Quick Glance: Dianne Feinstein, California Senator and Pioneer of Liberal Priorities, Dies at 90
- California Senator Dianne Feinstein, a moderate Democrat and advocate for liberal causes, has passed away at the age of 90.
- Feinstein was a trailblazer and champion in local and national politics.
- President Joe Biden described her as a pioneering American and a cherished friend.
- Feinstein's bipartisan efforts led to legislative wins throughout her career.
Quick Glance: North Texas federal employees prepare for upcoming government shutdown
- Federal employees in North Texas seeking assistance from local food banks and community centers.
- A shutdown is unnecessary and avoidable, hopefully it doesn't happen.
- Sen. Patty Murray blocked the proposal but argued for continued pay for all federal workers.
- Ted Cruz would pause his paychecks in the event of a shutdown.
Quick Glance: US Government Faces Shutdown as Republicans Reject Funding Bill
- Hardline Republicans in the House reject bill to fund government temporarily
- Shutdown expected to begin on Sunday
- Measure to extend funding by 30 days defeated
- 21 hardline House Republicans side with Democrats to defeat the bill
Quick Glance: US General Milley Criticizes Trump Upon Retirement
- US General Mark Milley retires after a four-year tenure.
- Milley emphasizes that US troops take an oath to the Constitution and not to a 'wannabe dictator'.
- Milley made the statement during a ceremony at Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall near Washington.
- Milley handed over command to General Charles Q. Austin.
Backlash ensued after Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer moved to relax its ...
Quick Glance: Senate Officializes Dress Code After Recent Repeal
- Senate Majority Leader Schumer orders end to enforcing an informal dress code.
- The change is primarily aimed at accommodating John Fetterman, who wears casual clothing since his hospitalization for depression.
- Fetterman will now wear a suit and continue voting from the door while wearing casual clothing.
- Romney acknowledged this in his remarks on the Senate floor after the resolution passed.
Quick Glance: Calls for Bob Menendez's Resignation
- Senator Bob Menendez to make first remarks following indictment
- Democratic senators call for Bob Menendez's resignation
- Many Democratic officials in New Jersey also call for Menendez's resignation
- Democratic Representative Andy Kim to challenge Menendez
The military will provide help with analysis, logistics and explosives handling, the PM says.
Quick Glance: Swedish PM convenes army and police chiefs to address gang violence
- Sweden's prime minister has called for a meeting with the head of the armed forces and the police commissioner to tackle the increase in gang-related violence.
- At least 11 individuals have been victims of the violence in September.
- The opposition Social Democrats are advocating for a change in the law to allow military assistance in combating gang violence.
- The police estimate that approximately 30,000 people in Sweden are directly linked to gang crime.
Embattled Congress lurches toward midnight shutdown: Congress is lurching toward a shutdown that would begin early Sunday morning, with House Republicans ...
Quick Glance: Impending Government Shutdown in the US
- Republicans narrowly control the House, while Democrats hold the Senate by a single seat.
- In a closed-door meeting, Mr McCarthy stated that Republicans must choose between the House bill or the Senate's version to avoid being blamed for a shutdown.
- The White House supports Mr Schumer's call for the House to back his spending bill.
- The path to fund the government has been outlined by the Senate with bipartisan support - House Republicans just need to take it, according to press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre's statement on Friday.
Quick Glance: Kari Lake to Launch Campaign for Contested U.S. Seat in Arizona
- Republican Kari Lake, an ally of Trump and election denier, will soon announce her campaign for the U.S. Senate seat held by Kyrsten Sinema.
- The Arizona race is a key target for Republicans aiming to regain the Senate majority.
- Lake will compete against Pinal County Sheriff Mark Lamb in the Republican primary.
- Other potential Republican candidates have held off from entering the race while Lake considered her plans.
