News articles on this subject
Māori seats don't 'make a lot of sense' - Christopher Luxon: The National Party leader's latest comments follow his criticism of the government's approach to ...
Christopher Luxon: New Zealand's new government wants to weaken strict anti-tobacco laws
Striking gold hits obstacles: The Detail: Conservation groups, prepare for battle – we're likely to see more mining applications as Christopher Luxon ...
Single West Country mum living off food her daughter doesn't eat: Her heating bills have soared and she can barely afford to buy bread and butter for her ...
Armenian Government OKs 1 Bn Drams Contract to Man On Trial for Defrauding Government
Deputy Prime Minister Winston Peters continues media attacks during first Cabinet meeting photo opportunity
Cuts loom large as Christopher Luxon government targets the economy: Prime Minister Christopher Luxon has set his government's "number one" goal as "fixing the ...
Watch: Christopher Luxon, new ministers sworn in at Government House: Christopher Luxon has been officially sworn in as New Zealand's 42nd prime minister.
Luxon announces coalition, split deputy role for Peters, Seymour: Christopher Luxon, David Seymour and Winston Peters have signed a three-way coalition agreement ...
Quick Glance: Groundbreaking Agreement Signed to Revive Dodo in Mauritius
- A groundbreaking agreement to revive the dodo in Mauritius
- The dodo, an extinct species from the 17th century
- Symbolizes the fight against species extinction
- Arrest of insurrectionists by Information minister Chernor Bah
'The clock is ticking': Talks to form a coalition government continue: Five weeks on from the election and two weeks since the final vote was confirmed ...
National on promise to introduce legislation on extending parliamentary term to four years: 'It will save money'
Germany’s Budget Woes Stress Test an Already Shaky Coalition: The German government’s struggle to hammer out a revised budget after a shock court ruling not only ...
Now sworn in, new Govt turns attention to tax package: There's a lot for the newly-sworn in Government to do, but finalising the promised tax cuts and ...
17m for Bola Tinubu’s Ferry, N1.7b Vehicles for Chief of Staff… More Questionable Contracts in 2023 Lagos State Procurement Records
Quick Glance: Dubious Expenditures in 2023 Lagos State Procurement Records
- Funsho Doherty, the governorship candidate of the Action Democratic Party, raised concerns in an open letter to the Lagos State Government about questionable projects awarded to contractors in the second quarter of 2023.
- The procurement records revealed that the state government allocated monies to ministries for projects that were part of their core responsibilities.
- The procurement records disclosed that Lagos State currently has a debt stock of N996,440,044,235.35.
- Some of the poignant expenses include N1.7 billion for purchasing vehicles for the Office of the Chief of Staff’s Carpool, N17 million for refitting Bola Tinubu’s ferry, and N54 million for cleaning and maintaining the statehouse, according to the Lagos State Public Procurement Agency.
Tax breaks instead: No more smoke-free future generations - New Zealand scraps plan
Argentina's right-wing president-elect to meet with a top Biden adviser: Argentine President-elect Javier Milei is getting a meeting with a top Biden aide ...
Former Netherlands ruling party won't join new government after far-right win
Quick Glance: Geert Wilders and the Dutch Election Impact
- The rise of hard-right parties in the political landscape
- Geert Wilders's victory in the Dutch election on November 22nd has received praise from across Europe, particularly from right-wing political groups.
- Mr. Wilders's presence poses a challenge for the EU, accustomed to navigating differences between centrist parties of the left and right.
- The likelihood of further success for hard-right parties in upcoming elections is high.
Coalition talks: No more face to face meetings this weekend - Luxon: National Party leader Christopher Luxon and NZ First leader Winston Peters have left the ...
Watch: National Party leader Christopher Luxon to speak: National Party leader Christopher Luxon says a coalition deal is close - but there are still issues to ...
New government plans to review Treaty of Waitangi principles: The principles of the Treaty of Waitangi will come under review by the new government.
Luxon promises Friday coalition deal: After failing to get a deal across the line on Thursday Christopher Luxon has given a cast-iron guarantee a government ...
Audrey Young: Smokefree controversy delivers Prime Minister Christopher Luxon’s first lesson in political accountability
National, Act and NZ First Government to hold first Cabinet meeting today: The new coalition Government will have its first Cabinet meeting today after Prime ...
Autumn statement 2023: What time is it and what could the chancellor announce?: Here's everything you need to know about the autumn statement, from when it is to ...
Policy positions sorted in negotiations between National, ACT and NZ First - Christopher Luxon
Pro-Palestine group throws red paint at Christopher Luxon, David Seymour offices: The incoming prime minister's office is one of a number of buildings vandalised ...
Luxon pleased with coalition partners' 'massive alignment' on goals: New Zealanders will today learn what the National, ACT and New Zealand First government will ...
Christopher Luxon defends use of taxpayer funds for Auckland-based coalition talks
Government defending the indefensible in scrapping smokefree efforts - health leader
Coalition talks: Poll shows 66% of people think negotiations taking too long: A new poll shows growing public frustration as talks to form the government ...
Coalition talks in 'final stages' - National leader Christopher Luxon: National's leader Christopher Luxon says negotiations to form a government are in the ...
Luxon defends negotiating skills as coalition talks continue: National leader Christopher Luxon has defended his negotiating credentials as meetings to form a ...
Jewish Canadians ‘on high alert’ amid rising antisemitism, Gould says: Amid rising antisemitism and Islamophobia, Government House Leader Karina Gould urges ...
Matthew Hooton: For Christopher Luxon, next six months will be crucial: OPINION: In the end, it has taken Christopher Luxon just 40 days and 40 nights to form ...
Deal between National, ACT, NZ First could be signed on Thursday: The three parties trying to form a coalition had "done the policy work first and foremost" ...
