Quick Glance: Farewell to Megan Rapinoe: Soccer icon departs U.S. national team
- In her final game for the national team, Megan Rapinoe bids farewell as an international soccer player.
- She became both a hero and a villain at the 2019 Women's World Cup in France.
- Rapinoe's soccer career is not yet over.
- She will finish the season with her club team, OL Reign.
With his statement on gender and racist song lyrics, pop singer Heino has caused a stir ...
Fuss about Heino statements
Quick Glance: Controversy Surrounding Heino's Statements - Concert at Risk
- Heino's statements about gendering and racist song lyrics have caused a stir.
- Criticism is not only directed at Heino, but also at Killing, who did not respond appropriately.
Quick Glance: AFL CEO Condemns Welcome to Country Call
- McLachlan strongly disagrees with Newman's comments and condemns them.
- The Welcome to Country ceremony and the anthem are respected and inclusive.
- Newman doubles down on his comments and targets AFL legend Adam Goodes.
- Newman claims that those who perform the Welcome to Country benefit from it.
Pop singer Heino caused a stir on Tuesday morning with an interview on Sat.1 breakfast television. The reason for the dispute? Heino had made derogatory ... Show more
Quick Glance: Heino triggers gender controversy on TV
- Heino discusses gendering and traditions.
- The broadcaster responds - show no longer accessible.
- Heino, at nearly 85, refuses to be dictated how to speak.
- Heino sings about his culture here.
Quick Glance: Police Use Taser to Stop Alabama School Band Director
- Johnny Mims, band director at Minor High School, was arrested for refusing to stop the band from playing after their team's victory.
- Mr. Mims did not comply, and the verbal confrontation with the police escalated.
- Officers from the Birmingham Police Department proceeded to arrest him.
- Chief Scott Thurmond of the Birmingham Police Department met with Mayor Randall Woodfin and the superintendents of both the Birmingham and Jefferson County school districts before releasing body camera footage of the incident.
Chris Stapleton, Snoop Dogg, and Cindy Blackman Santana recorded a new version of Phil ...
Quick Glance: Explaining Monday Night Football's New Theme by Chris Stapleton and Snoop Dogg
- Monday Night Football officially kicks off in Week 2 with a bizarre, semi-official start to the season.
- Country music mega-star Chris Stapleton performs Phil Collins' "In the Air Tonight," with Snoop Dogg offering "football-centric rap verses," according to USA Today.
- Stapleton was a massive hit at the Super Bowl.
- Snoop is a reliable choice for the NFL.
Quick Glance: Schlager star Roger Whittaker (✝87) dies after stroke
- Roger Whittaker lived to be 87 years old.
- Whittaker's career was impressive.
- His music reached millions of people, not only in Germany.
- After his military service and teaching in Nairobi, Whittaker moved to Europe.
Quick Glance: ICC announces high prize money for ODI World Cup
- Total prize pool of $10 million will be distributed
- Winner of each match in the league stage gets $40,000
- Runners-up receive $2 million, winners get $4 million
- Semifinals to take place in Mumbai and Kolkata
Quick Glance: Pac-2 Stands Strong Despite College Football Abandonment
- Washington State hosts Oregon State in a game featuring the stranded Pac-12 programs.
- No relegation for underperforming teams, says Washington State President.
- Over the past 14 months, the conference has diminished for Oregon State and Washington State.
- The worst day was Aug. 5, when five teams, including Oregon and Washington, left the conference.
Kelly Clarkson, Daughter River Share New Song 'You Don't Make Me Cry': Kelly Clarkson has released a new song, 'You Don't Make Me Cry ...
Nirvanas Album "In Utero": Neuauflagen mit unveröffentlichten Songs: Nirvanas drittes und letztes Album "In Utero" wird neu veröffentlicht – mit 53 bislang ...
Quick Glance: K-pop Group NewJeans to Perform League of Legends Worlds Anthem
- Riot Games is collaborating with K-pop group NewJeans for the anthem of the League of Legends World Championship, set to be released on October 3rd.
- Girl group NewJeans, best known for hits like 'Super Shy', will be behind the new song.
- Riot has previously worked with renowned artists such as Imagine Dragons and Porter Robinson. Last year's anthem was performed by Lil Nas X.
- The songs typically have an epic feel to hype up the event. NewJeans, with their deliberately laid-back vibe, is an interesting choice.
Recommended for you