Quick Glance: Dianne Feinstein, California Senator and Pioneer of Liberal Priorities, Dies at 90
- California Senator Dianne Feinstein, a moderate Democrat and advocate for liberal causes, has passed away at the age of 90.
- Feinstein was a trailblazer and champion in local and national politics.
- President Joe Biden described her as a pioneering American and a cherished friend.
- Feinstein's bipartisan efforts led to legislative wins throughout her career.
Quick Glance: Free COVID Tests by Mail Starting Monday
- California-based iHealth is among 12 US manufacturers receiving government investment to offer free tests by mail before the winter COVID season.
- Starting Monday, September 25, the government will send up to four free COVID-19 rapid tests per household to those who request them.
- Many programs that provided free COVID testing, treatment, and vaccinations to Americans ended when the pandemic emergency designation expired.
- The Department of Health and Human Services is now investing $600 million in COVID test manufacturing through its Administration for Strategic Preparedness and Response.
The marker for Mexicantown and Tejano Music is the first of Michigan's 1,800 historic markers to directly recognize the contributions of Latinos.
Former President Trump said late Thursday the Republican ...
Quick Glance: Trump urges RNC to fight election interference and Pennsylvania scam instead of hosting debates
- Trump calls on the RNC to stop hosting debates and focus on combating 'election interference and the Pennsylvania voter registration scam.'
- The debates should be ended as they are detrimental to the Republican Party!
- Trump referred to Chris Christie as a disaster and a Trump-obsessed lunatic.
"There's something dangerous happening in America."President Biden says Donald Trump's political movement is a fundamental threat to American ... Show more
Quick Glance: Biden warns: Trump's movement threatens American democracy
- President Joe Biden issues a strong warning about ongoing existential threats to US democracy in a significant address on Thursday.
- Biden sharpens the central argument for a potential rematch with Donald Trump and urges voters to prioritize the health of American institutions.
- Many senior Democrats believe that once voters see the 2024 election as a contest between Biden and Trump, the significance will be clearer and the current president's standing will improve.
- Make no mistake: Donald Trump and his MAGA Republicans are determined to destroy American democracy.
Quick Glance: Trump warns of automatic voter registration in Pennsylvania
- Former President Donald Trump warns of the impact of automatic voter registration in Pennsylvania.
- Pennsylvania will introduce automatic voter registration ahead of the 2024 election.
- 23 other states already use automatic voter registration.
- Trump calls on the Pennsylvania Republican Party to fight against this process.
Quick Glance: Analysis: Polluted Air Threatens Europe
- Air pollution is a widespread issue in Europe.
- Eastern Europe experiences particularly poor air quality.
- Cities in Saxony, such as Dresden, Bautzen, Görlitz, and Zittau, are the most affected.
- Over 300,000 premature deaths in Europe are attributed to poor air quality, according to the EU Environmental Agency.
Quick Glance: Biden and Trump compete for the favor of workers in Michigan
- President Biden and former President Trump emphasize the importance of the working class in Michigan.
- Trump won the battleground states of Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania in 2016, which Biden reclaimed in 2020.
- Biden won the union vote in Michigan with 62% in 2020.
- In 2012, Obama won nonwhite working-class voters by a large margin.
Breaking: Jacinta Allan will become Victoria’s next premier, running for the leadership unopposed. Ben Carroll will become her deputy.www.theage.com.au/politics/victoria/daniel-andrews-resignation-live-updates-victorian-premier-s-tenure-to-end-at-5pm-today-after-nine-years-in-power-jacinta-allan-tipped-as-successor-20230926-p5e7ss.html
Quick Glance: Batwoman warns of new highly risky Corona viruses
- Renowned virologist Shi Zhengli warns of further disease outbreaks caused by new Corona viruses.
- The Corona virus continues to circulate worldwide in new variants, causing waves of infections.
- Shi Zhengli warns of new outbreaks caused by Corona viruses, despite China's denial.
- Six variants have already infected humans and at least three more have infected animals.
Quick Glance: Donald Trump held accountable for fraud in New York civil case
- Engoron also ordered the cancellation of certificates that allowed some of Trump's businesses, including the Trump Organization, to operate in New York, and appointed a receiver to manage the businesses' dissolution.
