Quick Glance: Michigan Football Cancels Historic Ohio State Game, Harbaugh's Future in Spotlight
- Due to a COVID-19 outbreak, the Michigan vs. Ohio State game is canceled after 103 years.
- Coach Jim Harbaugh and AD Warde Manuel face questions about Harbaugh's long-term future.
- Prospective recruits are concerned about Harbaugh's leadership.
- A decision on Harbaugh's retention should be made before potential replacements are hired.
Quick Glance: Alligator Denied Access to Baseball Match
- Wally the Alligator currently in custody
- Animal assistance common at sports events
- Wally serving as emotional support alligator
- Wally denied entry to baseball venue
Quick Glance: Crawford leads Mariners to victory over Rangers, keeping playoff hopes alive
- Mariners win against Rangers, staying in the playoff race
- Crawford identified as potential captain of the Mariners
- Rangers have lead in AL West ahead of Houston and Seattle
- Crawford receives standing ovation after hitting a home run
The Baltimore Orioles completed one of the greatest turnarounds in ...
'It's worth it'
Quick Glance: Orioles secure 30-year lease agreement for Camden Yards through in-game announcement
- The Orioles announced on Thursday night on the video board at Oriole Park that the team and Maryland Stadium Authority have reached a new 30-year lease agreement to keep the team in Baltimore.
- After the announcement, a jubilant Moore was seen in the Camden Yards concourse hugging people and affirming that the lease was for 30 years.
- The approval of the Maryland Stadium Authority board and the Board of Public Works is required.
- As part of their pursuit of a lease agreement, Angelos sought commercial development rights to state-owned parking lots B and C, which are situated on valuable land between Oriole Park at Camden Yards and the Ravens’ M&T Bank Stadium.
Quick Glance: Royals on Brink of Rare Yankees Series Victory
- The New York Yankees must win both remaining games to continue their series winning streak against the Royals.
- The Yankees have won 15 consecutive series against the Royals, their second-longest streak against any opponent.
- Despite losing their past two games, the Yankees have a 16-10 record in September.
- Rookie catcher Austin Wells has helped spark the late resurgence with two hits in his first six games.
Quick Glance: Jays host Rays in potential postseason preview
- September 30 - The Toronto Blue Jays can secure a wild-card spot and win their three-game series against the Tampa Bay Rays on Saturday afternoon.
- The Rays (97-63) have already secured the first wild-card spot and are currently in preparation mode.
- At the moment, that would be the Blue Jays.
- Rays team MVP Yandy Diaz returned on Friday and hit a two-run home run along with a walk.
Quick Glance: Marlins secure wildcard spot by defeating Pirates
- The Miami Marlins overcome a sleepless night to defeat the Pirates in Pittsburgh.
- A victory by the Marlins or one loss each for both the Chicago Cubs and the Cincinnati Reds would send Miami to the postseason.
- Marlins manager Skip Schumaker sees the effects of sleep deprivation on his players, but they bounce back.
- With one more victory in Pittsburgh, the Marlins can prevent the game on Monday in New York.
The San Francisco Giants fired Gabe Kapler, the 2021 Manager of the Year, after their struggles in ...
Quick Glance: SF Giants fire Gabe Kapler after 4 seasons
- Gabe Kapler was fired following a spectacular September collapse, despite recently earning the endorsement of the club's chairman.
- Manager Farhan Zaidi recommended Kapler's firing, which was approved by ownership.
- Kapler led the team through the 2020 pandemic and achieved a franchise-record 107 wins and a postseason berth in 2021.
- The Giants have only made the playoffs and finished with a winning record under Kapler during Zaidi's five-year tenure.
Quick Glance: Red Sox end 5-game losing streak with win over Orioles
- Nick Pivetta throws seven shutout innings and Boston wins 3-0.
- Trevor Story drives in two runs for Boston with a home run.
- The Orioles end their five-game winning streak.
- Whitlock contributes three strikeouts to Boston's pitching success with his first save.
Quick Glance: Cubs' Playoff Hopes at Stake as Brewers Stand in the Way
- September 30 - Even after securing the National League Central title, the Milwaukee Brewers still pose a threat within the division.
- Carlos Santana's walk-off double in the 10th inning on Friday sealed the Brewers' 4-3 victory over the Cubs, putting Chicago's playoff chances in jeopardy.
- The Marlins currently hold a 1 1/2-game lead over the Cubs and the Cincinnati Reds (82-78) for the final National League wild-card spot.
- Cubs right-hander Kyle Hendricks, who allowed three runs on five hits in 4 1/3 innings on Friday, acknowledged the team's dire situation: 'We know where we're at -- back against the wall.'
