Quick Glance: Germany Needs Veteran's Day: Defense Minister Pistorius
- Pistorius supports the introduction of a Veteran's Day to honor soldiers.
- Statement made during the closing event of the Invictus Games in Düsseldorf.
- Invictus Games in Düsseldorf concluded after a one-week sports event.
- The next Invictus Games will take place in Vancouver in February 2025.
Quick Glance: Putin meets Ex-Wagner commander Andrei Troshev
- Troshev was a former aide of deceased Wagner chief Yevgeny Prigozhin.
- He passed away after a brief march of Wagner troops on Moscow.
- President Putin assigned Mr Troshev to lead volunteer units in Ukraine.
- Mr Troshev now works in the defense ministry, according to Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov.
Quick Glance: First Abrams tanks already in Ukraine - Zelenskyy
- Sources in the US Department of Defense report that the first US Abrams tanks have been delivered to Ukraine earlier than expected.
- The exact number of tanks delivered so far has not been specified.
- Initially, 10 tanks were planned to be sent to Ukraine.
- The M1 Abrams will join other tanks in Ukraine's arsenal and potentially contribute to the liberation of Russian-held territory in the eastern and southern regions.
Quick Glance: Canada's House speaker resigns over inviting a Nazi fighter to Parliament
- Canada's House speaker resigns for inviting an individual who fought for a Nazi military unit during World War II to Parliament to attend a speech by the Ukrainian president.
- After Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy delivered an address in the House of Commons, a standing ovation was given to 98-year-old Yaroslav Hunka when Speaker Anthony Rota highlighted his presence.
- Rota introduced Hunka as a war hero of the First Ukrainian Division.
- Rota stepped down after a meeting with the House of Commons' party leaders.
Quick Glance: Ukraine reclaiming ground gradually, according to NATO chief
- Stoltenberg consistently advocates for increased support and faster delivery of air defense systems for Ukraine.
- NATO has framework contracts valued at 2.4 billion euros ($2.53 billion) for ammunition, including 1 billion euros in confirmed orders.
- Stoltenberg also condemned Russian attacks near the border of Ukraine and NATO member Romania.
Quick Glance: US to Provide Long-Range ATACMS Missiles to Kyiv - Media Reports
- According to media reports, Ukraine will receive ATACMS missiles with a range of up to 300 km.
- This would allow Kyiv to target Russian positions deep behind the front line.
- President Biden reportedly informed Ukrainian President Zelensky that Kyiv would receive 'a small number' of ATACMS missiles.
- The US and Ukraine have not officially confirmed the American media reports.
On "Anne Will," Sahra Wagenknecht is haunted by an old ...
"Anne Will" talk on the war in Ukraine
Quick Glance: Anne Will: Guests and Topic on 17.9.
- Guests discuss the Ukraine war
- Questions about continued US support for Ukraine
- Debate on delivering cruise missiles to Ukraine
- Topic: What leads to peace?
Quick Glance: Ukraine breaks through final Russian defense line
- Clarity emerges behind the attack on the headquarters of the Russian Black Sea Fleet in Sevastopol.
- The USA promises Ukraine a limited number of ATACMS missiles.
- Recent events in the war against Ukraine.
- Ukraine breaks through the final Russian defense line in Zaporizhia.
UEFA decided on Tuesday to readmit Russian youth teams. In addition to Ukraine, England ...
If Russia takes part
Quick Glance: Ukraine boycotts UEFA competitions if Russia participates
- England, Denmark, Sweden, and Poland announce teams won't play against Russian teams
- English and Swedish associations reject Russian teams
- UEFA allows Russian youth teams despite ongoing attack on Ukraine
Quick Glance: Outrage over Merz's Accusations against rejected Asylum Seekers
- CDU leader fuels division with false statements
- Merz faces sharp criticism beyond the talk show
The alarm is ringing in two Romanian border towns. Residents should go ...
Alarm messages in the border region
Quick Glance: Romania Reports Violation of Airspace by Russian Drones
- Residents of Tulcea and Galati near the Ukrainian border received alarm messages
- Galati and Tulcea are located on the opposite bank of the Danube from Reni
- Alarm for Tulcea and Galati lifted after two hours
- Romania started building air-raid shelters on the Ukrainian border after finding drone debris
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy told 60 Minutes correspondent Scott Pelley the world must unite against Russian President Vladimir Putin ... Show more
Quick Glance: Zelenskyy warns of Putin and impending World War III
- Zelenskyy warns that Putin could cause World War III if not stopped in Ukraine.
- Zelenskyy says Putin is counting on U.S. instability during the 2024 election.
- Zelenskyy says drone strikes will continue if Russia keeps attacking infrastructure.
