Republican presidential contender Nikki Haley, the former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations ...
Quick Glance: Nikki Haley: Republican Presidential Contender in 2024?
- Haley, 51, is a respected conservative in the Republican Party who can credibly address questions about gender and race.
- She held leadership positions in various business organizations before winning a seat in the South Carolina state legislature in 2004.
- Elected governor of South Carolina, she was the first woman to hold that position in the southern part of the country and the second person of Indian descent to serve as a governor in the United States.
- She also appointed Tim Scott, a current competitor in the Republican presidential primary, to the U.S. Senate in 2012.
Quick Glance: F-35 fighter jets fly only 55% of the time, according to US watchdog
- Report on $160mn combat aircraft follows a crash in South Carolina
- Maintenance issues affect the fleet of F-35 fighter jets
- The fleet's mission-capable rate is only 55%, far below the Pentagon's target
- Maintenance challenges impact the readiness of F-35 aircraft
Quick Glance: Trump's Desire to Purchase a Glock Raises Legal Questions
- Officials express concerns about violence threats towards the former president.
- Charges could make it illegal to sell him a firearm.
Quick Glance: Trump pretends to support workers amid UAW strike
- The former president is undeniably trying to impress Michigan workers.
- Trump repeatedly boasted about his extensive infrastructure plans, promoting one infrastructure week after another.
- Trump successfully passed a significant legislation: $1.5 trillion in tax cuts that primarily benefited the wealthy and corporations, while providing minimal benefits to workers like the UAW members on strike.
- When it comes to unions, Trump doesn't genuinely support them - what he supports is union members supporting him.
Quick Glance: Alex Murdaugh acknowledges guilt for financial crimes — first time confessing to a judge
- Convicted murderer Alex Murdaugh did something on Thursday that he has never done before in the two years since his privileged and powerful life started to deteriorate—he acknowledged guilt before a judge.
- Murdaugh confessed to 22 charges of financial fraud and money laundering in federal court.
- In exchange, authorities receive a requirement that is included in almost every plea deal and is particularly significant in this case.
- The federal charges against the disgraced attorney, whose family served as both prosecutors and founders of a prominent law firm that no longer bears the Murdaugh name in tiny Hampton County, involve the theft of money from some clients and others, as well as the creation of fraudulent bank accounts.
Trump’s visit to SC gun shop was a message, not a mistake | Opinion: Don’t dismiss the danger Trump is purposely courting. He did it recently in South Carolina ...
Quick Glance: Suspected Debris of Missing Fighter Jet Found
- Pilot safely ejected from F-35 Lightning II
- Debris discovered in Williamsburg County
- Military seeks public's help in locating F-35
- F-35 is considered one of the most advanced fighter jets in the world
Quick Glance: London police force fights corruption and misconduct
- Over 1,000 suspended or on restricted duties police officers in London
- Pressure on police to dismiss officers with misconduct and change macho culture
- Independent review criticizes lack of vetting and training of officers
- Number of officer dismissals for gross misconduct increased by 66% in the past 12 months
Quick Glance: Tim Scott refers to girlfriend as 'lovely Christian girl' during Iowa campaign event
- Scott discussed his girlfriend and reflected on his upbringing and faith during an Iowa campaign event.
- He attended the annual fall banquet of the Iowa Faith and Freedom Coalition in Des Moines, a must-attend event for Republican presidential candidates.
- Scott confirmed his relationship with his girlfriend, who has not been publicly identified, to The Washington Post and addressed discrimination and bias.
- Scott has made his faith a cornerstone of not only his presidential campaign but also his entire political career.
Recommended for you