J.P. Crawford hit a grand slam and Ty France and Josh Rojas added solo homers as the Seattle Mariners ...
Quick Glance: M's Defeat Rangers: J.P. Crawford Hits Grand Slam
- Texas starter Nathan Eovaldi (12-5) allows 7 runs in 3 1/3 innings.
- Brandon Belt and Matt Chapman each hit a solo home run for the Blue Jays, who are closing in on securing an American League wild-card spot.
- Kody Funderburk (2-0) earns the win with 2 scoreless innings of relief.
- Carter Kieboom hits a 3-run homer, Dominic Smith with a 2-run shot, and Lane Thomas, Keibert Ruiz, and Jake Alu with solo home runs for Washington, which ranks near the bottom in the majors with 151 home runs.
Quick Glance: Bobby Witt Jr. achieves MLB's exclusive 30-30 club
- Bobby Witt Jr. reaches another significant milestone on Friday night.
- The rising star of the Kansas City Royals became the 45th member of Major League Baseball's exclusive 30-30 club: 30 home runs and 30 stolen bases in a season.
- He's also the first player from the Royals to achieve a 30-30 season.
- Witt is the third player to join the 30-30 club this season, following outfielders Ronald Acuña Jr. (Atlanta Braves) and Julio Rodriguez (Seattle Mariners).
Quick Glance: Padres Secure Narrow Victory over White Sox
- Nick Martinez recorded eight strikeouts in five scoreless innings, leading the San Diego Padres to a 3-2 win against the Chicago White Sox on Friday night.
- Martinez achieved a season high in strikeouts, helping San Diego (80-80) secure their third consecutive win.
- Yoan Moncada and Carlos Perez each hit a home run for Chicago (61-99).
- Martinez allowed two hits and two walks before giving way to the bullpen.
Quick Glance: Bryce Harper's Outburst at Ángel Hernández After Controversial Check-Swing Call
- Phillies outfielder Bryce Harper was ejected on Thursday after arguing with third base umpire Ángel Hernández over his decision to rule him out on strikes on an attempted check swing.
- Hernández, however, believed that Harper completed the swing and called the 30-year-old out on strikes.
- An angry Harper then charged towards third base and berated the umpire.
- While walking to the dugout after his ejection, Harper threw his helmet into the crowd, generating a loud cheer from the fans at Citizens Bank Park.
Quick Glance: Blue Jays capture wild-card spot against Rays
- Alejandro Kirk smashes a home run and three RBIs, Bo Bichette goes 4-for-5 with three runs and one RBI as the Toronto Blue Jays defeat the Tampa Bay Rays 11-4 on Friday night.
- Yandy Diaz hits a two-run homer for the Rays (97-63), securing the first AL wild-card berth.
- The game marks the opening of the three-game series that concludes the regular season.
- Toronto scores three runs in the third inning against Zack Littell.
Quick Glance: Bassitt's Career Highlight Puts Blue Jays on Verge of Postseason Berth
- Bassitt's dominant performance with 7.2 innings brings Blue Jays close to postseason.
- Matt Chapman praises Bassitt's impressive improvement and 200-inning milestone.
- Bassitt secures victory for Blue Jays and gives their struggling offense a chance.
- Throwing 200 innings requires trust from many people.
Quick Glance: OpenAI and Jony Ive in Talks for $1 Billion Funding from SoftBank for AI Device Project
- OpenAI is in advanced talks with Jony Ive and SoftBank to develop the 'iPhone of artificial intelligence'.
- The funding of over $1 billion will be provided by SoftBank.
- SoftBank declined to comment on the report.
- OpenAI has not responded to a request for comment from Reuters.
Urban Meyer defends Ryan Day's Lou Holtz rant, says any critic of OSU coach is 'an idiot'
Quick Glance: PGA Tour in Talks with Endeavor and Fenway Sports - Source
- Endeavor Group and the owner of the Boston Red Sox, Fenway Sports Group, have expressed interest in investing in the PGA Tour.
- The merger of the PGA, DP World Tour, and Saudi-backed LIV Golf Circuit was announced in June.
- Senators have criticized the deal as 'sportswashing,' where the kingdom uses sports to improve its reputation.
- Both Fenway and Endeavor are already significant players in the sports industry.
Quick Glance: Terry Francona: Memories of Guardians Manager
- Francona talks about dinner with family before the game
- Battle for 2nd place in the AL Central: Guardians vs. Detroit
- Francona shares how he knew it was time to bid farewell as Guardians manager
- Triston McKenzie answers health-related questions; Guardians await results
How the Blue Jays can clinch a playoff spot: Magic number on Mariners is three: Here's a look at how the Toronto Blue Jays (87-71) can wrap up a playoff ...
Recommended for you