- The judge described how Trump, his adult sons Donald Jr. and Eric, the Trump Organization, and other defendants fabricated valuations and inflated Trump's net worth to meet their business needs.
- Christopher Kise, a lawyer representing Trump, stated, 'Today's scandalous decision is completely detached from the facts and the applicable law.'
- James expressed anticipation in presenting the remaining aspects of her case in court.
The confirmed corona numbers are already going up - even before the winter temperatures ...
Quick Glance: Finance Minister Lindner tests positive for Coronavirus
- Confirmed Coronavirus cases increasing before winter temperatures
- Finance Minister Christian Lindner affected
Quick Glance: Ron DeSantis and Gavin Newsom Set to Face Off in November Debate
- Republican Florida Governor Ron DeSantis and Democratic California Governor Gavin Newsom will go head-to-head in November.
- DeSantis is currently polling second in the race for the Republican nomination, trailing frontrunner Donald Trump by over 40 points.
- Both politicians are newcomers on the national political stage, with concerns over the age of President Biden and ex-President Trump.
- The November debate between the two governors is mostly an exercise in positioning for the 2028 presidential election.
Quick Glance: North Texas federal employees prepare for upcoming government shutdown
- Federal employees in North Texas seeking assistance from local food banks and community centers.
- A shutdown is unnecessary and avoidable, hopefully it doesn't happen.
- Sen. Patty Murray blocked the proposal but argued for continued pay for all federal workers.
- Ted Cruz would pause his paychecks in the event of a shutdown.
Quick Glance: Dallas Mayor Joins GOP, Criticizes Democratic Policies
- Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson announced his party switch and will now serve as a Republican-affiliated mayor in the blue-leaning city.
- In a Wall Street Journal op-ed, he criticized his former party for 'exacerbated crime and homelessness'. 'The future of America’s great urban centers depends on the willingness of the nation’s mayors to champion law and order and practice fiscal conservatism,' Johnson wrote.
- President Joe Biden won Dallas County by over 30 points in the 2020 election.
- The Texas Democratic Party issued a scathing statement, accusing Johnson of being dishonest with Dallas voters.
Quick Glance: Kari Lake to Launch Campaign for Contested U.S. Seat in Arizona
- Republican Kari Lake, an ally of Trump and election denier, will soon announce her campaign for the U.S. Senate seat held by Kyrsten Sinema.
- The Arizona race is a key target for Republicans aiming to regain the Senate majority.
- Lake will compete against Pinal County Sheriff Mark Lamb in the Republican primary.
- Other potential Republican candidates have held off from entering the race while Lake considered her plans.
Quick Glance: Calls for Bob Menendez's Resignation
- Senator Bob Menendez to make first remarks following indictment
- Democratic senators call for Bob Menendez's resignation
- Many Democratic officials in New Jersey also call for Menendez's resignation
- Democratic Representative Andy Kim to challenge Menendez
Corona vaccination season starts with preparations adapted to current virus variants ...
New Corona vaccines available
Quick Glance: New Corona vaccines available: Karl Lauterbach receives injection
- Launch of new Corona vaccination season with Biontech vaccine adapted to current virus variants
- Health Minister Karl Lauterbach speaks about the Corona situation in the upcoming autumn
- Involvement of Robert Koch Institute President Lars Schaade
- Uncertainty about the extent of the Corona wave in autumn and winter
After last year's brutal shutout, Crossings Christian refused to fall to Luther again. Crossings defeated the Lions, 21-18, to start district play.
Quick Glance: Record Number of Marriages in 2022; Singapore's Population Aging Rapidly
- 2022 witnessed a surge in couples getting married, despite the challenges posed by the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The government's annual report on population reveals a significant increase in the percentage of marriages, from 11.7% in 2013 to 19.1% in 2023.
- In 2022, there were 24,767 citizen marriages, compared to 23,433 in 2021.
- The median age at first marriage for citizen grooms and brides in 2022 was 30.5 and 28.8 years, respectively.
As of today, risk groups can be boosted with the adapted corona vaccine. Health Minister Lauterbach ...
Lauterbach on Corona
Quick Glance: Lauterbach warns of long-term effects and recommends mask usage
- Health Minister Lauterbach has received his vaccination and advises others to do the same.
