Sylvester Stallone and Jason Statham's "Expend4bles" may fall to "The Nun ...
Quick Glance: Box Office: 'Expendables 4' with Franchise's Weakest Opening Day
- Audiences don't seem to have intended to attend the latest 'Expendables'.
- The fourth entry in the action ensemble franchise achieves the lowest opening day of the series from 3,518 theaters, with about $3 million.
- This figure includes a meager $750,000 from Thursday previews.
Sylvester Stallone’s ailing franchise has the potential to be goofy fun ...
‘Expendables 4’ Review
Quick Glance: Expendables 4: A Hollywood Sequel Embracing Its Own Badness
- A completely braindead and effortlessly crafted film that feels like a lengthy FMV cut-scene from a Sega CD game.
- The creative and aesthetic indifference is remarkable, even for a series that prides itself on being cinema's most glorified direct-to-video project.
- The script feels like it was written by a student trying to plagiarize 'Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty'.
- The action is cut together as if the director had explicit orders to make sure Sylvester Stallone isn't the most incoherent thing in the movie.
Quick Glance: Watch Blue Beetle Online for Free
- The superhero movie was originally planned as an HBO Max streaming release but was changed to a theatrical release during development.
Jawan box office collection day 20: The Atlee film earned over ₹5 crore in India ...
Jawan box office collection
Quick Glance: Shah Rukh Khan's Jawan Sets Record with 1,000 Crore Worldwide
- Shah Rukh Khan's film Jawan continues to make history at the box office.
- According to box office tracker Sachnilk, Jawan entered the 1,000 crore club on Sunday.
- The other films that have crossed 1,000 crore globally are Aamir Khan's Dangal and SRK's other film, Pathaan.
- With Jawan entering the 1,000 crore club, Shah Rukh Khan becomes the only Indian actor with two films in this coveted club, and remarkably, both films were released in the same calendar year.
Quick Glance: Xolo Maridueña Returns as Blue Beetle
- Xolo Maridueña will return as Jaime Reyes in the new DC Universe film, possibly in a different version of the hero.
- In addition to Maridueña, Viola Davis and John Cena will reprise their previous roles as Amanda Waller and Peacemaker in the DCEU.
- The story of Jaime Reyes (Xolo Maridueña) is not over yet, after Blue Beetle had a disappointing box office performance this summer.
- While it might not be the same version of the hero seen in Ángel Manuel Soto's film earlier this year, some details about his origin might be shared to maintain continuity without interfering with Gunn's plans for the franchise.
John Corbett has delighted in rom-coms as a love ...
John Corbett’s Best Roles
Quick Glance: John Corbett's Best Roles: 'Raising Helen,' 'Serendipity,' 'Sex and the City,' 'To All the Boys,' and More
- Who John plays: A philosophical hunk who works as a DJ in a fictional town and plays an eclectic music mix.
- Why it's one of his Cor-best: This role made John Corbett famous and led to him being called an 'Alaskan Adonis' by TV Guide.
- Who John plays: Max, the husband of Toni Collette's titular Tara in the Showtime series 'United States of Tara'.
- Why it's one of his Cor-best: Max is a classic Corbett love interest, simple and reasonable, and devoted to trying to mend things with his wife.
The Expendables franchise seems to be over as the fourth film will limp its way to the top of the charts with a potential ...
Box Office Update
Quick Glance: Box Office Update: Expend4bles is a Flop
- Expend4bles is expected to top the charts with a single-digit opening.
- The numbers for this second to last weekend of September 2023 are pretty terrible.
- Expend4bles is looking to come in severely under expectations with an $8-$10 million opening.
- Despite the horrendous opening, the film will likely claim the top spot at the box office.
Jawan box office collection day 14: The Atlee film has minted ₹10 crore in ...
Jawan box office collection day 14
Quick Glance: Jawan: Shah Rukh Khan's Film Crosses ₹518 Cr Mark in India
- Jawan has crossed the ₹518 crore mark at the domestic box office.
- The film released on September 7 in Hindi, Tamil, and Telugu.
- Directed by Atlee, it stars Shah Rukh Khan, Nayanthara, and Vijay Sethupathi.
- Jawan has collected a total of ₹518.28 crore so far.
