Quick Glance: Michigan Football Cancels Historic Ohio State Game, Harbaugh's Future in Spotlight
- Due to a COVID-19 outbreak, the Michigan vs. Ohio State game is canceled after 103 years.
- Coach Jim Harbaugh and AD Warde Manuel face questions about Harbaugh's long-term future.
- Prospective recruits are concerned about Harbaugh's leadership.
- A decision on Harbaugh's retention should be made before potential replacements are hired.
Quick Glance: Alligator Denied Access to Baseball Match
- Wally the Alligator currently in custody
- Animal assistance common at sports events
- Wally serving as emotional support alligator
- Wally denied entry to baseball venue
Former Arizona Cardinal receiver Larry Fitzgerald now a member of Pitt Hall of Fame
Quick Glance: Bobby Witt Jr. achieves MLB's exclusive 30-30 club
- Bobby Witt Jr. reaches another significant milestone on Friday night.
- The rising star of the Kansas City Royals became the 45th member of Major League Baseball's exclusive 30-30 club: 30 home runs and 30 stolen bases in a season.
- He's also the first player from the Royals to achieve a 30-30 season.
- Witt is the third player to join the 30-30 club this season, following outfielders Ronald Acuña Jr. (Atlanta Braves) and Julio Rodriguez (Seattle Mariners).
Quick Glance: Judge Ends Conservatorship of Ex-NFL Player Michael Oher and Memphis Couple
- Former Titans Offensive Tackle Oher stands for the National Anthem.
- Oher signed the agreement at 18 while living with the couple as he was being recruited by colleges as a talented high school football player.
- Gomes expressed shock over the approval of such an agreement.
- Oher and Tuohys listened in via video conference call but did not speak.
Quick Glance: Crawford leads Mariners to victory over Rangers, keeping playoff hopes alive
- Mariners win against Rangers, staying in the playoff race
- Crawford identified as potential captain of the Mariners
- Rangers have lead in AL West ahead of Houston and Seattle
- Crawford receives standing ovation after hitting a home run
The guard, traded to Milwaukee on Wednesday, thanked the Blazers fans ...
Damian Lillard writes long, heartfelt letter to Rip City
Quick Glance: Trail Blazers trade Damian Lillard to the Milwaukee Bucks in unexpected move
- The Portland Trail Blazers traded Damian Lillard to the Milwaukee Bucks, causing a stir not only in the NBA but also in the sports world.
- The Bucks acquired Lillard, while Portland received Jrue Holiday, Deandre Ayton, Toumani Camara, an unprotected first-round Bucks pick in 2029, and an unprotected Bucks pick swap in 2028.
- The surprise is not that Lillard was traded - that was expected.
- The shock is that Lillard is going to Milwaukee, not the Miami Heat.
Quick Glance: The 'Taylor Swift Effect' Boosts Football Spending
- The connection between Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce has fans excited for the Kansas City Chiefs vs New York Jets game.
- Swift's appearance in Kansas City has led to a surge in Jets ticket sales.
- Official NFL e-commerce partner Fanatics saw a nearly 400% increase in sales of Travis Kelce jerseys.
Dominic Thiem won the ATP tournament in the 250 category against Marcos Giron 6:3, 3:6 ...
Quick Glance: ATP Astana: Thiem defeats Giron in three sets
- Thiem emerges victorious against Giron in Astana.
- Thiem converts his first break point with a great forehand.
- Giron doesn't give up, despite weaknesses on his backhand.
- Thiem ensures the set is tied with his own efforts.
Quick Glance: Sea Lion Escapes Flooded Enclosure at Central Park Zoo, Swims to Freedom in Heavy Rain
- A sea lion experienced a taste of freedom - and murky brown floodwaters - when heavy rain flooded the sea lion pool at Central Park Zoo on Friday.
- The zoo was closed on Friday due to inclement weather - but the adventurous sea lion swam outside her enclosure as several inches of rain overwhelmed the plaza around the pool.
- The Wildlife Conservation Society oversees the Central Park Zoo, as well as the Bronx Zoo, Prospect Park Zoo, Queens Zoo, and the New York Aquarium.
