Gil Ofarim is on trial in Leipzig for defamation. Now the singer has admitted the allegations - and apologized to the hotel ...
Quick Glance: Gil Ofarim Admits to Lying in Court
- Musician Gil Ofarim surprises with confession in defamation trial in Leipzig.
- He admits to lying about an alleged antisemitic incident in a hotel.
- The incriminating video has been deleted, confirmed by Ofarim in court.
- Trial revolves around controversial incident in October 2021 at Leipzig hotel.
Quick Glance: Government Crisis: Merz Criticizes Scholz Speech
- Scholz gives statement on budget crisis and is criticized by Merz.
- Merz announces examination of planned supplementary budget for 2023 by the Ampel government.
- Scholz talks about released hostages and the future of the Ampel coalition.
- Merz criticizes the rhetoric of the AfD politician and the previous CDU government.
Quick Glance: Merz threatens lawsuit over 2024 budget
- CDU leader Friedrich Merz warns against declaring another emergency for the 2024 budget and considers filing a lawsuit with the Constitutional Court.
Quick Glance: Greece Denies Commitment to Discuss Parthenon Sculptures During UK Trip
- Visitors at the British Museum admire ancient Greek sculptures, known as the Elgin Marbles, in London, England.
- Downing Street believed there were assurances that Kyriakos Mitsotakis would not publicly discuss the Parthenon Sculptures during his visit to the UK.
- A Greek government source denied that any commitments were made to the UK regarding Mr. Mitsotakis discussing the marble sculptures during his UK visit.
- The sculptures are a collection of ancient Greek treasures from the Parthenon in Athens, brought to the UK by British diplomat Lord Elgin in the early 19th Century.
With the help of artificial intelligence ...
Satirical action in front of the Chancellery
Quick Glance: Satirical Action: AfD behind Bars at Chancellery
- New art installation unveiled in front of Chancellery.
- Hinweisplattform afd-verbot.de launched.
- 1500 incidents involving 350 individuals recorded.
- Zentrum für Politische Schönheit known for controversial art actions.
Quick Glance: Paris Mayor Condemns X as 'Global Sewer'
- Elon Musk attends AI Safety Summit at Bletchley Park.
- The mayor of Paris announces resignation from X, formerly Twitter, calling it a 'gigantic global sewer' that undermines democracy and peaceful debate.
- Anne Hidalgo criticizes Twitter for contributing to the destruction of democracies and dominating public debate with irrelevant facts.
- She condemns 'its owner' for intentionally exacerbating tensions and conflicts and describes life on Twitter as the opposite of democratic.
Quick Glance: Call for Demolition of Mosques in Sweden
- Demand for immediate halt on new mosque construction in Sweden
- Immediate rejection of the call by Sweden's Prime Minister Ulf Kristersson
- Opposition parties urge the government to expel Sweden Democrat appointed government officials from offices
- Åkesson's call for mosque demolition followed a sustained attack on 'Islamists' and alleged support from the Social Democrats.
Bavaria's Minister President Markus Söder believes the forces of the traffic light coalition ...
Quick Glance: Söder Calls for New Elections Amid Budget Crisis
- CSU leader Markus Söder calls for new elections at the federal level.
- Bavarian Minister President Markus Söder (CSU) demands consequences at the federal level in light of the current budget crisis.
- Söder suggests a possible reformation of the Grand Coalition with the SPD after a new election.
- Söder firmly opposes the abolition or reform of the debt brake.
Quick Glance: Michel Negotiates with Orbán during EU Summit Debate
- Orbán announces veto at EU summit.
- Michel travels to Budapest to halt blackmail.
- Doubt about the seriousness of Orbán's threats.
- Uncertainty about the negotiability of Orbán's veto.
The nation must be vigilant about the Alternative for Germany party — as well as those who would undermine ...
Quick Glance: Germany's Extreme Right Dilemma
- Germany is facing a serious democratic challenge - the possible banning of the second most popular political party.
- The Federal Constitutional Court was urged to declare the right-wing Alternative for Germany (AfD) unconstitutional and dissolve it.
- Italy's first far-right government since World War II is led by the Brothers of Italy.
