News articles on this subject
Why Dean Phillips is not running for reelection to Congress in 2024: 'Time to pass the torch'
Quick Glance: Dean Phillips Opts Out of Congressional Reelection in 2024: 'Time for a New Generation'
- Democrat Dean Phillips is challenging President Joe Biden in the 2024 primary and is heeding his own advice to pass the torch.
- The 54-year-old Phillips will not seek reelection to the U.S. House and is opening up his congressional seat.
- Phillips is urging Biden to also forgo seeking reelection as both parties vie for control of Congress.
- As one of about a dozen lawmakers not seeking reelection next year, Phillips becomes part of the contest for congressional control.
Frustrated lawmakers run for the exits: ‘DC is broken’: The public has increasingly soured on Congress — and now, some House lawmakers are starting to agree ...
Biden turns 81 as worries about his age weigh on re-election prospects: If re-elected, Biden would be 86 by the end of his second term in office.
Kamala Harris to visit Houston for Hispanic outreach event: The Monday event will be a “community conversation” hosted by the Congressional Hispanic Caucus.
Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin says he will not seek reelection: Manchin, 76, said he would instead be traveling the country to gauge “creating a movement to ...
Quick Glance: Democratic Senator Manchin to Step Down
- Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) announced on Thursday that he will not seek re-election in 2024.
- Manchin plans to travel the country and advocate for mobilizing the middle and uniting Americans.
- During a Senate Appropriations committee hearing on November 8, 2023, Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) provided insight into the struggles of Congress to reach a deal to prevent a looming partial government shutdown.
‘Pipe down’: Biden allies step up calls for Dems to rally around president: Allies of President Biden are stepping up calls for Democrats to rally around the ...
Virginia Rep. Abigail Spanberger is running for governor in 2025 instead of seeking reelection to the House
Quick Glance: Abigail Spanberger Declares 2025 Virginia Governor Candidacy
- Politics | Spanberger announces Virginia governor candidacy, leaving her House seat at stake.
- Spanberger helped win the House majority in 2018, and her decision could make it harder for Democrats to regain control in 2024.
- Spanberger is seen as one of the strongest Democratic candidates to succeed Governor Glenn Youngkin, a Republican who is term-limited.
- Spanberger, a prominent Virginia Democrat who repeatedly won in a conservative-leaning district, announced she would run for governor in 2025, leaving open a competitive seat crucial to her party's efforts to win back House control next year.
Biden campaign works to ease Democratic anxiety over reelection chances: The president and his team are facing calls to become more active and aggressive in ...
Manchin says he would ‘absolutely’ consider presidential run, citing need to ‘save the country’
Quick Glance: Manchin's Potential Presidential Candidacy
- Senator Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) is considering a presidential run, shortly after stating he would not seek re-election to the Senate.
- In an interview, Manchin emphasized that every capable American should have the opportunity to run for president to help save the country.
- He expressed significant concerns about another term for former President Trump and also about President Biden being pushed too far to the left.
- Manchin has been mentioned as a possible 2024 presidential candidate alongside the group No Labels, advocating for a third-party ticket.
Axelrod: Biden has ‘no better’ than a 50-50 shot at reelection: The Democratic strategist's unsolicited advice followed a poll that showed Biden trailing ...
Democratic congresswoman Anna Eshoo won’t seek reelection in 2024: The California Democrat, who was first elected to Congress in 1992, is among more than three ...
Democrats in Bob Menendez's power base ditch him for Tammy Murphy: It deals a huge blow to the senior senator's chances of another term.
Democrats could lose the White House and Senate in 2024: Democrats chances of keeping the Senate are dwindling at the same time Biden's falling behind in ...
Manchin ‘considering’ leaving Democratic party: Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) suggested Wednesday that he is “considering” leaving the Democratic party in comments ...
Axelrod: Biden ‘wouldn’t be the first’ to call me a ‘pr‑‑‑’ : Former Obama adviser David Axelrod brushed aside reporting that President Biden used colorful ...
Axelrod’s sharp criticism gives nod to lingering Obama-Biden tensions : Lingering tensions between the Biden and Obama teams broke into the open this week when ...
RNC's Ronna McDaniel says GOP must talk about abortion following election losses: The issue of abortion dealt a blow to Republicans in last week's elections ...
Trump vows to unleash feds on critics in revenge push if he wins reelection: The once-and-maybe-future president is openly detailing plans to order authorities ...
Nate Silver says it's risky for Dems to nominate Biden : “Democrats would be taking a huge risk by replacing Biden — but they’re also taking a huge risk by ...
Representative Dan Kildee won't seek reelection - UPI.com: Dan Kildee, D-Mich has announced he is not seeking reelection.
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!