BREAKING: Met Office issues 'danger to life' weather warning with Storm Debi set to striketinyurl.com/3jmf7ahu
Quick Glance: Storm Debi: Woman Hospitalized, Thousands without Power, Towns Flooded in UK
- Recovery efforts underway in Ireland, schools closed, public transport disrupted after Storm Debi
- Woman hospitalized, hundreds of thousands without power, towns flooded after Storm Debi hits UK and Ireland
- Fire crews in Meath, Ireland respond to vehicle and tree incidents with no injuries reported
- Heavy winds and fallen trees reported, local authorities respond to damage after red and orange weather alerts lifted for wind and rain
Quick Glance: Controversy Surrounds Zungu's Brutal Tackle on Parker: Should There Be Sanctions?
- Mamelodi Sundowns midfielder Bongani Zungu's brutal tackle on Bernard Parker, resulting in Parker's leg break, has sparked controversy.
- The tackle has generated intense discussion on social media, with many condemning Zungu for his reaction following Parker's injury.
- Zungu expressed disbelief when referee Masixole Bambiso showed him a red card and had to be escorted off the field by Downs officials, vehemently proclaiming his innocence.
- EFF deputy leader Floyd Shivambu also expressed dissatisfaction with Zungu, stating that he did not act with malicious intent.
Quick Glance: Wendy Parker's Prayer for Her Husband Bernard
- Wendy Parker's well wishes for her husband.
- Wendy Parker, wife of injured TS Galaxy footballer Bernard Parker, encourages her husband before his surgery.
- Wendy shares a prayer and a Bible verse on Instagram.
- Bless the hands of the surgeons, doctors, nurses in their work today and please help them heal Bernard.
Quick Glance: Crucial Moments Secure Collingwood an Epic Grand Final Win
- Collingwood prevails over Brisbane by four points in an epic grand final.
- These were the most significant moments of the game and will be remembered by all who witnessed it.
- Zac Bailey of the Brisbane Lions lit up the MCG with a brilliant snap from the left pocket, evading Collingwood defender Nathan Murphy.
- On the grand stage, young Magpie Hill flew high onto the shoulders of Lions defender Brandon Starcevich, juggling the mark and nailing his third goal for the day. It was his first goal in his fifth grand final and 383rd game.
YOUR SAY: Who will go through to the Grand Final? 🏆 The Blues will this evening take on the Lions at the Gabba, with just one place up for grabs against the ... Show more
Quick Glance: Collingwood's Highwire Act Secures Victory Against Giants
- Collingwood overcomes a massive challenge from Greater Western Sydney with their highwire act to advance to the final.
- The result reverses a Giants win from four years ago and keeps the dream of a Collingwood-Carlton grand final alive.
- The Giants must overcome the odds by defeating Brisbane at their Gabba fortress on Saturday.
- The Magpies were in trouble when Toby Greene intercepted a hit from Cox and successfully scored from a boundary throw-in.
Ford might have to accept that if the party’s work is to continue ...
Quick Glance: Doug Ford apologizes for Greenbelt, sets a trend
- Ontario Premier Doug Ford announces reversing his government's decision to open the Greenbelt to developers.
- Ford apologizes for the plan to take 7,400 acres of land out of the Greenbelt and build 50,000 homes.
- The government's plan only involved developing 0.3 percent of the two-million-acre Greenbelt.
- Ontario Auditor General Bonnie Lysyk found that the plan had been put together hastily.
In today’s letters to the editor: speaker ...
An Alberta pension plan? Plus other letters, Sept. 27
Quick Glance: Warnings of Risks in Alberta Pension
- Jim Dinning, Chair of the Alberta Pension Plan Report Engagement Panel, releases an independent report on a potential Alberta Pension Plan in Calgary on Thursday, September 21.
- Edmonton Journal ePaper, an electronic replica of the print edition to view on any device, share, and comment on.
- Advocates warn that the risks of the Alberta Pension Plan are simply too great for seniors.
- Pension row distracts from the real issue.
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!