'We prayed Helen Clark would fall out of a plane' - Brethren book: Inside the Exclusive Brethren during their affliation with Don Brash and National
Coalition numbers 'quite tight' - constitutional law expert: Seeing how many of the National Party's first 100 days campaign promises have survived the coalition ...
What does the new government mean for Māori?: Potential alterations to the Treaty of Waitangi are among many changes that could affect Māori when the new ...
Here is what Trump plans to do if he returns to the White House: Donald Trump is already laying a sweeping set of policy goals should he win a second term as ...
Quick Glance: Trump's Agenda for Potential White House Return
- 2024 campaign overshadowed by investigations and charges against Trump.
- Plans to strip civil service protections, implement new testing, and shift federal agents to immigration enforcement.
- Proposes reissuing executive order for reclassifying employees and imposing travel bans.
- Pledges to move troops to border, phase out Chinese imports, and introduce ideological screening for immigrants.
David Seymour touts ACT's deputy PM qualifications: The ACT Party leader says having the second-largest government party with the second-biggest role makes sense ...
Canada condemns 'extremist settler violence' against Palestinians in West Bank: Global Affairs
Christopher Luxon’s Hamilton humblebrag song choice after closing his deal; will Weet-Bix’s starring role in talks save it from being taxed? - Beehive Diaries
National, Act, NZ First coalition: Incoming PM Christopher Luxon on Nats’ tax sacrifice and stopping the coalition falling apart
Constitution amended to let president take global roles in private capacity if in national interest
PM’s electorate office denies threatening callers with police action: Two women who phoned Luxon’s Botany office to urge support for a ceasefire in Gaza claim ...
Three parties, two deals, one govt: The stress points within NZ's 'coalition of many colours'
New Zealand shifts to the right, but only slightly by global standards: The center-right National Party will form a government with two smaller parties ...
Winston Peters arrives at Auckland Airport as coalition deal expectations rise: Winston Peters has been seen heading through security at Auckland Airport but has ...
Talks to form next government continue in Auckland: National Party leader Christopher Luxon and NZ First leader Winston Peters have arrived at the Cordis Hotel ...
Why we could see a 127-seat Parliament at the next election: No MMP government has been defeated after one term but if the left is prepared to take the risk ...
New Zealand prime minister-elect will not attend APEC, government says: New Zealand Prime Minister-elect Christopher Luxon will not attend APEC in San Francisco ...
Photo Essay: A three groom political wedding: Photos and action from the official signing of the coalition deal between National, ACT and New Zealand First.
Liam Dann: The big divide that will drive conflict in the new Government: OPINION Congratulations to new Prime Minister Christopher Luxon. After all the ...
New Zealand Scraps the World’s First Generational Smoking Ban. Here’s What to Know
Quick Glance: New Zealand Smoking Ban Reversal Sparks Health Expert Criticism
- New Zealand passed laws in 2022 to restrict and eventually ban cigarette sales to future generations.
- Smoking is the leading cause of preventable deaths in New Zealand, and the policy aimed to prevent young generations from picking up the habit.
- Health experts strongly criticized the sudden reversal.
- The announcement of the government's repeal of the laws shocked health experts who believed the policy would remain untouched.
'A lot more to do' after week of deliberations - Christopher Luxon: The incoming prime minister met with the leaders of ACT and New Zealand First this week to ...
The U.K. Supreme Court has struck down a plan to send asylum-seekers to Rwanda: In a major defeat for the British prime minister, the Supreme Court has ruled the ...
Quick Glance: Supreme Court Ruling Deems Rwanda Asylum Policy Unlawful
- The Supreme Court overturns a Court of Appeal decision, declaring the deportation policy to Rwanda unlawful.
- This decision means the flagship policy cannot proceed in its current form.
- Flights were grounded following the Court of Appeal ruling last June due to a lack of human rights safeguards.
- The Supreme Court decision leaves the £140m Rwanda scheme in tatters, with uncertain prospects for similar deals with other nations.
Ex-Prime Minister David Cameron makes shock return to UK government: Former British Prime Minister David Cameron has made a shock return to high office ...
Quick Glance: Braverman's Sharp Attack on Sunak After Dismissal
- Braverman launches scathing attack on PM Sunak, accusing him of abandoning secret promises.
- Former home secretary criticizes Sunak's record in government after her dismissal.
- Braverman criticizes Sunak in a letter, accusing him of betrayal.
- She thanks the PM for the dismissal but criticizes his governance and lack of support.
Congress is facing a looming shutdown — again. How did we get here?: If House Republicans are unhappy with this year’s dysfunctional appropriations process ...
The meaning of Tāmaki - the most fascinating election race: When ACT’s Brooke van Velden won the Auckland seat of Tāmaki at the election, it was a triumph of ...
Coalition agreement: Derek Cheng on how Christopher Luxon made room for Act, NZ First without giving up much at all
New Zealand's new government sworn in, parliament expected to open next week: New Zealand’s new right-of-centre government was sworn in on Monday ...
House Republican's furious speech shows Mike Johnson's honeymoon is over: Chip Roy challenged his colleagues to present just "one thing" the GOP ...
From outside politics to inside Cabinet in a day: New Zealand First's Casey Costello isn’t the first to have a meteoric rise to MP and Cabinet minister on ...
EFF leader Julius Malema slams Premier Panyaza Lesufi over taverns of the future during voter registration drive
New Zealand PM-elect says 'significant milestone' reached in forming govt
After general election: New Zealand gets a conservative government: After six years of Labour, New Zealand is facing a change of political direction ...
UK Plan to Send Asylum Seekers to Rwanda Is Unlawful, Supreme Court Says: Britain’s highest court said a contentious plan to send asylum seekers to Rwanda should ...
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!