Quick Glance: Russian Black Sea Fleet Commander Killed; No Comment from Moscow
- Commander of the Russian Black Sea Fleet, Vice-Admiral Viktor Sokolov, killed in an attack in Sevastopol.
- Ukrainian special forces also killed 33 other officers.
- The exact number of casualties is still unclear.
- The Russian defense ministry states that one soldier is missing and was not killed.
Russia is attacking the Ukrainian port city of Odessa with drones, rockets and cruise ...
Massive Russian air strike
Quick Glance: Massive Russian Air Strike: Significant Damage Reported in Odessa Port
- The Kempinski Odessa Hotel was heavily damaged according to Ukrainian reports.
- Russia attacked the southern Ukrainian port city of Odessa with drones and missiles.
- Ukrainian defense forces shot down 19 drones and 13 Caliber cruise missiles, 11 of which were in the Odessa region.
- A civilian was injured in Odessa.
NZZ news, background information, opinions from Switzerland, international, sport, digital, business, car & more ...
Quick Glance: Switzerland: Latest News
- Switzerland to be fully supplied from mandatory reserves for three to four months due to severe scarcity.
- The Federal Council intends to take action in case of miscalculated Covid tests.
- Covid-19 was the third leading cause of death in 2021.
- Cardiovascular diseases, cancer, and Covid were the most common causes of death in Switzerland in 2021.
Russia celebrates one year of annexation - and attacks western Ukraine with drones ...
War against Ukraine
Quick Glance: Kiev Plans Own Air Defense Systems
- Russia attacks western Ukraine with drones.
- Strack-Zimmermann demands immediate delivery of Taurus cruise missiles.
- Ukraine is developing new air defense systems due to outdated and scarce ammunition.
- Protection of Ukrainian cities improved with the acquisition of new weapons.
En el terreno en parte masivamente minado del sur de Ucrania, a Ucrania le está costando ...
En total llegarán 31
Quick Glance: First Abrams tanks arrive in Ukraine
- Abrams M1 will soon be deployed on the Ukrainian front.
- Ukraine faces challenges in liberating heavily mined areas in the south.
- US Abrams tanks expected to boost the counteroffensive.
- President Selenskyj announces arrival of first Abrams tanks.
Quick Glance: US General Milley Criticizes Trump Upon Retirement
- US General Mark Milley retires after a four-year tenure.
- Milley emphasizes that US troops take an oath to the Constitution and not to a 'wannabe dictator'.
- Milley made the statement during a ceremony at Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall near Washington.
- Milley handed over command to General Charles Q. Austin.
Quick Glance: Lawrow accuses the West of direct confrontation with Russia
- Russian Foreign Minister Lawrow strongly criticizes the West again.
- Allies of Ukraine are directly fighting with Russia through financial aid and weapons supplies.
- Kremlin claims the West is a threat to Russia and supports Ukraine in a war against Moscow.
- Russia has no interest in a major war, Lawrow emphasizes.
Shutdown droht in den USA: Sprecher des Repräsentantenhauses will Aussetzung der Ukraine-Hilfe
Quick Glance: Divergent Views on Immigration: Emmanuel Macron and Pope Francis
- The French president and the pontiff will meet during an episcopal visit to Marseille.
- Macron advocates for firmness and control of migratory flows, while the pope supports the broadest possible reception of foreigners.
- The pope is expected to offer a prayer for migrants who have disappeared at sea.
- On Saturday, he is scheduled to meet French President Emmanuel Macron in Marseille.
Russia is using the feared Ka-52 attack helicopters less and less as Ukraine becomes increasingly effective at eliminating them, the ISW says in its new report.
Slovakia is heading to the polls today - and things are too close to call after what ...
Quick Glance: Slovakia: Election tests pro-Western values
- The upcoming election in Slovakia on September 30 was triggered by the collapse of a coalition of center-right parties that caused three years of chaos and discord in this small Central European state.
- That has resulted in strong support for the liberal Progressive Slovakia (PS).
- The PS promotes its credibility in reforms.
- Another election could follow soon.
Quick Glance: Russell Brand addresses sexual assault allegations
- Brand denied the claims before they were published, emphasizing that his relationships were always consensual.
- In a three-minute video, the actor and comedian did not directly address the allegations but made statements about what he described as 'media corruption and censorship' and 'deep state and corporate collusion'.
- In an investigation by the Sunday Times, Times, and Channel 4, four women made allegations against Brand:
- One woman alleges that Brand raped her without a condom against a wall in his Los Angeles home. She says Brand tried to stop her from leaving until she told him she was going to the bathroom.
Recommended for you