Quick Glance: Barclays Plans to Drop Thousands of Investment Banking Clients
- Exploration of radical options for raising capital under Project Minerva
- CEO pressured to lessen reliance on investment banking and return capital to investors
- Consideration of reducing trading assets by 25% in favor of more profitable areas
- Efforts to cut ties with the least profitable investment banking clients to increase shareholder returns
Quick Glance: New Zealand Smoking Ban Reversal Sparks Health Expert Criticism
- New Zealand passed laws in 2022 to restrict and eventually ban cigarette sales to future generations.
- Smoking is the leading cause of preventable deaths in New Zealand, and the policy aimed to prevent young generations from picking up the habit.
- Health experts strongly criticized the sudden reversal.
- The announcement of the government's repeal of the laws shocked health experts who believed the policy would remain untouched.
As the world wrangles over its next steps in fighting climate change, each country has its own ...
Quick Glance: UAE's Oil Deals Agenda at COP28 Climate Talks
- Dr. Sultan al-Jaber leads the climate summit and the UAE's state oil company
- Hosts of the COP28 summit were expected to act without bias or self-interest
- The UAE team utilized COP28 meetings for business talks and emphasized the confidentiality of 'private meetings'
- The UAE declined to discuss the meeting contents, focusing on 'meaningful climate action'
Quick Glance: Chilly Temperatures and Snow Expected Next Week
- Brief return to milder conditions before widespread chilly spell, with potential temperatures as low as -8C.
- Northern and eastern UK already experienced sub-zero temperatures on Friday and Saturday evening.
- Chance of rain and hill snow on Wednesday and Thursday, especially over higher ground.
- Frosty nights expected, with below average temperatures and potential snowfall in higher areas.
People with naughty dogs, cats (and even kids) can now buy a 6ft 'half Christmas tree' 🎄😂👍 tinyurl.com/54ckwa3b
Quick Glance: Blackburn's Debut Christmas Tree Festival Delights Town
- The iconic King William Street venue, undergoing a £9million redevelopment, showcased a stunning display celebrating Christmas's past, present, and future.
- St. Stephen’s Tockholes C E Primary School's 1920s inspired tree, adorned with flapper girl ornaments, was the first chosen creation.
- The Mayor was wowed by the 1980s themed tree decorated with records of 80s hits, created by the children and staff at St. Paul’s RC Primary School in Feniscowles.
- Feniscowles Primary School children decorated a 1930s tree with toilet brushes after learning that Addis Brush Company created the first artificial Christmas tree in the 1930s.
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!