Quick Glance: Republicans initiate Biden impeachment inquiry over son's business dealings
- Republicans hold first hearing on impeachment inquiry, revealing foreign payments to Biden family members but no evidence of personal benefit to the president.
- Hearing reviews Republican evidence of Hunter Biden's foreign business ventures, alleging that Biden's family sold access.
- Biden accused of lying about family's business dealings and failing to separate them from his official duties.
- Republicans claim Biden and his family profited from policies pursued during Obama administration.
Quick Glance: Biden launches American Climate Corps, inspired by the New Deal
- President Biden pledged to create the Climate Corps during his first week in office.
- A program aimed at engaging young climate activists.
- The American Climate Corps is based on a program that provided employment to millions during the Great Depression.
- According to President Biden's climate policy advisor, Ali Zaidi, the program has broader goals beyond addressing the climate crisis.
As climate activists from around the world gather in New ...
“Stop Financing Fossil Fuels”
Quick Glance: Thousands Demand End to Fossil Fuels in New York
- Tens of thousands rally in New York, calling for urgent action against climate change.
- The rally, known as the March to End Fossil Fuels, kicks off New York's Climate Week.
- Organizers estimate that approximately 75,000 people attended the event.
- We demand that the government declare a climate emergency.
A sharply divided Supreme Court has ruled that the Biden administration overstepped its authority ...
Quick Glance: Can Joe Biden Eliminate Student Loans if Supreme Court Rejects Plan?
- Supporters of student debt relief hope that President Joe Biden has the authority to forgive loan amounts, even if his proposed plan is halted by the Supreme Court.
- Biden frequently promised a loan forgiveness strategy during his 2020 presidential campaign, and he introduced his plan last summer.
- Recipients of the low-income Pell Grant qualify for $20,000.
- The fate of Biden's plan now rests with the Supreme Court, following a lawsuit filed by several GOP-led states. A decision is expected soon.
Quick Glance: Modi Heads to US for Critical Tech and Defence Talks
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi to meet with US President Joe Biden
- US expanding ties with India to counter China's influence
- Modi only third Indian leader to receive official state visit invitation
- Expected agreements on fighter jet engines, drones, and semiconductors
Quick Glance: Twitter threatens legal action against Meta over new Threads platform
- Twitter notifies Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg about the strict enforcement of its intellectual property rights in a letter from Twitter lawyer Alex Spiro.
- Elon Musk, Twitter owner, responds to the report, stating: 'Competition is acceptable, cheating is not.'
- Meta launched its new Threads platform during the night of Wednesday.
- Threads is Meta's response to Twitter, providing a platform for sharing text updates and participating in public discussions.
Recommended for you