Quick Glance: Former Trump Aide Hutchinson Criticizes Matt Gaetz Over Dating Rumors
- In an interview with MSNBC's Rachel Maddow, Hutchinson denies having a relationship with Rep. Matt Gaetz.
- Hutchinson emphasizes that she has higher standards in men and that she only had a friendly working relationship with Gaetz.
- According to Hutchinson's upcoming book, Gaetz allegedly tried to seduce her at Camp David but was scolded by Rep. Kevin McCarthy.
- Hutchinson also accuses Rudy Giuliani of groping her on January 6, a claim which Giuliani denies.
Quick Glance: North Texas federal employees prepare for upcoming government shutdown
- Federal employees in North Texas seeking assistance from local food banks and community centers.
- A shutdown is unnecessary and avoidable, hopefully it doesn't happen.
- Sen. Patty Murray blocked the proposal but argued for continued pay for all federal workers.
- Ted Cruz would pause his paychecks in the event of a shutdown.
Quick Glance: Hyde10: Dolphins' Win over Broncos - Recap
- The Dolphins defense caused three turnovers and scored two touchdowns.
- Tagovailoa completed 23 of 26 passes for 309 yards and four touchdowns.
- Hill scored a 54-yard touchdown on the third play of the game.
- The running game was impressive with 43 carries for 350 yards.
Quick Glance: Ron DeSantis and Gavin Newsom Set to Face Off in November Debate
- Republican Florida Governor Ron DeSantis and Democratic California Governor Gavin Newsom will go head-to-head in November.
- DeSantis is currently polling second in the race for the Republican nomination, trailing frontrunner Donald Trump by over 40 points.
- Both politicians are newcomers on the national political stage, with concerns over the age of President Biden and ex-President Trump.
- The November debate between the two governors is mostly an exercise in positioning for the 2028 presidential election.
Quick Glance: Alligator with Half Jaw Now Has a Name
- Alligator with half jaw taken to Gatorland
- Alligator reported wandering around Central Florida
- Alligator now has a name
Quick Glance: Trump found liable for fraud in New York civil lawsuit
- The court determined that the documents presented here contain fraudulent valuations that the defendants used in their business.
- Attorney General Letitia James filed a lawsuit against Mr. Trump last September, accusing him, his two adult sons, and the Trump Organization of lying about his net worth and asset values between 2011 and 2021.
- Mr. Trump previously denied any wrongdoing and dismissed the New York case as another politically motivated "witch hunt" brought by a biased prosecutor.
- As part of the Tuesday decision, the Trump Organization was instructed to cancel its business licenses in New York and propose independent monitors within 10 days to oversee the process.
The marker for Mexicantown and Tejano Music is the first of Michigan's 1,800 historic markers to directly recognize the contributions of Latinos.
Home: USA TODAY delivers current national and local news, sports, entertainment, finance, technology, and more through award-winning journalism, photos ...
Quick Glance: Democrat mocks Greene for Jewish holiday confusion
- Rep. Jared Moskowitz (D-Fla.) ridicules Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) over a social media post featuring a picture of a menorah celebrating Hanukkah and wishing people a blessed Yom Kippur.
- In a now-deleted post on X, formerly known as Twitter, Greene wrote on Sunday, 'To all those preparing for the solemn day of Yom Kippur, I wish you a meaningful fast.'
- The group's criticism of Greene refers to a 2018 Facebook post where Greene suggested that a 'laser beam or light beam' from 'space solar generators' could be responsible for the devastating wildfires in California, mentioning 'Rothschild Inc.' She later stated she was unaware of the Rothschilds' association with anti-Semitic conspiracy theories.
- Greene also faced backlash in 2021 for comparing the House Democrats' previous mask policy to the Holocaust.
Quick Glance: Biden invests $1.4 billion in rail safety and capacity boost
- Over $1.4 billion invested in projects to improve rail safety and boost capacity.
- Funding comes mainly from the 2021 infrastructure law.
- The projects will enhance the safety, reliability, and resilience of the American rail system.
- The grant enables the restoration of passenger service along the Gulf Coast, benefiting the region's economy.
Quick Glance: Tropical Storms Rina and Philippe in the central tropical Atlantic
- Tropical Storm Rina formed southeast of Tropical Storm Philippe.
- Rina was located about 1,190 miles east of the northern Leeward Islands and moving north-northwest.
- The National Hurricane Center expects slight fluctuations in Philippe's intensity as it moves west-northwest or west.
- It's uncertain if Rina will maintain its strength when it reaches the northern Leeward Islands or if it will weaken.
Quick Glance: White House prepares for government shutdown as House Republicans lack a viable plan
- Speaker Kevin McCarthy announces that the House will start voting on the latest plan next week.
- The White House is preparing to direct federal agencies to get ready for a shutdown after House Republicans left without a realistic plan to fund the government and avoid disruptive consequences.
- A federal shutdown after September 30 appears likely unless Speaker Kevin McCarthy can convince his rebellious, right-wing faction to approve a temporary funding measure to prevent closures during ongoing talks.
- The standoff with House Republicans over government funding jeopardizes various activities, including military and law enforcement personnel pay, food safety and aid programs, air travel, and passport processing, potentially causing havoc in the US economy.
The alligator that was rescued after being reported wandering in Central Florida with the top half of its jaw missing is now under the care of an alligator ... Show more
Quick Glance: Injured Alligator Recovers at Fla. Gator Park
- The alligator had lost the entire top of its snout.
- Now, the alligator has a new home at Gatorland, an Orlando alligator zoo, where it is recovering under the center's care.
- A missing top jaw is not an uncommon alligator injury and can occur during their breeding season.
- She's done pretty good for herself," Flynn said.
Quick Glance: Garland to Testify Before Congress, Focus on His Record
- With a few words, President Biden caused turmoil among the leadership of the Justice Department.
- Garland also aimed to reassure the Justice Department staff.
- When Garland assumed the role of attorney general in March 2021, the president's son was already under investigation by Delaware U.S. Attorney David Weiss, a nominee of the previous administration.
- The president and his attorney general rarely make joint public appearances.
Quick Glance: Lawsuit filed against Rudy Giuliani for unpaid legal fees
- Giuliani's former attorney is suing him for outstanding bills totaling $1.36 million.
- Giuliani has only paid $214,000 and still has an outstanding balance of $1.36 million.
- Attorney Robert Costello and his law firm also provided legal representation for Giuliani in various lawsuits.
- To cut costs, Giuliani has represented himself in certain legal disputes.
Quick Glance: Black Bear Causes Closure of Disney World Rides in Florida
- Parts of Disney World in Florida had to close after reports of a black bear on the loose.
- The Magic Kingdom Park in Orlando closed several attractions following the bear sighting in a tree on Monday.
- Staff from the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) were dispatched to capture the adult female bear.
- The agency stated: 'The staff has captured the animal and is relocating the bear from the park to an area in or around the Ocala National Forest.'
Recommended for you