Quick Glance: Wolfe Tones add second 3Arena date for 2024
- The Wolfe Tones have added another date at 3Arena for the upcoming year to celebrate their upcoming 60th anniversary as a band.
- After tickets for their concert at 3Arena on Saturday, October 12, sold out on Friday morning, a second date was added at the Dublin venue for Friday, October 11.
Quick Glance: Ukrainian student excels in one-year Leaving Cert curriculum
- Hugs, cheers, and tears of joy at a Dublin school as Leaving Certificate results were announced.
- Approximately 80 students from Donahies Community School took their exams in June and are now eagerly awaiting their results.
- Some students accessed their results online before 10 am, while others received them from their teachers at school.
- Elanas Zemaitis successfully completed the two-year Leaving Cert curriculum in just one academic year while attending online classes at his school in Kyiv.
Quick Glance: Legendary Rock and R&B Icon Tina Turner Passes Away at 83
- Representatives announced on her Instagram page that Tina Turner, the dynamic rock and R&B icon whose career spanned decades, passed away on Wednesday.
- Turner's children went to live with their grandparents, and in her teens, she considered a career in nursing.
- Tina Turner began her rise to fame with her then-husband in the Ike & Tina Turner duo.
- In 2013, Turner married longtime partner Erwin Bach, who lived with her in Zurich, where the singer preferred "the freedom."
Quick Glance: From Ireland, Biden confused a rugby squad with the British military force "Black and Tans" - and the English were not pleased.
- Biden was paying honor to his cousin, Rob Kearney, a rugby player whose Irish team overcame New Zealand's dominant All Blacks team in 2016.
- Biden speaks to the Irish parliament.
- Book signing: Biden signed a visitor book at Higgins' official residence, an homage to his Irish origins.
- Biden said it "feels great" to be back in his ancestral nation outside the Irish president's residence.
Quick Glance: Good Friday Agreement: Rishi Sunak promises a "better future" in Northern Ireland ahead of Joe Biden's visit
- The agreement brought an end to Northern Ireland's 30-year conflict, which had claimed over 3,500 lives.
- More information:
- The Good Friday Treaty After 25 years, "It is that promise of a better future that we offered to everyone in Northern Ireland that I will be thinking of first and foremost over the coming days." Prime Minister David Cameron said.
- "It is my responsibility as the prime minister of the United Kingdom to ensure we are making good on that promise."
- "As Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, it is my responsibility to ensure that we keep that promise."
Quick Glance: Man detained after an egg was "thrown in the direction of the King"
- Shortly after arrival, the King's security team directed him away from the crowds outside Luton Town Hall.
- The King appeared comfortable as he visited members of the public in Luton on Tuesday, barely a day after the Duke of Sussex mentioned a "dirty game" in a teaser for his new Netflix series.
- In the Town Hall, which was opened by the Duke of Kent in 1936, Charles signed a visitors' book and presented a plaque commemorating his visit.
- Charles has already visited the town, including in 1985 when he inaugurated a new terminal at Luton Airport.
Quick Glance: Peter Kay announces his first stand-up tour in 12 years.
- Peter Kay has announced his first tour in 12 years, which will see him return to live stand-up comedy.
- He made news in 2017 when he abruptly postponed his last 14-month tour owing to "unforeseen family circumstances," sparking significant worry about the comic's health.
- Kay's tour will visit the United Kingdom and Ireland from December 2022 to August 2023.
- "And with the cost of living at an all-time high, ticket prices are starting from £35 - the same price they were on my previous tour in 2010."
If your flight is canceled, are you entitled to a refund?: During the busy summer season, many travelers are left wondering what their rights are during extreme ...
Recommended for you