Susanne Daubner bringt auf Sendung gewöhnlich nichts aus der Ruhe. An diesem Morgen kommt der ...
Quick Glance: Sprecherin Daubner's Laughing Fit on ARD Morning Magazine
- Daubner bursts into laughter and can't stop for almost a minute.
- Daubner returns to the moderator team, who welcomes her with a remorseful gesture.
- Possibly, a blocker is preventing this due to your browser settings.
Quick Glance: Kia and Hyundai recall 3.37 million US vehicles over fire risks
- Recall affects a total of about 1.7 million vehicles.
- Potential fire risk due to brake fluid leaks.
- Hyundai reports 21 fires and 21 other thermal incidents since 2017.
- Kia reports at least 10 confirmed fires and melting incidents.
Quick Glance: US Soldier Freed from North Korea
- North Korea to expel US soldier after unauthorized entry
- US soldier Travis King, entered North Korea without permission, in US custody in China and in good health
- North Korea expelled soldier two months after entering demilitarized zone (DMZ) between North and South Korea on July 18
- US thanks Sweden and China for support in facilitating release, emphasizes no deals or concessions to North Korea
Quick Glance: Donald Trump held accountable for fraud in New York civil case
- Engoron also ordered the cancellation of certificates that allowed some of Trump's businesses, including the Trump Organization, to operate in New York, and appointed a receiver to manage the businesses' dissolution.
- The judge described how Trump, his adult sons Donald Jr. and Eric, the Trump Organization, and other defendants fabricated valuations and inflated Trump's net worth to meet their business needs.
- Christopher Kise, a lawyer representing Trump, stated, 'Today's scandalous decision is completely detached from the facts and the applicable law.'
- James expressed anticipation in presenting the remaining aspects of her case in court.
Quick Glance: OpenAI Plans Sale of Shares to Investors
- OpenAI is in talks with investors about selling existing shares at a higher valuation.
- The proposed deal could value OpenAI at $80 to $90 billion.
- OpenAI has already raised $300 million through share sales this year.
- Other startups like SpaceX have conducted private share sales to monetize their equity.
Quick Glance: Jeffrey Epstein leaves minimal impact on Wall Street
- Wall Street prepares to move on from the Jeffrey Epstein scandal.
- Some financiers linked to Epstein also face consequences.
- He reached a $63 million deal with the US Virgin Islands to avoid legal claims related to the investigations.
- On September 26, JPMorgan announced it has agreed in principle to pay $75 million to settle litigation with the US Virgin Islands over its former client Jeffrey Epstein, who died by suicide in jail in 2019 while awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges.
Quick Glance: US Astronaut Rubio Lands in Kazakhstan, Delighted to Finally Be Home
- US astronaut Frank Rubio breaks record for longest space flight by an American, landing in Kazakhstan with two Russian cosmonauts.
- Rubio, 47, says with a smile, 'Delighted to finally be home,' after landing with Russian cosmonauts Sergey Prokopyev, 48, and Dmitry Petelin, 40.
- Rubio receives a Russian matryoshka doll while Prokopyev is seen smiling beside the capsule, holding a watermelon he requested on landing.
- Rubio is the first American to spend a full year in space.
Quick Glance: Lawsuit Filed Against eBay for Sale of Harmful Products
- The U.S. government is suing eBay for violating environmental laws by allowing the sale of harmful products.
- EBay allowed the sale of over 343,011 illegal 'defeat' devices that bypass emissions controls.
- Additionally, over 23,000 unregistered pesticides were sold, violating a US Environmental Protection Agency order.
- EBay is defending itself against the lawsuit and removing over 99.9% of the cited products from its website.
Quick Glance: Gritstone Bio secures $433 million US contract for COVID vaccine study
- Gritstone Bio secures a contract worth $433 million from the US government to conduct a mid-stage study of its self-amplifying mRNA COVID-19 vaccine candidate.
- The contract is part of Project NextGen, an initiative by the US Department of Health and Human Services to advance a pipeline of new, innovative vaccines and therapeutics for a more comprehensive and long-lasting protection against COVID-19 infection.
- The study compares the efficacy, safety, and immunogenicity of Gritstone's COVID-19 vaccine candidate with an approved vaccine.
- Gritstone plans to initiate the mid-stage study in the first quarter of the following year.
Quick Glance: Former Microsoft product chief to lead Amazon's device business
- Panos Panay will head Amazon's unit responsible for Alexa and Echo.
- Panay, who led the creation of Microsoft's Surface line, joins Amazon in October.
- Amazon has stated that its devices and services business is not profitable.
- Workers in the hardware unit express concerns about morale and the success of upcoming devices.
