President Joe Biden on Monday announced dozens of new policy ...
Quick Glance: Biden Criticizes Trump and GOP
- The president criticized Republicans and former President Trump for actions that could jeopardize the supply chain, including undoing his achievements and seeking to replace ObamaCare.
- The president announced 30 actions to improve access to medicine and economic data.
- The council is to strengthen the supply chain during the 2023 holiday season, following significant issues during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Biden referenced a Truth Social post from Trump in the meeting, in which the former president revived calls to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act if he wins the 2024 election.
US calls for security design overhaul amid rising AI threats: Crucial safeguards need to be built into the system architecture from the start to better help ...
Quick Glance: Ex-Officer Derek Chauvin Stabbed in Prison: Report
- Derek Chauvin, former Minneapolis police officer, was stabbed by another inmate and seriously injured.
- The attack occurred at the Federal Correctional Institution, Tucson, plagued by security lapses and staffing shortages.
- The Bureau of Prisons confirmed the assault on Friday at 12:30 p.m. local time.
- This is the second high-profile attack on a federal prisoner in the last five months and the second major incident at the prison in a little over a year.
Quick Glance: Honda Recalls Over 303,000 Vehicles Due to Seat Belt Issues
- Nearly 304,000 Honda Accords and HR-Vs are being recalled due to potential seat belt issues.
- The front seat belt pretensioners in Honda vehicles had deficiencies as the quick connector and wire plate were not properly secured.
- The seat belt pretensioners are responsible for keeping the occupants safe during hard braking or accidents.
- Missing fastenings in the seat belt pretensioners may not adequately protect the occupants in an accident, increasing the risk of injury.
Quick Glance: Israel Gaza: Release of 33 Palestinians
- Release of 33 individuals, totaling 150 Palestinians since Friday.
- Hamas releases 51 Israeli hostages, including three-year-old twin sisters.
- Little information released about the latest group of freed Palestinians.
- A bus carrying the newly released Palestinian prisoners has arrived in Ramallah.
A U.S. Navy destroyer thwarted the attack and the suspected pirates are now in ...
Quick Glance: Pentagon Identifies Somali Perpetrators in Attempted Tanker Hijacking
- The attempted hijacking of a tanker on Sunday in the Gulf of Aden was not carried out by Yemeni Houthis, but apparently by five Somali individuals, the Pentagon spokesperson said.
- The US Navy's USS Mason detained five individuals on Sunday after responding to a distress call from the Central Park ship.
- The five attackers boarded the Liberian-flagged Central Park before the Mason arrived and demanded the release of the ship.
- According to the US Central Command, the attackers attempted to flee via a small boat before they were eventually captured.
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!