- Central Park received nearly 6 inches of rain on Friday, according to the National Weather Service - levels not seen since Hurricane Ida in 2021.
The Baltimore Orioles completed one of the greatest turnarounds in ...
'It's worth it'
Quick Glance: Orioles secure 30-year lease agreement for Camden Yards through in-game announcement
- The Orioles announced on Thursday night on the video board at Oriole Park that the team and Maryland Stadium Authority have reached a new 30-year lease agreement to keep the team in Baltimore.
- After the announcement, a jubilant Moore was seen in the Camden Yards concourse hugging people and affirming that the lease was for 30 years.
- The approval of the Maryland Stadium Authority board and the Board of Public Works is required.
- As part of their pursuit of a lease agreement, Angelos sought commercial development rights to state-owned parking lots B and C, which are situated on valuable land between Oriole Park at Camden Yards and the Ravens’ M&T Bank Stadium.
The San Francisco Giants fired Gabe Kapler, the 2021 Manager of the Year, after their struggles in ...
Quick Glance: SF Giants fire Gabe Kapler after 4 seasons
- Gabe Kapler was fired following a spectacular September collapse, despite recently earning the endorsement of the club's chairman.
- Manager Farhan Zaidi recommended Kapler's firing, which was approved by ownership.
- Kapler led the team through the 2020 pandemic and achieved a franchise-record 107 wins and a postseason berth in 2021.
- The Giants have only made the playoffs and finished with a winning record under Kapler during Zaidi's five-year tenure.
Quick Glance: Bryce Harper's Outburst at Ángel Hernández After Controversial Check-Swing Call
- Phillies outfielder Bryce Harper was ejected on Thursday after arguing with third base umpire Ángel Hernández over his decision to rule him out on strikes on an attempted check swing.
- Hernández, however, believed that Harper completed the swing and called the 30-year-old out on strikes.
- An angry Harper then charged towards third base and berated the umpire.
- While walking to the dugout after his ejection, Harper threw his helmet into the crowd, generating a loud cheer from the fans at Citizens Bank Park.
Packers Fan Pours Beer on Amon-Ra St. Brown After Lions TD: A joyous celebration moment turned awry when one fan took things too far.
Quick Glance: Jays host Rays in potential postseason preview
- September 30 - The Toronto Blue Jays can secure a wild-card spot and win their three-game series against the Tampa Bay Rays on Saturday afternoon.
- The Rays (97-63) have already secured the first wild-card spot and are currently in preparation mode.
- At the moment, that would be the Blue Jays.
- Rays team MVP Yandy Diaz returned on Friday and hit a two-run home run along with a walk.
Quick Glance: Marlins secure wildcard spot by defeating Pirates
- The Miami Marlins overcome a sleepless night to defeat the Pirates in Pittsburgh.
- A victory by the Marlins or one loss each for both the Chicago Cubs and the Cincinnati Reds would send Miami to the postseason.
- Marlins manager Skip Schumaker sees the effects of sleep deprivation on his players, but they bounce back.
- With one more victory in Pittsburgh, the Marlins can prevent the game on Monday in New York.
Quick Glance: Cubs' Playoff Hopes at Stake as Brewers Stand in the Way
- September 30 - Even after securing the National League Central title, the Milwaukee Brewers still pose a threat within the division.
- Carlos Santana's walk-off double in the 10th inning on Friday sealed the Brewers' 4-3 victory over the Cubs, putting Chicago's playoff chances in jeopardy.
- The Marlins currently hold a 1 1/2-game lead over the Cubs and the Cincinnati Reds (82-78) for the final National League wild-card spot.
- Cubs right-hander Kyle Hendricks, who allowed three runs on five hits in 4 1/3 innings on Friday, acknowledged the team's dire situation: 'We know where we're at -- back against the wall.'
Quick Glance: Red Sox end 5-game losing streak with win over Orioles
- Nick Pivetta throws seven shutout innings and Boston wins 3-0.
- Trevor Story drives in two runs for Boston with a home run.
- The Orioles end their five-game winning streak.
- Whitlock contributes three strikeouts to Boston's pitching success with his first save.
Quick Glance: NBA suspends Joshua Primo for 'inappropriate behavior'
- Joshua Primo averaged 5.9 points, 2.3 rebounds, and 1.8 assists in 54 games for the Spurs.
