Quick Glance: Judge denies 'fake electors' attempts to move cases to federal court
- Judge denies 'fake electors' attempts to move cases to federal court.
- Judge Jones denies defendants' requests to move their cases.
- Judge Jones rules that 'fake electors' were not federal officials.
- Judge denies defendants' argument of acting under the direction of other federal officers.
Quick Glance: Armenia Seeks World Court Order for Troop Withdrawal in Nagorno-Karabakh
- Armenia requests the World Court to reaffirm its previous orders and to instruct Azerbaijan to refrain from actions aimed at displacing ethnic Armenians from the region.
- Azerbaijan invites a UN mission to visit Nagorno-Karabakh in the coming days, according to the foreign ministry.
- The World Court in The Hague serves as the UN court for resolving disputes between countries.
DFB Cup winners RB Leipzig have parted ways with sports director Max Eberl ...
Just one day before the Bayern game
Quick Glance: RB Leipzig terminates Max Eberl
- Max Eberl is no longer the sports managing director at RB Leipzig.
- Eberl's office in Leipzig began on December 15th.
- The 47-year-old has been the sports director in Leipzig since April.
Quick Glance: Michigan Football Cancels Historic Ohio State Game, Harbaugh's Future in Spotlight
- Due to a COVID-19 outbreak, the Michigan vs. Ohio State game is canceled after 103 years.
- Coach Jim Harbaugh and AD Warde Manuel face questions about Harbaugh's long-term future.
- Prospective recruits are concerned about Harbaugh's leadership.
- A decision on Harbaugh's retention should be made before potential replacements are hired.
Quick Glance: Maldives Presidential Run-off: Pro-India vs Pro-China
- Voters line up at polling stations in the Maldives
- Incumbent leader with pro-India stance against strong pro-China contender
- Maldivians also vote in India, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Britain, and Abu Dhabi
- Muizzu enters the race with support from pro-China former President Abdulla Yameen
Quick Glance: GM and Ford CEOs Clash with UAW as Union Expands Strikes
- GM and Ford CEOs criticize United Auto Workers (UAW) as the union escalates the strike.
- UAW chief Shawn Fain responds by expanding the strike against the Detroit Three.
- Fain orders walk-offs at Ford's Chicago assembly plant and GM's Lansing, Michigan, assembly plant.
- Ford is reconsidering the size and scope of the $3.5 billion Marshall battery plant due to uncertainty over labor costs.
Quick Glance: Putin meets Ex-Wagner commander Andrei Troshev
- Troshev was a former aide of deceased Wagner chief Yevgeny Prigozhin.
- He passed away after a brief march of Wagner troops on Moscow.
- President Putin assigned Mr Troshev to lead volunteer units in Ukraine.
- Mr Troshev now works in the defense ministry, according to Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov.
Quick Glance: Biden and Trump compete for the favor of workers in Michigan
- President Biden and former President Trump emphasize the importance of the working class in Michigan.
- Trump won the battleground states of Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania in 2016, which Biden reclaimed in 2020.
- Biden won the union vote in Michigan with 62% in 2020.
- In 2012, Obama won nonwhite working-class voters by a large margin.
Quick Glance: Ukraine reclaiming ground gradually, according to NATO chief
- Stoltenberg consistently advocates for increased support and faster delivery of air defense systems for Ukraine.
- NATO has framework contracts valued at 2.4 billion euros ($2.53 billion) for ammunition, including 1 billion euros in confirmed orders.
- Stoltenberg also condemned Russian attacks near the border of Ukraine and NATO member Romania.
Napoli said on Thursday they never intended to offend their striker Victor Osimhen with mocking social ...
Quick Glance: Osimhen's Agent Threatens Lawsuit Against Napoli
- Roberto Calenda, the agent of Victor Osimhen, has threatened to take legal action against Napoli after the club mocked their own striker on social media.
- A video that mocked Victor was initially released and then, albeit belatedly, deleted.
Quick Glance: Belgrade to Interrogate Kosovo Serb Leader Radoicic on Violence: Vucic
- Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic stated that controversial Kosovo Serb businessman and politician Milan Radoicic, accused of leading an armed group that killed a Kosovo policeman on Sunday, will be questioned about the violence.
- Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic announced on Wednesday evening that Milan Radoicic, deputy leader of the Belgrade-backed Srpska Lista political party in Kosovo, is in Serbia and will face questions regarding his alleged involvement in the violence in northern Kosovo on Sunday.
- Serbia also observed a day of mourning for the three Kosovo Serbs on Wednesday.
- He mentioned that Serbia will request drone footage of the deaths of the policeman and the three Serbs.
Quick Glance: Mexico calls for Latin American meeting on migration
- Mexican President calls for a meeting of foreign ministers from 10 Latin American countries to discuss migration.
- The meeting is expected to take place in approximately 10 days.
- Joint plan needed to protect migrants and address root causes of migration.
Quick Glance: Donald Trump held accountable for fraud in New York civil case
- Engoron also ordered the cancellation of certificates that allowed some of Trump's businesses, including the Trump Organization, to operate in New York, and appointed a receiver to manage the businesses' dissolution.
- The judge described how Trump, his adult sons Donald Jr. and Eric, the Trump Organization, and other defendants fabricated valuations and inflated Trump's net worth to meet their business needs.
- Christopher Kise, a lawyer representing Trump, stated, 'Today's scandalous decision is completely detached from the facts and the applicable law.'
- James expressed anticipation in presenting the remaining aspects of her case in court.
Quick Glance: Morocco and East Africa's Joint Bid for Future Africa Cup of Nations Finals
- Morocco awarded hosting rights for the 2025 Africa Cup of Nations finals, replacing Guinea.
- A co-bid from Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda secures the hosting rights for 2027.
- Morocco wins after Algeria, Zambia, and a joint bid from Benin and Nigeria withdraw.
- This will be only the second time Morocco hosts Africa's most popular sporting event, 40 years after the last time in 1988.
The military junta in Mali has said it will postpone the presidential election that had been scheduled for February due to "technical reasons". Show more
Quick Glance: Nelson Mandela's Granddaughter Zoleka Mourned as She Passes Away at 43
- Zoleka passed away on Monday evening in the presence of friends and family.
- The office of the attorney general has initiated a criminal investigation against the officials responsible for managing the country's dam facilities.
- A fire that broke out at Nigeria's Supreme Court on Monday has reached a justice's office.
President Biden's latest speech on democracy comes the day after the Republican debate, as a government shutdown looms and as House Republicans hold an ... Show more
Kabataan Representative Raoul Manuel on Tuesday, September 26, questioned the travel spending of the jet-setting President Ferdinand Marcos Jr ... Show more
Quick Glance: Youth lawmaker: No payment for Marcos' 'revenge travels'
- The government under Marcos has spent over P480 million for travels as of September 2023.
- Kabataan Representative Raoul Manuel questioned the travel expenses of President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. and the 'return on investment' for these trips borne by Filipino taxpayers.
- He specifically highlighted Marcos' two trips to Singapore as president - in October 2022 and September 2023 - primarily for the F1 race.
- Filipinos should not bear the cost of revenge travels by our top officials, according to Manuel.
Quick Glance: Passing of 'When Hope Whispers' Author Zoleka Mandela
- Zoleka passed away on Monday evening.
- Zoleka passed away on Monday evening in the presence of friends and family.
- In 2022, Zoleka was diagnosed with cancer in her liver and lungs.
- The author chronicled her 10-year breast cancer journey in an autobiography titled 'When Hope Whispers' and shared the doctors' reports on Instagram following a CT scan.
Quick Glance: French Ambassador Leaves Niger as Relations Deteriorate Following Coup
- Confirmation of France's ambassador departing from Niger.
- French troops will also withdraw from the country.
- Departure comes after the military coup in July.
Quick Glance: PlayStation CEO Jim Ryan to Retire Next Year
- Jim Ryan has held various senior roles at Sony since joining the company in 1994.
- He became CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) in February 2019, a few months before the launch of the PlayStation in 1994.
- Mr. Ryan cited difficulties living in Europe while working in North America as the reason for his decision to leave.
- In a statement, he said, 'I've relished the opportunity to have a job I love in a very special company, working with great people and incredible partners.'
Recommended for you