Thomas Gottschalk has caused a stir with his criticism live on "Wetten, dass.. ...
Gottschalk's "Wetten, dass...?" criticism outrages Kachelmann
Quick Glance: Kachelmann Upset by Gottschalk's 'Wetten, dass..?' Criticism
- Thomas Gottschalk's criticism has caused a stir.
- Many doubt whether Thomas Gottschalk has really been cancelled.
- Jörg Kachelmann perceives reality on television differently in general.
- It is not the refuge one would wish for Mr. Gottschalk. Whether he will actually be found in such niche portals in the future remains to be seen.
In Gottschalk's last "Wetten,dass..?" show, the presenter was thoroughly criticized ...
Quick Glance: Shirin David Challenges Thomas Gottschalk
- Superficially, Thomas Gottschalk and Shirin David got along well, but clearly, generations clashed.
- Shirin David challenges TV titans like Thomas Gottschalk and Dieter Bohlen.
- Did Shirin David cause uncomfortable moments and prompt the moderator to quit?
- Shirin David's dazzling appearance alongside Helene Fischer
Quick Glance: Tesla files lawsuit against Sweden over strikes
- IF Metall Stockholms län chairman Emma Hansson supports strike
- Tesla sues Transport Agency for unfair treatment
- 130 staff at Tesla repair shops demand better working conditions
- Eight other unions target Tesla in sympathy with the repair workers
Quick Glance: Judge: Tesla, Musk Aware of Autopilot Defect
- Florida judge found 'reasonable evidence' that Tesla CEO Elon Musk and other managers knew about the automaker's defective Autopilot system and still allowed unsafe driving.
- Plaintiff in lawsuit over fatal crash allowed to proceed to trial and bring punitive damages claims against Tesla for intentional misconduct and gross negligence.
- Setback for Tesla after winning product liability trials in California earlier this year over Autopilot driver assistant system.
- Evidence found that Tesla engaged in marketing strategy painting products as autonomous, and Musk's public statements had significant effect on belief about product capabilities.
Quick Glance: Beyoncé's 'Renaissance' Film Premiere: Raw, Emotional, Fun
- Industry's biggest stars embraced Beyoncé's concert doc with viral dance challenges and melismatic bridge replication.
- Beyoncé held the world premiere of Renaissance: A Film by Beyoncé in Beverly Hills on Saturday night.
- The concert film/ documentary showcases the tour’s elaborate production, crucial performances, and Beyoncé's experiences as a mother and cultural powerhouse.
- Beyoncé's global launch of her film on the big screen took place in the 1,010-seat Samuel Goldwyn Theater.
Quick Glance: Paris Mayor Condemns X as 'Global Sewer'
- Elon Musk attends AI Safety Summit at Bletchley Park.
- The mayor of Paris announces resignation from X, formerly Twitter, calling it a 'gigantic global sewer' that undermines democracy and peaceful debate.
- Anne Hidalgo criticizes Twitter for contributing to the destruction of democracies and dominating public debate with irrelevant facts.
- She condemns 'its owner' for intentionally exacerbating tensions and conflicts and describes life on Twitter as the opposite of democratic.
Quick Glance: Carolina Panthers Turmoil: Owner Fires Coach Again
- Carolina Panthers team owner David Tepper has once again fired the team's coach.
- Following Carolina's 17-10 loss to Tennessee on Sunday, dropping to an NFL-worst 1-10 record, Tepper dismissed head coach Frank Reich.
- Panthers special teams coordinator Chris Tabor will serve as the interim head coach for the remaining six games of the season.
- Having had six head coaches (including interims) since purchasing the team in 2018, Tepper is evidently impatient and incapable of hiring good football coaches.
Quick Glance: Biden Criticizes Trump and GOP
- The president criticized Republicans and former President Trump for actions that could jeopardize the supply chain, including undoing his achievements and seeking to replace ObamaCare.
- The president announced 30 actions to improve access to medicine and economic data.
- The council is to strengthen the supply chain during the 2023 holiday season, following significant issues during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Biden referenced a Truth Social post from Trump in the meeting, in which the former president revived calls to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act if he wins the 2024 election.
Quick Glance: Is 8GB of RAM Adequate for MacBook Pro?
- Since the introduction of the first MacBook Pro with Retina display in 2012, there has been controversy over whether 8GB of RAM is sufficient.
- In 2023, Apple continues to offer 8GB as the base configuration for its latest 14-inch MacBook Pro.
- Apple's M-series of chips also utilizes a feature called 'Unified Memory', integrated alongside the SoC.
- Opting for 8GB of Unified Memory when purchasing a MacBook Pro is a cost-effective choice if you have modest requirements and want suitable performance for everyday tasks.
Merriam-Webster Dictionary's word of the year is the genuine article. "Authentic," defined as "not false or imitation ... Show more
Quick Glance: Genuine: Merriam-Webster's Word of the Year
- The word "Genuine" was named the top word of 2023 by Merriam-Webster.