Quick Glance: Google's 25-Year Journey from Dorm to Internet Dominance
- Over 25 years ago, two Stanford University students brainstormed in their dormitory and came up with the idea to create an internet search engine that would organize and rank web pages.
Quick Glance: Celebrities Go Monochromatic at Dior's Spring 2024 Show
- Paris Fashion Week concludes with Dior's Spring 2024 runway show.
- Celebrities choose monochromatic looks in neutral tones.
- Blackpink's Jisoo wears a little black dress, while Anya Taylor-Joy dons a modernized bar jacket.
- Explore the best-dressed celebrities at Christian Dior's Spring 2024 show.
Quick Glance: Airbnb CEO encourages Parisians to rent out their homes for the Olympics
- Airbnb expects to host up to half a million people in Paris during the 2024 Olympics and urges more Parisians to rent out their homes.
- There aren't enough hotel rooms in Paris to accommodate everyone.
- Paris' tourism office expects about 16 million people to visit the Paris region during the Olympics.
- To ensure affordable prices, hosts will be informed that listings with the best value for money will be prioritized in search results.
Quick Glance: Saint Laurent Spring 2024: Anthony Vaccarello's Unique Take on Cargo
- Inspired by iconic female aviators
- Assertive sophistication with lasting femininity by incorporating elements from men's wardrobe
- Discover the entire Saint Laurent Spring 2024 collection
According to a judge, former US President Donald Trump intentionally ...
Case against ex-president
Quick Glance: Trump Faces Fraud Charges: New York Judge Holds Him Accountable
- Former US President Donald Trump suffered a major legal defeat.
- Judge Arthur Engoron ruled that Trump and his company can be held liable for fraud.
- Trump manipulated the value of his Trump Organization for years, committing fraud.
- Trump is accused of inflating his wealth by up to $3.6 billion to obtain loans more easily.
Quick Glance: Rising Oil Prices Drive US Drilling, Costs Increase - Dallas Fed
- Oil and gas activities in three key energy producing US states are increasing with the recent rise in energy prices.
- Survey shows optimism in the oil industry despite increased costs for oilfield services.
- Exploration activities are driving the increase, with the survey's business activity index rising to 10.9 in the third quarter.
- Cost inflation remains a factor, but rising oil prices may finally encourage more drilling.
Private solar systems in conjunction with electric car chargers should be ...
Rush of applications
Quick Glance: Rush on Solar Charging System Grants Overloads KfW Portal
- KfW portal overwhelmed after launch of solar charging station grants
- Fast applicants receive money
- State development bank overloaded due to competitive principle
- Fast charging points grow twice as fast as the total stock
Quick Glance: Bank of America CEO: Fed prevails against inflation for now
- Bank of America Chairman and CEO Brian Moynihan speaks before Senate committee on banking
- The Federal Reserve has emerged victorious in the battle against inflation for now
- Interest rates are expected to remain high for a longer period
- Moynihan was en route to Washington following his remarks in New York
President Joe Biden said on Wednesday that a government shutdown is not evitable, but that if there is one ...
Quick Glance: Biden: No Inevitable Government Shutdown
- Biden believes nothing is inevitable in politics.
- A government shutdown is possible if a budget deal is not reached.
- A government shutdown could impact important work in science and health.
- Biden calls on Republican friends in the House of Representatives to fund the government.
Complaints about heat issues with the iPhone 15 Pro models are not related ...
Quick Glance: iPhone 15: Biggest Upgrade with More Features and Power
- The iPhone 15 represents the biggest generational upgrade, offering more features and power than the iPhone 14.
- Improved maximum brightness (2000 nits) and USB-C port for more versatile charging.
- The iPhone 15 utilizes the powerful A16 Bionic chip from the iPhone 14 Pro.
- An upgrade that surpasses the iPhone 14 and has been named the best value iPhone in 2023.
Quick Glance: EU: X Identified as Primary Source of Disinformation
- Over 6,000 unique social media posts were examined
- Study analyzes disinformation risk in Spain, Poland, and Slovakia
- TrustLab conducts study to support the EU's code of practice on disinformation
- X, formerly known as Twitter, is subject to the EU's Digital Services Act (DSA)
Quick Glance: Powerball Jackpot: $835 Million, Fourth Largest in History
- The Powerball jackpot has soared to an impressive $835 million after players were unable to beat the odds in the latest drawing.
- Monday's drawing produced 'more than 1.2 million winning tickets across the country, including four tickets (three in Florida and one in Oregon) that matched all five white balls to win $1 million prizes,' according to Powerball.
- The odds of winning are approximately 1 in 292.2 million, according to the lottery.
