Quick Glance: Republicans initiate Biden impeachment inquiry over son's business dealings
- Republicans hold first hearing on impeachment inquiry, revealing foreign payments to Biden family members but no evidence of personal benefit to the president.
- Hearing reviews Republican evidence of Hunter Biden's foreign business ventures, alleging that Biden's family sold access.
- Biden accused of lying about family's business dealings and failing to separate them from his official duties.
- Republicans claim Biden and his family profited from policies pursued during Obama administration.
Quick Glance: US General Milley Criticizes Trump Upon Retirement
- US General Mark Milley retires after a four-year tenure.
- Milley emphasizes that US troops take an oath to the Constitution and not to a 'wannabe dictator'.
- Milley made the statement during a ceremony at Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall near Washington.
- Milley handed over command to General Charles Q. Austin.
You can no longer ignore it: whether foreign policy, growth, economics, competitiveness or investments - Germany ...
Quick Glance: Germany in Decline
- Germany drops in competitiveness ranking, losing ground.
- Political mistakes have negative consequences on the economy and businesses.
- More companies and citizens are leaving the country.
- Taxes remain top-notch, encouraging skilled workers to emigrate.
Former President Trump said late Thursday the Republican ...
Quick Glance: Trump urges RNC to fight election interference and Pennsylvania scam instead of hosting debates
- Trump calls on the RNC to stop hosting debates and focus on combating 'election interference and the Pennsylvania voter registration scam.'
- The debates should be ended as they are detrimental to the Republican Party!
- Trump referred to Chris Christie as a disaster and a Trump-obsessed lunatic.
The marker for Mexicantown and Tejano Music is the first of Michigan's 1,800 historic markers to directly recognize the contributions of Latinos.
Home: USA TODAY delivers current national and local news, sports, entertainment, finance, technology, and more through award-winning journalism, photos ...
Quick Glance: Judge denies 'fake electors' attempts to move cases to federal court
- Judge denies 'fake electors' attempts to move cases to federal court.
- Judge Jones denies defendants' requests to move their cases.
- Judge Jones rules that 'fake electors' were not federal officials.
- Judge denies defendants' argument of acting under the direction of other federal officers.
Quick Glance: Trump fails to delay New York civil fraud trial
- Trump and his adult children will be called as witnesses.
- Judge Engoron ruled that Trump is liable for business fraud.
- The Trump Organization is accused of inflating the value of their properties.
- Trump's legal team attempted to delay the case.
Quick Glance: Trump found liable for fraud in New York civil lawsuit
- The court determined that the documents presented here contain fraudulent valuations that the defendants used in their business.
- Attorney General Letitia James filed a lawsuit against Mr. Trump last September, accusing him, his two adult sons, and the Trump Organization of lying about his net worth and asset values between 2011 and 2021.
- Mr. Trump previously denied any wrongdoing and dismissed the New York case as another politically motivated "witch hunt" brought by a biased prosecutor.
- As part of the Tuesday decision, the Trump Organization was instructed to cancel its business licenses in New York and propose independent monitors within 10 days to oversee the process.
Quick Glance: Dianne Feinstein, California Senator and Pioneer of Liberal Priorities, Dies at 90
- California Senator Dianne Feinstein, a moderate Democrat and advocate for liberal causes, has passed away at the age of 90.
- Feinstein was a trailblazer and champion in local and national politics.
- President Joe Biden described her as a pioneering American and a cherished friend.
- Feinstein's bipartisan efforts led to legislative wins throughout her career.
Quick Glance: North Texas federal employees prepare for upcoming government shutdown
- Federal employees in North Texas seeking assistance from local food banks and community centers.
- A shutdown is unnecessary and avoidable, hopefully it doesn't happen.
- Sen. Patty Murray blocked the proposal but argued for continued pay for all federal workers.
- Ted Cruz would pause his paychecks in the event of a shutdown.
Quick Glance: First co-defendant pleads guilty in Trump Georgia case
- A co-defendant in an extensive case of election interference in Georgia, involving former President Trump, has admitted guilt and become the first to do so in the case.
- Scott Hall, the owner of a bail bond business, has acknowledged five charges of conspiracy to deliberately interfere with election duties.
