Quick Glance: Christie's Accountability for Islamophobia and Antisemitism Rise
- Chris Christie attributes part of the rise in antisemitism and Islamophobia across the country to Donald Trump.
- Christie recently visited Israel.
- The Post reached out to the Trump campaign for a comment.
- Despite his current third place, Christie remains optimistic about his chances, drawing parallels to the late Sen. John McCain's position in 2008.
Quick Glance: Romney Prefers Any Democrat Over Trump in 2024
- Republican Senator Mitt Romney signaled that almost any candidate in the 2024 field, regardless of party, would be an 'upgrade' over another term for former President Trump.
- Romney stated that he would be happy to support and vote for almost any Republican, as well as for some Democrats.
- After Romney announced that he will not seek reelection, this sparked a wave of gloating insults from Trump and his allies.
Quick Glance: Dean Phillips Opts Out of Congressional Reelection in 2024: 'Time for a New Generation'
- Democrat Dean Phillips is challenging President Joe Biden in the 2024 primary and is heeding his own advice to pass the torch.
- The 54-year-old Phillips will not seek reelection to the U.S. House and is opening up his congressional seat.
- Phillips is urging Biden to also forgo seeking reelection as both parties vie for control of Congress.
- As one of about a dozen lawmakers not seeking reelection next year, Phillips becomes part of the contest for congressional control.
Quick Glance: Trump's Impact at USC-Clemson Appearance
- First South Carolina appearance since campaign visit
- Campaign video shows enthusiastic fan reaction to Trump
- First time as Gamecocks' guest, previously attended Clemson game
- Visited Iowa-Iowa State game and scheduled town hall in Bluffton
Quick Glance: Iowa County Supervisor's Wife Convicted of Voting Fraud
- Supervisor's wife convicted for fraudulently filling out election forms for her husband
- She filled out forms for voters with limited English to help her husband's campaign
- Her husband lost the congressional nomination but later won election as supervisor
- Despite no direct witness to Kim Taylor signing documents, she was present in each voter's home during the process
Donald Trump poses the biggest danger to the world in 2024: What his victory in America’s election would mean
Quick Glance: Donald Trump's Impact in 2024
- Trump is dominating the Republican primary, strengthening his position.
- A potential second term for Trump would be organized, retaliatory, and protectionist.
- Trump poses a threat not only to his own country but also to international politics.
- A Trump victory would have profound effects abroad as well.
Quick Glance: Court Ruling: Trump Allowed to Run in Colorado Primaries
- Lawsuit against Trump's candidacy in Colorado dismissed.
- Former US President achieves legal victory.
- Court decision permits Trump to participate in Colorado primaries.
- Judge explains the reason behind Trump's legal win.
Quick Glance: Judge Rules Trump Stays on Colorado Ballot Despite Involvement in Insurrection
- Colorado judge rejects attempt to remove Donald Trump from ballot due to his involvement in an insurrection.
- High-profile challenges against Trump backed by well-funded advocacy groups have so far failed.
- Judge decides Trump can remain on the ballot despite involvement in an insurrection.
- Colorado Secretary of State expects the case to go through the appeals process and will respect the ruling when the primary elections happen next year.
Does a civil-war-era ban on insurrectionists apply to Donald Trump?: So far, America’s judges have been reluctant to involve themselves in the 2024 election
Quick Glance: Rep. Santos Expects Congress Expulsion
- Rep. George Santos anticipates expulsion from Congress following a House Ethics Committee report.
- Santos defiantly stated he won't resign, but acknowledged his time as a member may soon end.
- House Ethics Committee Chair Michael Guest introduced a resolution to expel Santos after Thanksgiving break.
- Many colleagues who previously opposed expulsion now support it, citing the committee's investigation into alleged misconduct by Santos.
Quick Glance: Tim Scott Withdraws from 2024 GOP Presidential Race
- Seven candidates participated in the second Republican primary debate as former US President Donald Trump once again declined to participate.
- Republican presidential candidate and Senator from South Carolina, Tim Scott, announced his withdrawal from the primary race.
- Scott made the announcement on the Fox News program 'Sunday Night in America with Trey Gowdy.'
- The withdrawal came shortly after the third Republican primary debate, following Scott's temporary rise in early state polling during the summer.
Quick Glance: Assessment of 2024 Republican Presidential Candidates
- A former president is dominating the nomination race.
- The favorite is clear and unreachable.
- Several polls indicate an advantage in a general election match-up.
- Haley firmly holds second place in New Hampshire.
The endorsement by Bob Vander Plaats was long expected, but comes as Gov. Ron DeSantis has tried ...
Quick Glance: Iowa Evangelical Leader Backs DeSantis Over Trump
- Ron DeSantis gains endorsement from influential Iowa evangelical leader Bob Vander Plaats
- Vander Plaats expresses doubt about Trump's re-election
- DeSantis and supporting groups paid $95,000 for advertising and event participation
- Vander Plaats believes DeSantis winning in Iowa would reshape the race
Quick Glance: Head of Ron DeSantis Super PAC Resigns Amid Internal Disputes
- Chris Jankowski, CEO of Never Back Down PAC, resigns amidst internal disputes among Ron DeSantis supporters.
- DeSantis campaign and Never Back Down PAC push boundaries of traditional super PAC activities.
- Gov. Ron DeSantis travels across Iowa on PAC-funded bus.
- Presidential campaigns legally barred from coordinating with super PACs.
Quick Glance: Republican Maloy Wins Utah Special Election
- Celeste Maloy, a Republican, wins the special election for the open U.S. House seat in Utah, according to Decision Desk HQ.
- Maloy and Riebe were vying to fill the House vacancy after Stewart's resignation.
- Maloy, former chief legal counsel for Stewart’s congressional office, was the Republican candidate and was expected to win the seat.
- With her victory, Maloy will join Utah's three other Republican House lawmakers and its two Republican senators in Utah's congressional delegation.
Quick Glance: Abigail Spanberger Declares 2025 Virginia Governor Candidacy
- Politics | Spanberger announces Virginia governor candidacy, leaving her House seat at stake.
- Spanberger helped win the House majority in 2018, and her decision could make it harder for Democrats to regain control in 2024.
- Spanberger is seen as one of the strongest Democratic candidates to succeed Governor Glenn Youngkin, a Republican who is term-limited.
- Spanberger, a prominent Virginia Democrat who repeatedly won in a conservative-leaning district, announced she would run for governor in 2025, leaving open a competitive seat crucial to her party's efforts to win back House control next year.
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!