Quick Glance: Kenneth Branagh Reaches Directorial Peak with A Haunting in Venice
- A Haunting in Venice is Branagh's best film and the best Agatha Christie adaptation in decades.
- Branagh returns as Hercule Poirot, the iconic Belgian detective with a sweet tooth and the world's most mustachioed mustache.
- The film is based on Agatha Christie's 1969 novel Hallowe'en Party.
- Branagh's debut film received critical acclaim and nominations for Best Actor and Best Director, similar to Orson Welles' Citizen Kane.
Quick Glance: Deepika Padukone: No Fee for Jawan Appearance
- Deepika Padukone discusses her relationship with Shah Rukh Khan, describing them as 'each other's lucky charms'.
- The actress opens up about her relationship with Shah Rukh Khan after her recent cameo in Jawan.
- Deepika made her Bollywood debut alongside Shah Rukh in the 2007 film Om Shanti Om.
- I am always there for any special appearance for Shah Rukh Khan.
Nayanthara plays a single mom and a cop in the film Jawan. Shah Rukh Khan has ...
Shah Rukh calls Nayanthara's Jawan role amazing
Quick Glance: Shah Rukh praises Nayanthara's impressive role in Jawan
- Nayanthara portrays the character of a single mother and cop in Jawan.
- Shah Rukh quickly acknowledges Nayanthara's exceptional performance.
- First-ever collaboration between Shah Rukh Khan and director Atlee.
Actor-director Kenneth Branagh returns as Agatha Christie’s detective in a ghostly whodunit featuring ...
‘A Haunting in Venice’ Review
Quick Glance: Box Office Success: 'A Haunting in Venice' Aims for $15 Million Debut
- 'A Haunting in Venice,' Kenneth Branagh's latest adaptation of Agatha Christie's murder mystery novels, is expected to frighten the competition at the box office.
- It is targeting a modest $13 million to $15 million debut in North America.
Quick Glance: ‘The Equalizer 3’ Sets Global Records
- Despite ongoing industry strikes, The Equalizer 3 exceeded expectations in its opening weekend, earning $42 million.
- Sony's The Equalizer 3 surpassed the $100 million mark globally, questioning traditional movie promotion methods.
- The movie made $60 million in its first weekend, setting a new record in the franchise's nine-year history.
- The Equalizer 3 has earned a total of $107 million in just 10 days and is set to become the most successful installment in the franchise.
Quick Glance: Blue Beetle: Unique Development of Main Villain
- Blue Beetle introduces a fascinating and sympathetic villain, Carapax, setting it apart from other superhero films.
- What makes Carapax so compelling in 'Blue Beetle'?
- In Blue Beetle, Carapax's history with The School of the Americas is mentioned, clarifying his violent nature.
- Blue Beetle offers a rare moment of moral complexity, depicting killing Carapax as a bad thing.
Quick Glance: 'The Nun 2' Dominates Box Office with Impressive $32.6 Million
- 'The Nun II' conquered the box office, earning an impressive $32.6 million this weekend from 3,728 locations.
Director Gareth Edwards draws together the many strands of our current ...
The Creator review
Quick Glance: The Creator: A Visually Stunning yet Emotionally Hindered Sci-Fi Epic
- Director Edwards returns to his roots with 'The Creator', a visually impressive science fiction work.
- The film builds a believable, visually astonishing sci-fi world.
- Powerful performances by John David Washington and newcomer Madeleine Yuna Voyles.
- Unfortunately, 'The Creator' script simplifies conflicts and ideas unnecessarily.
Branagh may have avoided working with anyone that would generate headlines for the ...
‘A Haunting in Venice’ Review
Quick Glance: 'A Haunting in Venice': Branagh's New Agatha Christie Film
- Branagh's Poirot films are an alternative for mystery purists turned off by the 'Knives Out' films.
- Both franchises benefit from running simultaneously and observing Christie's influence on pop culture.
- A star-studded cast solving a Gothic mystery in one of Europe's most beautiful cities should entice any Christie fan.
- Branagh's passion for the source material and his willingness to let Christie's thrilling stories stand on their own are the biggest selling points for his Poirot films.
Recommended for you