News articles on this subject
Judge convicts Capitol rioter from McKean County: A federal judge has convicted a Pennsylvania restaurant owner of storming the U.S. Capitol ...
Judge denies Trump's 'fishing expedition' to subpoena Jan. 6 committee records: A federal judge overseeing President Donald Trump's upcoming election ...
Mitt Romney: I’d Rather Vote Dem Than for Trump or Vivek: It would be an “upgrade” from Trump, the Utah senator said.
Quick Glance: Romney Prefers Any Democrat Over Trump in 2024
- Republican Senator Mitt Romney signaled that almost any candidate in the 2024 field, regardless of party, would be an 'upgrade' over another term for former President Trump.
- Romney stated that he would be happy to support and vote for almost any Republican, as well as for some Democrats.
- After Romney announced that he will not seek reelection, this sparked a wave of gloating insults from Trump and his allies.
Trump Denies He’s ‘Cognitively Impaired’—and Says He Makes Gaffes ‘Sarcastically’
Quick Glance: Trump's Deliberate Mix-Up: Biden and Obama
- Donald Trump claims to intentionally confuse Joe Biden and Barack Obama to suggest potential outside influence on the government.
- His confusions are a prominent attack point for Ron DeSantis, who claims that Trump is not the same candidate he was in 2016.
- Polls show a higher share of voters believe Trump has the stamina and sharpness for the presidency compared to Biden.
- Campaigns from DeSantis and Biden use Trump's errors to highlight and promote them on social media.
Trump’s ‘intolerance towards everyone’ encourages hate, Chris Christie says: Republican challenger says rival’s language and conduct a contributing factor to ...
Quick Glance: Christie's Accountability for Islamophobia and Antisemitism Rise
- Chris Christie attributes part of the rise in antisemitism and Islamophobia across the country to Donald Trump.
- Christie recently visited Israel.
- The Post reached out to the Trump campaign for a comment.
- Despite his current third place, Christie remains optimistic about his chances, drawing parallels to the late Sen. John McCain's position in 2008.
Biden rips Trump, GOP over repealing ObamaCare, supply chain issues: President Biden criticized Republicans and former President Trump on Monday for efforts that ...
Quick Glance: Biden Criticizes Trump and GOP
- The president criticized Republicans and former President Trump for actions that could jeopardize the supply chain, including undoing his achievements and seeking to replace ObamaCare.
- The president announced 30 actions to improve access to medicine and economic data.
- The council is to strengthen the supply chain during the 2023 holiday season, following significant issues during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Biden referenced a Truth Social post from Trump in the meeting, in which the former president revived calls to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act if he wins the 2024 election.
Melania Trump expected to join other former first ladies at Rosalynn Carter services
Quick Glance: Prominent Guests to Attend Rosalynn Carter's Memorial Service
- Former President Jimmy Carter plans to attend the memorial service for his late wife, Rosalynn Carter, in Atlanta.
- All living former First Ladies, including Jill Biden, Hillary Clinton, Laura Bush, Michelle Obama, and Melania Trump, are also expected to attend.
- President Donald Trump is not expected to attend the service.
- Rosalynn Carter passed away peacefully at her home in Plains, Georgia, at the age of 96 after being moved to home hospice care.
Texas Gov. Abbott endorses Trump at campaign stop on southern border: Donald Trump returned to the U.S.-Mexico border for a visit Sunday and was endorsed by ...
Quick Glance: Greg Abbott Endorses Donald Trump at Texas Border
- Texas Governor endorses Trump, lauding his border policies.
- Gov. Greg Abbott of Texas threw his support behind the former president at an event near the southern border.
- Abbott's aggressive immigration policies align him closely with Donald J. Trump, whose plans if elected to a second term include detaining undocumented immigrants in camps.
- Abbott criticized President Biden for reversing Trump-era policies that had expedited deportations and required asylum seekers to remain in Mexico while awaiting hearings.
Javier Milei: Trump tells Argentina's President-elect he plans to visit him: Former President Donald Trump has told Argentina’s President-elect Javier Milei that ...
MTG Says South Carolina Football Crowd Loves Trump Despite Audible Boos: Footage from the Saturday event shows that while Trump supporters made their voice heard ...
