Quick Glance: NCIS Actor David McCallum Passes Away at Age 90
- David McCallum, renowned for his portrayal of Dr. Donald 'Ducky' Mallard on NCIS, has passed away.
- David was a highly skilled actor and acclaimed author, cherished by people worldwide.
- He is survived by his wife Katherine McCallum, sons Paul, Valentine, and Peter McCallum, daughter Sophie McCallum, and eight grandchildren.
- In addition to NCIS, McCallum also appeared in The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
Quick Glance: Billy Miller's Mother Addresses His Death
- Expressing gratitude for the love and support from fans and friends.
- Clarifying that rumors about the cause of death are false.
- Sharing the family's struggle to cope with the devastating loss.
Quick Glance: Britney Spears' Crossroads Returns to Theaters for Two Nights
- The Britney Spears movie Crossroads is making a comeback in theaters.
- A merchandise line featuring tops, sweats, jackets, and wardrobe recreations from the movie will also be launched.
- Marc Allenby, CEO of Trafalgar Releasing, said, "We are excited to create an opportunity for fans to enjoy this highly sought after film in cinemas and to support Britney in her upcoming memoir release."
- Three songs from Britney's third album were featured in the film: "I Love Rock 'N' Roll," "Overprotected," and Spears' original song "I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman."
DC Studios co-CEO James Gunn has clarified that John Cena, Xolo Maridueña, and Viola Davis will return as their characters Peacemaker, Blue Beetle ... Show more
Quick Glance: Xolo Maridueña Returns as Blue Beetle
- Xolo Maridueña will return as Jaime Reyes in the new DC Universe film, possibly in a different version of the hero.
- In addition to Maridueña, Viola Davis and John Cena will reprise their previous roles as Amanda Waller and Peacemaker in the DCEU.
- The story of Jaime Reyes (Xolo Maridueña) is not over yet, after Blue Beetle had a disappointing box office performance this summer.
- While it might not be the same version of the hero seen in Ángel Manuel Soto's film earlier this year, some details about his origin might be shared to maintain continuity without interfering with Gunn's plans for the franchise.
Aww! Luka Doncic Gives FIBA Trophy to Leo Martinez's Apo, Who Was Named Luka, After Himself
Quick Glance: Sophia Loren: Italian Star Undergoes Emergency Surgery After Fall
- Loren had a long career, born into poverty in Naples.
- She became a Hollywood star, winning an Oscar in 1962 for Vittorio de Sica's film La Ciociara (Two Women) about a wartime mother's rape.
- She also starred alongside Hollywood greats like Marlon Brando, Frank Sinatra, and Cary Grant.
- The star portrayed a Holocaust survivor who forms a bond with a 12-year-old Senegalese immigrant.
Quick Glance: First sighting of Hugh Jackman after separation
- After 27 years of marriage, the couple announced their separation to pursue personal growth.
- The separation has come as a surprise to many.
- In April, Jackman praised his wife in an Instagram post on their 27th wedding anniversary.
Quick Glance: Nicolas Cage in A24 Comedy 'Dream Scenario'
- Nicolas Cage experiences a reality that is stranger than fiction in Kristoffer Borgli's TIFF breakout film.
- A hapless family man named Paul Matthews is thrown into chaos when millions of strangers suddenly start seeing him in their dreams.
- Director Borgli, known for 'Sick of Myself,' writes and directs this A24 film, produced by Ari Aster, Cage, Lars Knudsen, Tyler Campellone, and Jacob Jaffke.
- Cage discusses the meta quality of 'Dream Scenario' in relation to his decades of fame and his parody of memes in 'The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent' (2022).
Sophia Loren in 25 vintage shots: On 20 September 1934 in Rome, Sophia Loren was born. With her doe-eyed gaze and full lips, she became one of the greatest icons ...
Quick Glance: Culture Enabled Russell Brand
- Brand did not create the culture of the Noughties.
- We fostered a culture with leaked sex tapes and upskirt pictures of female celebrities.
- It was a time of sexual permissiveness, mainly granted to men.
- Culture doesn’t produce predators, but it can facilitate them.
Quick Glance: Drew Barrymore delays season launch due to Hollywood strikes
- National Book Awards drop Barrymore as host for this year.
- Barrymore waits for labor issues to be resolved before resuming production of her talk show.
- Her show resumed in New York last week and was picketed by striking writers.
- Talk shows fall under a separate contract, the Network Code, different from the one actors and writers are striking.
Recommended for you