- Federal Health Minister Lauterbach comments on the current COVID situation.
- Long-term effects such as Long Covid could continue to emerge.
- Lauterbach recommends people with risk factors to wear masks again.
Quick Glance: Republicans initiate Biden impeachment inquiry over son's business dealings
- Republicans hold first hearing on impeachment inquiry, revealing foreign payments to Biden family members but no evidence of personal benefit to the president.
- Hearing reviews Republican evidence of Hunter Biden's foreign business ventures, alleging that Biden's family sold access.
- Biden accused of lying about family's business dealings and failing to separate them from his official duties.
- Republicans claim Biden and his family profited from policies pursued during Obama administration.
#LIVE : Prime Minister Anthony Albanese is announcing an inquiry into the COVID-19 pandemic. READ: nine.social/m0o
Quick Glance: Australia plans independent inquiry into COVID pandemic response
- A three-member panel, including an epidemiologist, public service expert, and economist, will conduct the inquiry, Prime Minister Anthony Albanese announced at a press conference.
- Albanese stated the need to examine successes and areas for improvement with a focus on the future.
- The opposition coalition, which was in power during the peak of the pandemic, expressed concerns about the inquiry becoming a 'witch-hunt'.
- The opposition also criticized Albanese's government for excluding state-level restrictions, such as the stop-start lockdowns imposed by the Victoria government of Melbourne, which endured a total of 262 days in lockdown, one of the longest in the world.
Quick Glance: Youngkin refrains from endorsing in presidential primary for now
- Virginia Governor Glenn Youngkin (R) is not likely to endorse any candidate in the 2024 presidential primary at this time.
- Youngkin, a well-regarded Republican, has hinted at potential White House ambitions.
- The governor also dismissed questions about presidential candidates' age, criticizing President Biden.
- Youngkin emphasized that the key factor is whether they can do the job.
Quick Glance: Anticipation for Second GOP Primary Debate
- Dana Perino of Fox News expects candidates to present a serious challenge to former President Trump.
- The debate is not just a showcase for the candidates.
- Perino, a former press aide to President George W. Bush, is one of the three moderators.
- Trump, the clear frontrunner, has announced he will not attend.
he warning signals coming from Australia are clear: a severe wave of influenza could ...
Vaccination strongly recommended
Quick Glance: Flu Wave Warning: Urgent Vaccination Recommended
- Winter could bring a severe flu wave, as indicated by warnings from Australia.
- Vaccination is not unnecessary, despite not always preventing infection.
- Flu wave usually peaks after the New Year.
- The course and severity of the wave cannot be predicted.
Republican presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy says his plan would help put concerns about the 2020 election "behind us."
Quick Glance: California increases minimum wage for fast food workers to $20
- Fast food workers in California will receive a minimum wage of at least $20 per hour starting next year.
- California's minimum wage for all other workers, $15.50 per hour, is already one of the highest in the United States.
- Most fast food workers in California are over 18 and the primary providers for their families.
- The minimum wage increase takes effect on April 1 and applies to workers in restaurants with at least 60 nationwide locations.
Quick Glance: Biden warns: 'MAGA' movement threatens American democracy
- President Biden warns of the threat to American democracy posed by Trump and the 'MAGA' movement.
- Biden highlights the distinction between himself and his likely opponent in the 2024 elections.
- The president emphasizes the importance of the Constitution as the defining feature of democracy.
- Biden acknowledges that the Republican Party is influenced by extreme 'MAGA' Republicans.
Quick Glance: London Gatwick cancels over 160 flights due to staff sickness
- 30% of air traffic control staff are unavailable for medical reasons, including Covid.
- Decision ensures reliable flight programs and minimizes disruptions.
- Collaboration with NATS to strengthen control tower resilience.
- Major delays last week also caused by staff shortage.
Quick Glance: Ramaswamy responds to rising unfavorability in polls
- Republican presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy pushes back against polls showing his rising unfavorability.
- Ramaswamy claims that people are annoyed by his rise.
- He states that many people believe a 38-year-old is too young to be U.S. president.
- Ramaswamy expresses confidence in winning the election.
Recommended for you