Quick Glance: Trump's Impact at USC-Clemson Appearance
- First South Carolina appearance since campaign visit
- Campaign video shows enthusiastic fan reaction to Trump
- First time as Gamecocks' guest, previously attended Clemson game
- Visited Iowa-Iowa State game and scheduled town hall in Bluffton
Biden to highlight Trump’s renewed effort to shelve Affordable Care Act : “My predecessor, once again … called for cuts that could rip away health insurance for ...
Trump, Milei, Wilders: What right-wing populists reveal with their hairstyles: In the past, right-wing populists were more easily recognized by their edginess ...
MAGA Furious Over Mitt Romney Saying He'd Vote for Democrats: "It would be an upgrade from, in my opinion, Donald Trump and perhaps also from Joe Biden ...
Quick Glance: Mitt Romney Would Vote for Democrat Over Trump
- Romney says he would support almost any Republican, except Vivek Ramaswamy.
- He prefers another candidate over Trump and Biden.
- Romney rejects Ramaswamy and Trump as candidates.
- He criticizes the Republican Party as populist.
Quick Glance: Trump's Excellent Health Report
- Former President Trump's personal physician, Bruce Aronwald, states that Trump is in 'excellent health.'
- Aronwald reports that Trump improved his diet, remained physically active, but did not disclose his weight.
- The doctor's letter provides less information than Trump's annual exams during his presidency.
- Trump is the front-runner for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination, making his health a point of scrutiny.
Univision’s Jorge Ramos Dings Network’s Trump Interview: The leading anchor says journalists cannot give Trump “an open microphone to broadcast his falsehoods ...
Trump is set to return to the witness stand in his civil fraud trial: Trump already testified aggressively earlier this month, when he was called by his ...
Speaker Mike Johnson says he'll make 44,000 hours of Jan. 6 footage available to the general public
Quick Glance: U.S. Speaker's Decision: Public Release of 44,000 Hours Jan. 6 Footage
- House Speaker Mike Johnson is planning to make thousands of hours of footage from the Jan. 6, 2021, U.S. Capitol attack available to the public.
- The decision aims to give millions of Americans, criminal defendants, public interest organizations, and the media the ability to view the events firsthand.
- Approximately 90 hours of security footage will be released on a public committee website on Friday, with over 40,000 hours expected to follow in the coming months.
- A public viewing room will be established in the Capitol to enable viewing of the footage while the faces of individuals are blurred in the processing of the recordings.
Robert De Niro Claims Trump Remarks Were Slashed at Awards Night: Whoops and cheers arose as the two-time Oscar winner read his full speech off his phone after ...
Donald Trump is set to return to the witness stand in his civil fraud trial: NEW YORK (AP) — After a pugnacious first turn on the witness stand ...
‘Fake elector’ probes in 2020 swing states could spell more trouble for Trump: Former President Trump’s four criminal cases have dominated headlines since April ...
Trump hints at expanding domestic role for the military within the U.S.: The front-runner for the 2024 Republican nomination has spoken openly about his plans ...
Trump Rallies Aren’t Even Really About Politics at This Point: It's fan culture in action.
Evangelical Leader Takes on Trump in Brutal Tirade: Bob Vander Plaats let loose on the former president, saying Iowa will “rise up” against him in 2024.
Quick Glance: Trump's Accusation Sparks Controversy
- Iowa evangelical leader Bob Vander Plaats endorses Ron DeSantis over Trump, causing a stir.
- Donald Trump alleges Vander Plaats of 'scamming' following his endorsement of Ron DeSantis.
- Vander Plaats, influential among Republican voters in Iowa, becomes a key figure in the presidential race.
- DeSantis also gains support from Iowa's Republican governor, Kim Reynolds.
Monica Lewinsky calls for constitutional ban on presidential self-pardons: Monica Lewinsky penned on op-ed Monday calling for a series of constitutional ...
Trump on Israel-Hamas hostage deal: ‘This is not going to end well’: Former President Trump branded Saturday as a “dark day” as Hamas moves to release a second ...