- The $835 million jackpot, with a lump sum payout of $390.4 million, is the 'second-largest jackpot this year and the fourth-largest jackpot in the history of the game.' The biggest Powerball win ever, a $2.04 billion jackpot, was achieved in November 2022.
Quick Glance: Uber appoints Mahendra-Rajah as CFO
- Prashanth Mahendra-Rajah named as Uber's new finance chief
- Mahendra-Rajah will join Uber on November 13
- He replaces Nelson Chai, who announced his plan to step down in August
- Mahendra-Rajah brings extensive financial industry experience
Quick Glance: Eric Trump criticizes court ruling on Mar-a-Lago value
- Eric Trump criticized a judge's valuation of Mar-a-Lago in a fraud case, claiming the Florida property could be worth over a billion dollars.
Quick Glance: Amazon sued for price manipulation and unfair competition
- US regulators and 17 states are suing Amazon for allegations of using its market position to increase prices and overcharge sellers.
- They are seeking a permanent court injunction to prevent Amazon from continuing its unlawful behavior and restore competition.
- The complaint accuses Amazon of engaging in anti-competitive practices that discourage sellers from offering lower prices on other websites.
- The lawsuit also claims that Amazon forces sellers to use its Fulfillment by Amazon logistics service to qualify for Amazon Prime, despite their preference for alternative shipping services.
Quick Glance: Hollywood writers strike ends after guild leaders approve contract
- Hollywood's writers strike is declared over after union board members approve a contract agreement with studios.
- The writers still need to vote on the contract in October, but the strike will be lifted to allow them to work during the voting process.
- The writers were given the details of the contract for the first time after the board votes.
- SAG-AFTRA actors vote to potentially expand their strike to include the video game market.
Quick Glance: UAW to Strike Additional Auto Targets on Friday Without Progress - Source
- US President Joe Biden joins the United Auto Workers picket line in Belleville, Michigan.
- The United Auto Workers union plans to strike additional Detroit Three automotive facilities on Friday if there is no serious progress in labor negotiations, according to a source familiar with the talks.
- UAW President Shawn Fain plans to announce new targets at 10 a.m. ET Friday in online remarks, and workers would walk out of those sites at noon, the source said.
- The union historically selects one of the Detroit Three as the target for negotiations, setting the pattern for subsequent deals.
Quick Glance: UAW President Criticizes Trump's Loyalty to the 'Billionaire Class' Ahead of Visit
- UAW President Shawn Fain criticizes former President Trump, stating that he serves a 'billionaire class,' one day before Trump's visit to Detroit to speak with union members.
- Fain added, 'He serves a billionaire class, and that's the problem in this country.'
- Fain stated, 'All you have to do is look at his track record.'
- Fain said, 'And the ultimate proof of how much he cares about our workers was in 2019 when he was the president of the United States.'
Quick Glance: Mitsubishi Motors to Cease Production in China
- Mitsubishi Motors is discontinuing its vehicle production in China.
- The company has initiated final discussions on the withdrawal with Guangzhou Automobile Group (GAC).
- Mitsubishi's sales in China have been declining due to the increasing popularity of electric vehicles and local brands.
Quick Glance: 'Sound of Freedom' - A Groundbreaking Independent Film
- The controversial film about child trafficking, Sound of Freedom, has become one of the most successful independent films of all time.
- Starring Jim Caviezel as Tim Ballard, the founder of anti-trafficking organization Operation Underground Railroad (O.U.R), the film has surpassed all expectations and emerged as the 10th most profitable film in the U.S. this year.
- With a budget of $15 million, the film has earned $212,587,173 worldwide and made it into the top 20 of highest-grossing independent films.
- Thanks to a grassroots campaign, Angel Studios raised the millions of dollars needed to distribute and market the film globally.
Barry Manilow has just overtaken The King himself, Elvis Presley, for the most shows at Westgate Las Vegas ...
Quick Glance: Barry Manilow breaks Elvis's Las Vegas record
- Barry Manilow surpasses Elvis Presley for the most shows at Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino.
- That's a remarkable achievement for Manilow and showcases Las Vegas as a popular destination for live music.
- Manilow announces additional Vegas dates up to 2024.
- Can he surpass Rihanna? Usher will soon receive validation in the Super Bowl halftime show.
Footage from a GoPro has captured the view from inside a British Typhoon fighter as it lands (and takes off) on a road in Finland as part of an exercise.
Quick Glance: Fascinating Footage Shows Typhoon Landing on Road
- GoPro footage captures the perspective from inside a British Typhoon fighter as it lands on a road in Finland.
- The RAF's exercises align with the goal of the Agile Combat Employment (ACE) strategy.
- ACE requires flexibility and agility from RAF personnel and resources.
- First-ever RAF Typhoon to operate from a Finnish road strip.
Recommended for you