens’ M&T Bank Stadium.
Quick Glance: Indian farmers protest water sharing amid drought
- Farmers in India's southern state of Karnataka began a day-long strike against the sharing of water from a river that also runs through the neighboring state of Tamil Nadu.
- The dispute over sharing the waters of the river Cauvery, on which millions of farmers in both states depend for irrigation, has been a long-standing legal battle.
- Protesters in Bengaluru chanted slogans like "Ours, ours, Cauvery is ours" and called for police and government officials to join the protest.
- The government of Tamil Nadu says Karnataka had failed to manage the river and must limit over-consumption of the shared resource.
President Cyril Ramaphosa’s cabinet has hailed the renaming of William ...
Quick Glance: Renaming to Winnie Mandela Drive: Recognizing the Fight for Freedom
- The renaming of William Nicol Drive in Sandton, Johannesburg, to Winnie Mandela Drive is celebrated as an important step in recognizing freedom fighters.
- Minister Khumbudzo Ntshavheni dismissed criticism that the renaming was an attempt to erase minority history.
- Excluding African and black history to protect the history of Afrikaans minorities, which negatively impacted black people, does not contribute to nation-building, Ntshavheni added.
- The renaming is therefore in line with building a united South Africa, acknowledging a suppressed past and the role of those who fought for the majority's freedom.
Quick Glance: Rare Aztec Ritual Offerings Exhibited in Mexico
- An exhibition showcases Aztec ritual offerings discovered beneath downtown Mexico City.
- Provides fresh insights into pre-Hispanic art and religious rituals.
- Most of the objects come from the ruins of the Aztecs' holiest shrine.
- The exhibition also features renowned Aztec wooden masterpieces on loan from other museums.
The Best Gear for Your Road Trips: After 120 hours of research and 1,500 miles behind the wheel, we’ve singled out the gear that’s absolutely essential for your ...
Quick Glance: Transnet CEO and CFO to Step Down
- Portia Derby, CEO of Transnet, to step down on October 31.
- Michelle Phillips will assume the role of CEO after Derby's departure.
- Nonkululeko Dlamini, CFO of Transnet, also resigns.
- Hlengiwe Makhathini appointed as acting CFO.
A truck’s trailer became detached and overturned with a tank of water on the Portmore toll road Friday afternoon. (Video: Garfield Robinson) www.jamaicaobserver.com/latest-news/watch-water-tank-detaches-from-truck-and-overturns-on-portmore-toll-road/
Quick Glance: Republicans initiate Biden impeachment inquiry over son's business dealings
- Republicans hold first hearing on impeachment inquiry, revealing foreign payments to Biden family members but no evidence of personal benefit to the president.
- Hearing reviews Republican evidence of Hunter Biden's foreign business ventures, alleging that Biden's family sold access.
- Biden accused of lying about family's business dealings and failing to separate them from his official duties.
- Republicans claim Biden and his family profited from policies pursued during Obama administration.
Armed suspects who bombed a cash-in-transit van in Springs on the East Rand only got away with the ...
Quick Glance: Police Capture Suspects within 3 Hours
- Suspects traveling in a Toyota Quantum were tracked down within three hours after allegedly committing the crime.
- Armed suspects who bombed a cash-in-transit van in Springs on the East Rand were only able to escape with the money for three hours before being traced by Gauteng police on the M1 highway.
- Police spokesperson Brig Athlenda Mathe said the heist occurred around 5pm on Wednesday when armed suspects forced a cash van to come to a stop.
- One suspect was shot dead during a shootout between police and suspects on Wednesday evening.
Kenya says it's confident the deployment of hundreds of its police to Haiti will end gang warfare there. But some are sceptical about sending officers to a ... Show more
Quick Glance: Kenya's Confidence: Police Deployment to End Haiti Gang War
- Kenya is confident that its police deployment will bring an end to the gang war in Haiti by January.
- The high school student was arrested by the police in central Uganda on September 18.
- The Uganda Police Force emphasized that there was no connection with the company and the job advertisement for waiters, waitresses, coffee packers, and supermarket attendants in Kenya was fraudulent.
- In a statement, it was made clear that anyone predicting a coup would face arrest and prosecution.
Quick Glance: No Tritium Found in Fish 1 Month After Fukushima Water Release
- No measurable amount of tritium found in fish samples near the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant.
- Latest sample of two olive flounders on Sunday did not contain tritium.
- Government provides almost daily updates on the water release to dispel harmful rumors about environmental impact.
- No traces of tritium found in 64 fish collected near the discharge outlet since August 8.
Climate change is making water a scarce commodity. Drinking water is lacking in many French ...
Social consequences of global warming
Quick Glance: Water Scarcity in France due to Climate Change
- Around 40,000 people in France are left without access to drinking water after a hot summer.
- All sectors are expected to reduce water usage by 10 percent by 2030.
- Large agricultural businesses in France are preparing for climate change and reduced water availability with MÃ©gabassines.
- The water consumption of golf courses in France is being criticized.
Afrikanerbond slams ANC for renaming of William Nicol Drive: Afrikanerbond says history is being erased after renaming William Nicol to Winnie mandela Drive.
Recommended for you