- There was a significant increase in online searches for the term.
- Interest was driven by stories and discussions about AI, celebrities, identity, and social media.
- The word has multiple meanings, including "not false or imitation" and also "true to one's own personality, spirit, or character".
Quick Glance: Sam Altman: The Indispensable
- Altman brought ChatGPT to the world.
- His ability to win people over is remarkable.
- Colleagues at Open AI did not take it lying down.
- In the end, Altman was supposed to emerge as the shining victor of the saga.
BREAKING: Israel and Hamas have agreed to extend a temporary cease-fire for two days, Qatar says. nbcnews.to/47xGkKj
Quick Glance: Israel Gaza: Release of 33 Palestinians
- Release of 33 individuals, totaling 150 Palestinians since Friday.
- Hamas releases 51 Israeli hostages, including three-year-old twin sisters.
- Little information released about the latest group of freed Palestinians.
- A bus carrying the newly released Palestinian prisoners has arrived in Ramallah.
Quick Glance: EU Warning: Amazon's iRobot Acquisition May Restrict Competition
- iRobot shares fall after formal objection to $1.45bn acquisition
- EU regulator warns of restricted competition in iRobot acquisition by Amazon
- EU raises concerns about competition in robot vacuum cleaners market
- Amazon can engage with regulator to address concerns
Family reunited after 7 weeks of captivity: a miracle amidst tragedy: "It was a dream coming true, a nightmare of 50 nights and days. We fought for them to come ...
Los Angeles to Auckland, New Zealand for only $588 roundtrip (Jan-Feb dates): Cheap flights from Los Angeles to Auckland, New Zealand for only $588 roundtrip ...
Quick Glance: US Government Takes Lead in AI Regulation
- Recent US memo on AI systems aims for transparency and safety.
- Agencies to monitor data quality and system impact, with plain language explanations for affected individuals.
- EU parliament discusses AI Act to ensure equity and fairness in AI deployment.
- Government urged to follow best practices for AI procurement to avoid pitfalls of inexperienced adoption.
Quick Glance: Holiday Sales Surge Driven by Enthusiastic Shoppers
- Black Friday saw unadjusted year-over-year increases in both in-store and online retail sales.
- In-store sales jumped by over 1%, while e-commerce led with an 8.5% increase.
- The majority of shoppers did their browsing and purchasing on their mobile devices, resulting in $5.3 billion in mobile sales.
- Adobe predicts that Cyber Monday will be the largest retail event of the year, generating a record $12 billion in sales, over 6% higher than last year.
Quick Glance: Shooting of Palestinian College Students in Vermont
- The victims were found near the University of Vermont campus and transported to the hospital.
- Two victims are US citizens and one is a legal resident.
- A white man shot the students without speaking and then fled.
- The victims were wearing traditional Palestinian scarves and were shot in different areas.
Why China’s economy won’t be fixed: An increasingly autocratic government is making bad decisions
Quick Glance: China's Remarkably Low Crime Rate
- China has the world's largest surveillance camera network controlled by the police.
- The homicide rate in China per 100,000 people is about a tenth of the global average.
- According to state records, only 6,522 people were murdered in 2021, which is approximately 80% lower than two decades ago.
- Surveys indicate that people in China feel safer from violent crime compared to most Western countries and elsewhere.
Quick Glance: VW: Restructuring for Cost Reduction
- Volkswagen is responding to the challenging situation with a restructuring program.
- The company aims to decrease the number of employees.
Quick Glance: Former Binance CEO's Stay in US Pending Trial
- Changpeng Zhao, founder and CEO of Binance, must remain in the US until the court in Seattle decides on his stay until his sentencing in February.
- He is a citizen of the United Arab Emirates and Canada and stepped down as CEO of Binance last week after pleading guilty to causing the company to fail to maintain an effective anti-money laundering program.
- The court will review whether Zhao should stay in the US after the US government appealed a decision allowing him to return to the UAE before his February sentencing.
- The government will take a position on the amount of jail time to seek for Zhao, according to a spokesperson for the Justice Department.
With help from PwC Cyprus, ...
Quick Glance: Tropical Island Pension Fund Scandal Involving US Billionaire
- Former Iranian statesman takes over Ennia in Curacao as a US billionaire.
- Allegations by the Central Bank of Curacao against the US billionaire for asset outflow at Ennia.
- Global company KPMG audited key parts of Ennia's business during the US billionaire's tenure.
- After six years as company CEO, the US billionaire had PwC establish offshore shell companies.
How will America’s economy fare in 2024? Don’t ask a forecaster : The consensus is that there is no consensus
Quick Glance: The Future of America's Economy in 2024
- Thanksgiving kicks off the holiday season.
- Large investment banks release extensive forecast research.
- Significant disparities in growth and inflation predictions.
- Various scenarios for growth and inflation are being discussed.
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!