- Former San Antonio Spurs point guard Joshua Primo has been suspended for four games by the NBA over allegations of exposing himself to women.
- An NBA investigation concluded that he engaged in 'inappropriate behavior' that was 'detrimental to the league'.
- The 20-year-old has not played in the NBA since his Spurs contract was terminated in October 2022 following allegations of exposing himself to the team's former sports psychologist on multiple occasions. She then sued the Spurs and Primo, and the complaint was settled out of court.
J.P. Crawford hit a grand slam and Ty France and Josh Rojas added solo homers as the Seattle Mariners ...
Quick Glance: M's Defeat Rangers: J.P. Crawford Hits Grand Slam
- Texas starter Nathan Eovaldi (12-5) allows 7 runs in 3 1/3 innings.
- Brandon Belt and Matt Chapman each hit a solo home run for the Blue Jays, who are closing in on securing an American League wild-card spot.
- Kody Funderburk (2-0) earns the win with 2 scoreless innings of relief.
- Carter Kieboom hits a 3-run homer, Dominic Smith with a 2-run shot, and Lane Thomas, Keibert Ruiz, and Jake Alu with solo home runs for Washington, which ranks near the bottom in the majors with 151 home runs.
Quick Glance: No. 19 Oregon State Dominates No. 10 Utah with 21-7 Victory
- Oregon State's defense rebounds after humiliation against Washington State and delivers a near-historic performance.
- Silas Bolden scores two touchdowns as OSU's defense holds Utah in check.
- Following Defensive Coordinator Trent Bray's worst performance in his 21-game career against Washington State, the determined Beavers defense stops Utah, limiting them to 198 yards.
Bud Light boycott movement goes after Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce: The Kansas City Chiefs tight end has become a popular spokesperson who has endorsed both Bud ...
Quick Glance: Padres Secure Narrow Victory over White Sox
- Nick Martinez recorded eight strikeouts in five scoreless innings, leading the San Diego Padres to a 3-2 win against the Chicago White Sox on Friday night.
- Martinez achieved a season high in strikeouts, helping San Diego (80-80) secure their third consecutive win.
- Yoan Moncada and Carlos Perez each hit a home run for Chicago (61-99).
- Martinez allowed two hits and two walks before giving way to the bullpen.
FC Barcelona icon Lionel Messi has decided to leave Inter Miami in 2025 according to El Nacional. Furthermore, the Argentine has already chosen his next ... Show more
Quick Glance: Lionel Messi to Leave Inter Miami After Short Period
- Messi plans to stay at the club until 2025
- According to El Nacional, the 37-year-old will join boyhood club Newell's Old Boys when his current contract expires
- Messi has adapted well to life in America and his on-field performances reflect his satisfaction
- Lionel Messi is highly respected at Newell's Old Boys and could make a return to his hometown club
Quick Glance: Blue Jays capture wild-card spot against Rays
- Alejandro Kirk smashes a home run and three RBIs, Bo Bichette goes 4-for-5 with three runs and one RBI as the Toronto Blue Jays defeat the Tampa Bay Rays 11-4 on Friday night.
- Yandy Diaz hits a two-run homer for the Rays (97-63), securing the first AL wild-card berth.
- The game marks the opening of the three-game series that concludes the regular season.
- Toronto scores three runs in the third inning against Zack Littell.
Quick Glance: Dianne Feinstein, California Senator and Pioneer of Liberal Priorities, Dies at 90
- California Senator Dianne Feinstein, a moderate Democrat and advocate for liberal causes, has passed away at the age of 90.
- Feinstein was a trailblazer and champion in local and national politics.
- President Joe Biden described her as a pioneering American and a cherished friend.
- Feinstein's bipartisan efforts led to legislative wins throughout her career.
Quick Glance: Stricter Punishments for Betting on League Games
- Players who bet on their own teams will receive a minimum two-year suspension.
- Betting on NFL games will result in a minimum one-year suspension.
- Players are still allowed to legally bet on non-NFL matters outside of the workplace.
- The league is partnering with the NFL Players Association (NFLPA) to create a program that educates players about the policy changes.
Recommended for you