- While on probation, he is also barred from engaging in 'polling activities,' and is required to write an apology letter to Georgia citizens and provide truthful testimony in future proceedings.
- The other 18 defendants, including Trump, have entered not guilty pleas.
"There's something dangerous happening in America."President Biden says Donald Trump's political movement is a fundamental threat to American ... Show more
Quick Glance: Biden warns: Trump's movement threatens American democracy
- President Joe Biden issues a strong warning about ongoing existential threats to US democracy in a significant address on Thursday.
- Biden sharpens the central argument for a potential rematch with Donald Trump and urges voters to prioritize the health of American institutions.
- Many senior Democrats believe that once voters see the 2024 election as a contest between Biden and Trump, the significance will be clearer and the current president's standing will improve.
- Make no mistake: Donald Trump and his MAGA Republicans are determined to destroy American democracy.
Quick Glance: Biden warns: 'MAGA' movement threatens American democracy
- President Biden warns of the threat to American democracy posed by Trump and the 'MAGA' movement.
- Biden highlights the distinction between himself and his likely opponent in the 2024 elections.
- The president emphasizes the importance of the Constitution as the defining feature of democracy.
- Biden acknowledges that the Republican Party is influenced by extreme 'MAGA' Republicans.
Quick Glance: The 'Taylor Swift Effect' Boosts Football Spending
- The connection between Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce has fans excited for the Kansas City Chiefs vs New York Jets game.
- Swift's appearance in Kansas City has led to a surge in Jets ticket sales.
- Official NFL e-commerce partner Fanatics saw a nearly 400% increase in sales of Travis Kelce jerseys.
Quick Glance: Robert Kennedy Jr. to Run as Independent in 2024 Elections
- Robert F. Kennedy Jr. announces he will run as an independent instead of challenging President Joe Biden for the Democratic nomination.
- His decision could complicate the 2024 elections.
- Kennedy criticizes corruption in both parties and plans a major announcement in Philadelphia.
Quick Glance: GM and Ford CEOs Clash with UAW as Union Expands Strikes
- GM and Ford CEOs criticize United Auto Workers (UAW) as the union escalates the strike.
- UAW chief Shawn Fain responds by expanding the strike against the Detroit Three.
- Fain orders walk-offs at Ford's Chicago assembly plant and GM's Lansing, Michigan, assembly plant.
- Ford is reconsidering the size and scope of the $3.5 billion Marshall battery plant due to uncertainty over labor costs.
Quick Glance: Donald Trump held accountable for fraud in New York civil case
- Engoron also ordered the cancellation of certificates that allowed some of Trump's businesses, including the Trump Organization, to operate in New York, and appointed a receiver to manage the businesses' dissolution.
- The judge described how Trump, his adult sons Donald Jr. and Eric, the Trump Organization, and other defendants fabricated valuations and inflated Trump's net worth to meet their business needs.
- Christopher Kise, a lawyer representing Trump, stated, 'Today's scandalous decision is completely detached from the facts and the applicable law.'
- James expressed anticipation in presenting the remaining aspects of her case in court.
Biden says US democracy in danger if 'extremist' Trump returns to power Rahesha Sehgal brings you this report Read more: www.wionews.com/world/biden-says-us-democracy-in-danger-if-extremist-trump-returns-to-power-640749
Quick Glance: Charges Filed for Leaking Donald Trump's Tax Returns
- An image depicting former US president Donald Trump
- Prosecutors allege that Charles Littlejohn, an IRS contractor, stole the information and passed it on to a news organization.
- The New York Times and ProPublica received information about Mr. Trump's tax returns.
- ProPublica and The New York Times have not commented on the allegations.
Quick Glance: Judge Chutkan denies Trump's request for her recusal in Jan. 6 case
- Judge Tanya Chutkan denied former President Trump's motion to recuse herself from overseeing his prosecution on charges related to his efforts to stay in power after losing the 2020 election.
- "Recusal motions can be wrongfully deployed as a form of "judge shopping,"" Chutkan wrote.
- Chutkan also noted she had never made any comments on Trump's culpability - his own attorneys had drawn that conclusion.
- Chutkan's decision comes after a September 11 request from Trump asking her to step aside from the case, citing comments she had made during the sentencing hearings of two defendants from January 6.
Recommended for you