Quick Glance: Lively Indictment of Bob Menendez in New Jersey
- A senator from New Jersey and his unusual savings habits
- More than two dozen Democratic senators call for Menendez's resignation
- Pennsylvania swing voters may see advertisements about Menendez
- Stay up to date on American politics with Checks and Balance
Quick Glance: Republicans initiate Biden impeachment inquiry over son's business dealings
- Republicans hold first hearing on impeachment inquiry, revealing foreign payments to Biden family members but no evidence of personal benefit to the president.
- Hearing reviews Republican evidence of Hunter Biden's foreign business ventures, alleging that Biden's family sold access.
- Biden accused of lying about family's business dealings and failing to separate them from his official duties.
- Republicans claim Biden and his family profited from policies pursued during Obama administration.
Eleven dead in one month: In Sweden, violence between criminal gangs is ...
Wave of violence
Quick Glance: Swedish Prime Minister to Deploy Military Against Gang Crime
- Violence between criminal gangs escalates in Sweden with eleven deaths in a month
- Prime Minister Ulf Kristersson resorts to drastic measures
- Military to be called upon for assistance following recent clashes between rival gangs
- Wave of violence centered around the Foxtrot network: connections to fatal incidents
Quick Glance: Chinese Hackers Steal 60,000 Emails from US State Department in Microsoft Hack, Senate Staffer Says
- Chinese hackers infiltrated Microsoft's email platform and stole tens of thousands of emails from US State Department accounts this year.
- According to a Senate staffer who informed Reuters, we need to strengthen our defense against such cyber attacks and intrusions in the future.
- The US State Department has not yet responded to a request for comment.
Quick Glance: US Senate Considers Cannabis Banking Reform, Industry Demands More
- A US Senate committee will vote on a bill to grant the legal cannabis industry access to banking.
- The disconnect between federal and state governments is concerning for the $13.2 billion legal marijuana industry.
- Meanwhile, 22 states have legalized cannabis for medical or recreational purposes.
- The CEO of the National Cannabis Industry Association expressed frustration with the ongoing discussions.
Twice a year more than 100,000 conscripts are drafted into basic military ...
Deployment in Ukraine optional
Quick Glance: Ukraine Exposes Russian Chaos Agents
- Ukraine has revealed Russian chaos agents to the world.
- Public support for Ukraine remains relatively stable ahead of the US elections.
- The American voter is not voting based on the Ukraine policy.
- President Trump will recognize that supporting the Ukrainian people and rebuilding Ukraine makes the most sense for the United States, Ukraine, and his own legacy.
Quick Glance: Biden and Trump compete for the favor of workers in Michigan
- President Biden and former President Trump emphasize the importance of the working class in Michigan.
- Trump won the battleground states of Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania in 2016, which Biden reclaimed in 2020.
- Biden won the union vote in Michigan with 62% in 2020.
- In 2012, Obama won nonwhite working-class voters by a large margin.
Quick Glance: US soldier Travis King undergoes medical evaluation after being released from North Korea
- Following his expulsion from North Korea, US soldier Travis King has been admitted to a US military hospital in Texas for medical evaluation.
- According to Army spokesperson Bryce Dubee, King is currently at the Brooke Army Medical Center on the base.
- On July 18, King ran from South Korea into North Korea and was immediately taken into custody by the North Korean authorities.
- It appears that North Korea treated his case as one involving illegal immigration.
Quick Glance: Federal Judge Declares Ban on Certain Drag Shows Unconstitutional
- A federal judge declared that Texas cannot enforce a new law restricting some public drag shows as it is unconstitutional.
- U.S. District Judge David Hittner found that Senate Bill 12 infringes on the First Amendment and limits free speech.
- The law, now deemed unconstitutional, prohibited performers from dancing suggestively or wearing certain prosthetics in front of children.
- Similar laws in other states that restrict drag performances have also been ruled unconstitutional by federal courts.
Quick Glance: Putin meets Ex-Wagner commander Andrei Troshev
- Troshev was a former aide of deceased Wagner chief Yevgeny Prigozhin.
- He passed away after a brief march of Wagner troops on Moscow.
- President Putin assigned Mr Troshev to lead volunteer units in Ukraine.
- Mr Troshev now works in the defense ministry, according to Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov.
Recommended for you