- Increasing illegal immigration, economic instability, and soaring energy and commodity prices are empowering anti-establishment forces across Europe.
Quick Glance: Power Limitation for Heat Pumps and Charging Points
- In case of grid overload, heat pumps and electric cars can continue running and charging.
- Grid operators can temporarily restrict power consumption of new controllable heat pumps or charging stations.
- Grid operators are no longer allowed to refuse connection of controllable consumption devices.
- The majority of low-voltage grids are not prepared for rapid increase in heat pumps and private charging facilities, according to the authority.
Quick Glance: China's Remarkably Low Crime Rate
- China has the world's largest surveillance camera network controlled by the police.
- The homicide rate in China per 100,000 people is about a tenth of the global average.
- According to state records, only 6,522 people were murdered in 2021, which is approximately 80% lower than two decades ago.
- Surveys indicate that people in China feel safer from violent crime compared to most Western countries and elsewhere.
But now for real: "Wetten, dass . . .?" is over. The show was a huge success ...
Last time "Wetten, dass . . .?"
Quick Glance: Shirin David Challenges Thomas Gottschalk
- Superficially, Thomas Gottschalk and Shirin David got along well, but clearly, generations clashed.
- Shirin David challenges TV titans like Thomas Gottschalk and Dieter Bohlen.
- Did Shirin David cause uncomfortable moments and prompt the moderator to quit?
- Shirin David's dazzling appearance alongside Helene Fischer
Quick Glance: Rise of Hard Right in Dutch Politics
- Inclusion of hard-right in ruling coalitions is becoming common
- Geert Wilders's victory poses a challenge for the EU
- Further success for the hard right in upcoming elections is likely
- Restricting migration remains a key focus for the hard right
Quick Glance: Tesla files lawsuit against Sweden over strikes
- IF Metall Stockholms län chairman Emma Hansson supports strike
- Tesla sues Transport Agency for unfair treatment
- 130 staff at Tesla repair shops demand better working conditions
- Eight other unions target Tesla in sympathy with the repair workers
The accident involved a rope connected to a lift that hoists people up and down the mine ...
Quick Glance: Groundbreaking Agreement Signed to Revive Dodo in Mauritius
- A groundbreaking agreement to revive the dodo in Mauritius
- The dodo, an extinct species from the 17th century
- Symbolizes the fight against species extinction
- Arrest of insurrectionists by Information minister Chernor Bah
Annalena Baerbock admitted at the Green Party conference that a unified approach to European migration policy is difficult to implement ... Show more
Quick Glance: Baerbock and Habeck Oppose Green Asylum Moralism
- The Green Party establishment has thwarted the youth's attempt to steer the party towards a more liberal asylum policy.
- Annalena Baerbock and Robert Habeck employ a political trick to achieve this.
- The Greens are also parting ways with a sacred cow in their policies.
- The delegates of the Green Party conference overwhelmingly support their cabinet members and their asylum policy.
One of the biggest problems of the energy transition: The electricity distribution ...
Stability of the electricity grids
Quick Glance: Stability of Power Grids: New Rules for Heat Pumps
- New rules from January 1 aim to increase grid stability and provide financial relief to those affected.
- From January 1, grid operators may no longer delay or refuse the connection of heat pumps and private electric vehicle charging stations.
- In return, they may throttle the power of these newly connected applications in case of impending grid constraints.
- The government plans for 15 million electric cars on German roads by 2030 and 500,000 new heat pumps installed annually.
Award-winning customs dog Pepi uncovers drugs hidden in children's toys: Pepi, a seasoned drug detection dog working in Turku, Finland, has been named Customs ...
With help from PwC Cyprus, ...
Quick Glance: Tropical Island Pension Fund Scandal Involving US Billionaire
- Former Iranian statesman takes over Ennia in Curacao as a US billionaire.
- Allegations by the Central Bank of Curacao against the US billionaire for asset outflow at Ennia.
- Global company KPMG audited key parts of Ennia's business during the US billionaire's tenure.
- After six years as company CEO, the US billionaire had PwC establish offshore shell companies.
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!