Dean Phillips Is Giving Harlan Crow’s Donation to Charity: The Minnesota Democrat’s primary challenge to President Joe Biden has been off to a rocky start.
Quick Glance: Dean Phillips Opts Out of Congressional Reelection in 2024: 'Time for a New Generation'
- Democrat Dean Phillips is challenging President Joe Biden in the 2024 primary and is heeding his own advice to pass the torch.
- The 54-year-old Phillips will not seek reelection to the U.S. House and is opening up his congressional seat.
- Phillips is urging Biden to also forgo seeking reelection as both parties vie for control of Congress.
- As one of about a dozen lawmakers not seeking reelection next year, Phillips becomes part of the contest for congressional control.
Clarence Page: GOP does its best to show us how to normalize an insurrection: Speaker Mike Johnson has released video of the Capitol during the Jan. 6 assault ...
Trump says he's "seriously looking" at Obamacare alternatives: Trump called the failure to repeal and replace the ACA "a low point for the ...
Trump lawyers seek to probe U.S. handling of 2020 election fraud claims: New Trump court filing seeks evidence to relitigate debunked claims that election was ...
Judge in Trump civil fraud trial received hundreds of threats, court filing says: The judge in former President Trump’s civil fraud trial has received hundreds ...
Donald Trump poses the biggest danger to the world in 2024: What his victory in America’s election would mean
Quick Glance: Donald Trump's Impact in 2024
- Trump is dominating the Republican primary, strengthening his position.
- A potential second term for Trump would be organized, retaliatory, and protectionist.
- Trump poses a threat not only to his own country but also to international politics.
- A Trump victory would have profound effects abroad as well.
Feral hogs roaming into Pa. from South pose threat to forests, agriculture: A recent study by outfitter Captain Experiences using data from the University of ...
Donald Trump would gut Joe Biden’s landmark IRA climate law if elected: Former president plans to scrap clean energy rules and expand drilling to boost fossil ...
Trump Posts Deranged Thanksgiving Message to ‘Lunatics, Fascists and RINOs’: The former president hit send on a traditional 2 a.m. Thanksgiving blast to his ...
Election USA: Trump is planning an authoritarian campaign of revenge if he is re-elected
Quick Glance: Trump Plans Authoritarian Vendetta if Reelected
- Trump's potential return to the White House in January 2025 raises concerns of hateful language and authoritarian ambitions.
- A majority of voters in battleground states believe Trump promises better results in foreign and security policy than Biden.
- Trump uses apocalyptic imagery to sow fear and plans to target former allies and employees who opposed him.
- Americans must listen carefully to what Trump says, as he sees the greatest threat not in other autocratic rulers, but in his own country.
Univision anchor Jorge Ramos rebukes network for not challenging Trump: Univision anchor Jorge Ramos said Saturday that reporters should ask hard questions of ...
Dutch election winner Geert Wilders is an anti-Islam firebrand known as the Dutch Donald Trump
Quick Glance: Geert Wilders and the Dutch Election Impact
- The rise of hard-right parties in the political landscape
- Geert Wilders's victory in the Dutch election on November 22nd has received praise from across Europe, particularly from right-wing political groups.
- Mr. Wilders's presence poses a challenge for the EU, accustomed to navigating differences between centrist parties of the left and right.
- The likelihood of further success for hard-right parties in upcoming elections is high.
The potentially high ceiling for Trump’s running mate: Not since the universally loved Eisenhower announced he would seek the Republican Party’s nomination will ...
Kamala Harris to visit Houston for Hispanic outreach event: The Monday event will be a “community conversation” hosted by the Congressional Hispanic Caucus.
Marjorie Taylor Greene's Request to go on Jimmy Kimmel Brutally Declined: MTG publicly asked for an appearance on the talk show to promote her new book.
Senate Republicans shrug off Trump's latest bid to scrap Obamacare: The congressional GOP tried during the former president's first term to repeal the ...
Quick Glance: UAE's Oil Deals Agenda at COP28 Climate Talks
- Dr. Sultan al-Jaber leads the climate summit and the UAE's state oil company
- Hosts of the COP28 summit were expected to act without bias or self-interest
- The UAE team utilized COP28 meetings for business talks and emphasized the confidentiality of 'private meetings'
- The UAE declined to discuss the meeting contents, focusing on 'meaningful climate action'
John Leguizamo roasts Univision’s ‘softball’ interview of Trump: Actor and comedian John Leguizamo roasted Univision’s recent interview with former President ...
Your world in 10 minutes: Truce extension hopes: Follow on Apple, Google or Spotify. Listen on the Reuters app. Read the episode transcript here.
Group presses Oregon secretary of state to keep Trump off ballot: The U.S. Constitution prohibits anyone who took an oath to support the Constitution ...
Donations to GOP drop as worries mount about the party’s finances: Donors have not cut as many large checks to the RNC in recent years, and the party’s ...
Does a civil-war-era ban on insurrectionists apply to Donald Trump?: So far, America’s judges have been reluctant to involve themselves in the 2024 election
The polls keep getting worse for Biden: Trump’s vote share in national polls is higher than at any time in the past year.
14th Amendment case against Donald Trump heading to Colorado Supreme Court - UPI.com
Which modern-day politician is most like Napoleon?: There’s a new movie about Napoleon, so we looked at today’s leaders to see if any match up to the French ...
Fears of political violence are growing as the 2024 campaign heats up and conspiracy theories evolve
Why Rep. Elise Stefanik could be Trump’s veep pick in 2024: Here are five reasons why Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.) could be Trump’s running mate.
Judge rejects Trump’s bid for a mistrial in the NY civil fraud suit: The judge overseeing Donald Trump’s civil fraud trial said the former president’s motion for ...
Quick Glance: Trump Condemns Judge and Clerk in Fraud Case
- The former president filed a lawsuit against the judge in the civil case, after being barred from speaking about the judicial staff.
- Trump's attorneys argued that the gag order was unconstitutional.
- This means that Mr. Trump and his attorneys can once again publicly comment about the court officials, at least for the time being.
- The former president wasted no time in reopening attacks on Judge Engoron, describing his actions as 'radical and unprecedented'.
House Democrat apologizes after saying Trump ‘has to be eliminated’: Rep. Daniel Goldman (D-N.Y.) apologized Monday for his “poor choice of words” when he said ...
Jimmy Carter's Grandson Responds to Trump's Attacks: Trump mocked Carter during a campaign rally on Saturday, a day after Rosalynn Carter, the former first lady ...
Quick Glance: Jimmy Carter Faces Life Alone After Rosalynn's Passing
- Rosalynn Carter, aged 90, underwent major surgery in Atlanta.
- The surgeon warned Jimmy Carter about the dangers of the operation due to Rosalynn's advanced age.
- After learning of Rosalynn's survival, Jimmy made the decision to retire and spend time with her.
- This marked the moment when he truly retired from executive meetings at the Carter Center.
Trump wants a do-over on repealing Obamacare. That seems unwise.: The former president previewed a new effort to “terminate” the law in his potential second term ...
Matt Gaetz is 2023’s ‘Politician of the Year’: Gaetz represents the empty heart of a Trump-led party that is only about Trump.
Steve Bannon Issues Ominous Warning To Mark Milley: "We're gonna hold him accountable," Bannon said of the former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
Bid to hold Trump accountable for Jan. 6 violence stalls at appeals court: The long-awaited D.C. Circuit ruling in a trio of civil lawsuits could influence ...
Who is Javier Milei, Argentina’s far-right president-elect?: Argentina’s next president will be Javier Milei, a libertarian economist who embraces comparisons to ...
Trump tops Biden in polls despite mountain of baggage: Former President Trump is facing 91 felony counts in four separate criminal cases. He was impeached twice ...
‘You lost. You’re guilty’: Trump Greeted by Protest Billboards in South Carolina: South Carolina will be one of the first states to vote in the primary contest ...
The Trump ballot battle: If the 14th Amendment doesn’t block him, voters must: A Denver state judge, Sarah B. Wallace of the 2nd Judicial District Court ...
Former RNC chair says Trump deserves jail for attacks on judges, court officials: Former Republican National Committee (RNC) Chair Michael Steele said in an ...
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!